You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Conversation With A Beggar

Real Ghost Stories

Conversation With A Beggar

 

So I'd like to share with you a very weird thing that happened to me last week. For those who reside in Johannesburg South Africa, you probably know of Gandhi Square in the CBD area. Well my experience happened around there last week Wednesday when my boyfriend and I went to go help a friend of his whose tyre burst and didn't have a spare. Luckily for him we were in the vicinity so we quickly drove to where he was.

Just to brief you on what's been happening in my life, my boyfriend and I moved in with his parents beginning of the year so we can save up to get a place of our own. His house is very big and we occupy one third of the house and his mom and dad live in the rest. We do have our privacy and it is a very lovely house. Only problem is it doesn't have enough windows to allow the sun in so it is always dark and chilly. My nose was runny throughout this winter, it was a horrible experience for me. The transition itself has been hard because I went from being an independent person since the age of seventeen who's been living by herself for a whole decade doing things my way and never having to answer to anyone, to someone who now has to change her whole lifestyle in order to respect their way of living which, just by the way, is completely different from the way I've been raised. My parents being more modern in their ways. Anyway all of this has left me feeling very depressed and unhappy even though my boyfriend has tried by all means to make me feel comfortable and welcome.

Back to the story

My boyfriend got out and helped his friend change his tyre and while they were doing that I got out of the car and wandered off because it was a beautiful sunny afternoon and I tend to get motion sickness a lot so I can't stand sitting in a car for too long. I stood outside a McDonald's and this old beggar approached me and asked me for money but unfortunately I wasn't carrying any cash on me and I told him this which he seemed to understand. Now this man was probably in his forties if I were to guess, but because he was a beggar and therefore dirty I can't be too sure.

He then just stood there staring at me which kind of made me feel uncomfortable and as I was moving away from him back towards our car he said I must wait. Don't know why but for some reason I stopped and complied. He then proceeded to tell me that I looked very unhappy and that there was a shadow next to me. At first I thought he was nuts but what he said next freaked me out, he said, It's not the house that is cold, but this shadow that is always next to me. He told me someone doesn't like me and has sent this thing to drain me (not sure I understand what he meant).

A few feet away my boyfriend and his friend were done and he called out my name for us to get going. I must've turned away for a few seconds but when I turned around again the beggar was gone. I assumed he must have walked away so I walked back to my boyfriend and his friend to tell them what had just happened to me, but when I got to them before I could even tell them my boyfriend's friend laughed and asked me why was I talking to myself. He's one of my boyfriend's not-so-mature friends so I just assumed he was being rude towards the beggar and told him that wasn't cool and that they are people too. My boyfriend and him exchanged looks and my boyfriend said there was no one next to me and that I was standing alone all this time.

The man I spoke to looked as real as you and me and I still don't know why he said the things he said to me. I know it's not an exciting encounter but it's left me baffled, am still wondering who would want to harm me and what is this 'shadow' he was talking about. Maybe it wasn't a literal one, I don't know. Am open to any suggestions here because my boyfriend doesn't believe in the paranormal so he isn't much help. His mom is a Christian and shuns all talk about such.

Other hauntings by Temilicious

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Temilicious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ninajk (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Hi timilicious: I have had similar experiences. I have spoken to total strangers most times drunks or beggars and they have said things that totally shock me. Like how did he/she know that.
One thing that stood out was the fact he said that you had a shadow and someone does not like you. Since finding out who that person is almost impossible I think you shouldn't worry about that. Since we all in africa I think you will understand what witchcraft is all about (sangomas, inyanga, mediums etc). If you ever consulted these people you might have picked up something. If you have never dabbled that I assume someone is busy with you. I think you should pray I do not now how religious you are but that has helped me. Here is a prayer www.lightnetonline.org/warfare.html
Good luck dear. Remember not to be afraid
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Temilicious: I went through something similar following our ghost hunting trip to Mansfield... Now generally speaking, I'm an optimist and try to maintain a positive attitude...But, wow, it was getting the better of me...Anyway, I went and bought a smokey quartz crystal pendant...It's very simple, just the stone hanging on a string... But I felt relief the moment I put it on in the store... Of course, I cleansed and charged it when I got home, and I would wear it all the time if it wasn't for the clasp (I'm allergic to nickle 😆)...Now I keep it in my little mojo bag that I carry everywhere and wear it when I feel that negativity coming back...

I don't know if you believe in the power of crystals and gemstones, but just thought I'd give you an option 😊
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
This has nothing to do with what happened to me but I just felt I need to share this.

Am watching "Miracle Detectives" and this firefighter, John something was retelling his encounter on that tragic day of 9/11. Apparently he also met a man dressed as a construction worker on a bridge straight after the collapse of the buildings and this construction worker told him that he was watching the whole thing and that this John guy is alive because it was God's plan and he made him survive so he could tell the tale.

When they got to the end of the bridge there were cops all over the place and they handed John water. John told them to give a bottle of water to the construction worker as well and the cops told him he had crossed the bridge (it was the Brooklyn Bridge) alone whereas he haa a fat conversation with this man

I've been wrecking my brain about that day and I come across this programme on a channel I rarely watch.

(Amazed)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Well, darling, just a little fact, it does happen and the only thing we could do is keep our eyes open and protect ourselves.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Hi Geetha,

thanks for forwarding the cleansing method, I will definitely keep you posted on how I fare.

I will visit my GP, like I said earlier I just took it for malnutrition or something like that. It's always better to seek logical explanations anyways. I just pray I wasn't hallucinating
😜

I think it just freaks me out to think that people would go all out to harm someone else just because they are jealous or don't like them. Like Sds said about India, so is Africa but I guess I never thought anything like that would happen to me.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Hi Temilicious,

Thanks for getting back to us with your answers. I don't think Rook would mind if I post his cleansing method here on his behalf. If it works, just pass thanks on to him.

Here it is:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Keep us updated on how things are going. Also, I'm not doubting what you went though is paranormal BUT I suggest you go see a doctor to rule out anything medical. Some while ago, I had go though the same thing as you, where no matter how much sleep I got I would always feel tire during the day (to the point where I would catch myself falling asleep at my work) and by the time I get home, I would be so exhausted that I would pass out on my bed. I went to the doctor and she told me that I had a thyroid problem and she gave me meds for it. I don't feel as bad as before.
Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Thank you for all your comments, sorry it took me so long to respond. I will try to answer all your questions as best as I can.

Firsty thank you for all the information I've received so far, thank you zzgranny for the links.

Rook, Sds and geetha:

When I said my nose was runny I was just trying to describe to you all how cold the house is but as for me personally I don't feel cold unless I'm in the house. I wouldn't use the word "drained" but my energy levels are so low off lately. I just put it off as malnutrition, not enough sleep- that sort of thing. No matter how well rested I am I always come back from work and pass out on the couch.

I guess I should stop focusing on who may be trying to harm me and focus on being positive. I've become such an angry person with such a low self esteem. I lash out at people and am always keeping an ear out, thinking people are talking about me behind my back. I have been a very paranoid, jealous and unhappy person and this saddens me because I used to be so happy.

I've read a lot of stories with your cleansing methods Rook, but could you please re-post one here on this forum.
I am so tired of being unhappy and sad all the time. I want light back into my life.

If that man was a guide (I take it that's like an angel right?) I guess it gives me some comfort knowing I am not all alone.

Oh and about my parent being "modern." I share a lot with my mm but we stay in different cities and she's the type to say I mustn't let it get to me and it won't. My dad just accepts there's a God but that's as far as he goes. He's not really interested.

Thank you all and if I forgot to answer a question I'm sorry, please just point it out to me.
FeFiFoLexi (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
The shadow may not necessarily be something someone else conjured. For example a girl could be jealous of you and want your boyfriend and so she may pray for harm to come your way. A family member may not like you and speak negativity into your life. Just surround yourself with positivity. Meditate and pray. Do what you can. Do volunteer work. Anything good.
chimchim (5 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Hi--just to add to what raftingirl and sds said, in Japan there is a concept very similar to the European "evil eye," where the spirit of a person who is jealous or envious can attack the object of their negative feelings. It's unconscious and happens when the jealous person's guard is down, for example when they are asleep. My point is that this kind of belief is virtually universal, which to my mind gives it credibility. And I agree with raftingirl about what to do about it--shields.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Temilicious,

I'm in agreement with most folks here. However, I think that energy vampires do not always send entities consciously, the negative energy they can emit can have the exact same effect. This can be anyone ~ your coworker, your friend, a family member. Best practices in these cases is to create a shield around yourself.

Rook will likely have the best guide for you for that. Just stay positive ~ that can be a pretty good shield in and of itself.

Loved your account too. I think you do have someone looking out for you:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
granny,
I learnt something new today. Thanks for the links.

Temilicious,
I have the same questions as Rook and SDS. I would like to know what your answer is to that. Also, you mentioned that your parents are "modern" in their thinking. Have you been able to talk to them and see what is going on?

My suggestion would be to get rid of whatever is haunting ASAP. If you haven't done so already, I suggest Rook's cleansing methods and also praying to whatever faith you believe in.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Temilicious, in our culture, in India, there are practices done through black magic to haunt someone, to drain somebody of their energies, to attack and demoralise their rivals and even to kill. So it is not strange for me when I read your story. I feel that the beggar is your guardian or guide, who chose to inform you to ward off the evil. But, tell me that you said that you always have a running nose during winter but apart from that you said that since there was no sunlight, the house was chill and cold. So I don't know whether you have been feeling cold all the times. Please let us know. Then we can give some suggestions.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
Temilicious,

While I can not be sure of what this 'beggar' told you there is a good chance if it was a 'guide' that it chose a 'time and place' that would not 'freak' you out. To you it seemed 'real' and this 'spirit' was able to deliver it's message/warning.

My question to you is this... Do you feel 'cold and drained'?

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
Temilicious: Well, I'm thinking the beggar may have been one of your guides... Why he chose that particular scenario to present himself is anyone's guess... But what I want to ask you is if you've ever heard of "energy vampires"?...

Http://www.suite101.com/article/stop-energy-vampires-a14286

This is a very indepth, informative article:
Http://www.whitedragon.org.uk/articles/vampyres.htm

Also, though it isn't mentioned in the previous articles, I've heard that energy vampires can send negative entities/shadows to do their bidding...Can't remember where I heard it though 😆
ucantseeme (9 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
What the beggar said to you is about black magic, which people who don't like you will do with a help of a witch or black magician, here what they would do, usually people of this kind will have some slave ghost and some very tiny creature that they will aim at the people whom they wanted to attack these creature won't kill instead they would give some physical problems which cannot be solved by doctors, if take medicine the cure will be only for same days then it would start again, in fact my relation also did the same thing to me because of which I will vomit after taking meal, my food won't come out instead some thick liquid like water will come, Wear cross to and always have holy water with you or go to a black magician and ask them

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: