You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Deep Voice Spoke Loudly 1 Of 3

Real Ghost Stories

A Deep Voice Spoke Loudly 1 Of 3

 

Growing up in the hill towns of Western Massachusetts was at times very lonely. The view of rolling green hills and rich thick woods of sugar maples, oak and pine, so beautiful. However, if you lived there, farm life was filled with responsibility and chores. Neighbors were often as far away as a half mile in the distance.

Summer storms could hit without warning, very fierce lightning coming from high in the darkened sky, streaks splitting from right to left, seeking that water source that attracted them on or under the ground. Several jags within seconds, followed by an earsplitting thunder, so loud the earth shook. The mountainous land my family cleared over the centuries had ledge in various areas, large veins of pure clear water lay deeply within this rock.

On this day I entered the house from a quick trip to the garden, the vegetable basket loaded with bounty. I had a fine salad planned, summer squash too. I had been chief cook and bottle washer for two years now, since my Mom's death. Dad would come in and after a long refreshing face and hand wash, he would look upon supper cooking and smile at me with pride. I worked hard to earn that smile. Now with many kitchen disaster behind me, at least, I showed promise.

I stood at the sink washing the garden dirt from our meal, the spring water so cold over my fingers, oblivious to all else as I worked.

This is so difficult to explain. Suddenly I heard an extremely vibrant deep voice in my brain, and it scared me horribly. "BACK-GIRL-BACK!"

I jumps back very fast and spun around half falling into a kitchen chair. At that very moment a bright ball of glowing lightning passed from the kitchen faucet directly into the electric stove burner operating only a few feet away. Only a second before I was standing in the path of that fiery lightning, my hands in that still running water. Did you know lightning smells? Oh did it smell. I remember my head hurting so badly. How can a voice be in your brain, but not heard with your ears. Please tell me how can that happen!

The stove was heating water for my Dad's tea, the lightning left the faucet, heading for the closest power. The burner had to be replaced and eventually my tears dried up.

That voice was so loud, so freaky. It sounded almost like English was hard to speak as the words were almost growled. Hard to explain. Little did I know I was to hear that voice two more times in my life and both times it saved me again from death.

Other hauntings by msforgetmenott

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msforgetmenott, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-20)
Msforgetmenott, I just came across your voice in head stories and I was struck by your description as it is so similar to what happened to me. I felt so happy reading your stories!

Just a couple of days ago I submitted a story about a voice I heard in my head, not ears, in a situation that was trying to give me warning. If the story gets posted, I'll come back to your story's comments and let you know which one it is. The voice yelled at me! Yours is the first time I've heard about something similar happening to someone.

After reading the comments here, I see that it has happened to A LOT of people on this site and I feel a good connection here!

Thank you for posting your wonderful stories. I can't express properly how much I enjoyed them and feel like they've taken away some of my feelings of isolation.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Miracles: I do wish I had kept a journal, It would help this old person with details! Where ever that voice came from, it terrified me the first time.
Jan

Wardo: I am sorry for the loss of your Dad, I still feel the same pain 15 years later.
I believe you must have heard a similar voice. Have you heard it since?
Jan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
msforgetmenott - I just realized I contradicted myself in two of my comments about why I hear some voices in my head, yet others with my ears. The evil man that scared the crap out of me I heard in my head, which totally disputes my theory of hearing guides in my head. He was not a guide 😐 If he was, he was very angry and mean. I don't think I want a guide like that LOL

I'm continuing to read my Journal to see if I can find a pattern. I just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten this conversation 😊
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
What an interesting event. I have not read the comments below, but skimmed them a bit. I found this so well written and detailed. I really liked the read, thank you.

I can see your dad smiling proudly at you in my made up cartoon in my head. That must have been so warming. It reminds me of my father who has recently passed.

I have heard a voice in my head also, and it gave me chills the way you described your account. It was almost identical, and yes, it was a warning as well.

I was sleeping as a child and there was a dresser near my bed with a large heavy lamp on it. All of a sudden I heard "Look out!" but in my brain just like you said. I sat bolt upright in bed just as the lamp came crashing down onto my bed, shattering glass all over the place. I remember because I had some glass splinters that went into my backside. I must have been around 6 years old. To this day I do not know what caused the lamp to fall over, or where my warning came from. But I have this sickening feeling that I would have been killed by the lamp falling on me. My mother was almost paranoid about anything being near my bedside after that event.

I can't wait to read part 2 and 3 of your adventure, but first, some other postings to go through.

Thank you for sharing your story, and as your name implies, we could never forget you! ❤
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Thank you Annie,
If you could see my struggle with spelling, way too many red lines! Writing does not come easy... I just felt I had something to say.
Jan
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
msforgetmenott - I totally agree with Tweed, you should definitely become a writer. You are very good. Very interesting story. I am definitely going to look out for the others.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Thank you so much ZulaGirl.
Said with humor, it runs in the family.
Jan
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
P.S. It's nice to hear that someone has such a deep love and profound connection with the land.

It reminds me of Papa O'Hara in 'Gone With the Wind.' 😳
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
That sounds like an amazing place! I like your writing too. Best wishes, ZG 😳
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Oh ZulaGirl, I feel like you know me!
How beautifully you write, yet quickly coming to a vital point.
We live sixty miles from this land, good schools and good jobs, a choice, forty five years ago. It is hard, but yes we care for and keep the land.
As we take the well known drive and are close, within my mind, I say "Dad, we are close, send me a gift". Money being a factor, I, earlier had meant a lost valuable coin, but over time I learned these gifts sent are far more simple. An American Eagle, a rare woods flower, or just a fine clear day, the mountains of New England in view.
Sixth sense, possibly, not all that often. Admittedly I have had a fair share of various events.
We camp through the summer with frequent visits home. I have neighbors near the land that have sent beef cattle across the road. The cows busy cropping the pasture grasses, keeping back the brush. They hay our land too, as my father once did. In another pasture, a team of matched work horses swish their tails in unison. They trot as twins in circles near the fence line, heads high with invisible reins, practicing for the next parade. These horses also on lend, from another neighbor.
My wonderful husband (retired Air force) learned he had more unknown skills, logging and trimming, running farm equipment.
My body, warns me to go slow, but is there any other pace, to drink in the sun and beauty? By fireside at night, the stars.
Amalgam was a perfect word for describing a persons DNA, mixed with instinct and ability. Like glue or a coating.
You are also correct for I really am trying to complete a puzzle of what I have felt and heard over a lifetime. This land was owned by black bear, moose, white tailed deer and early man, they still rule. We are the keepers, just for now.
Jan
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
It sounds like your higher mind interceded. I would interpret this story as more of a spiritual, rather than a paranormal experience (which is not so much apples and oranges, but more gala and Fuji apples).

If your family has lived on that land for generations (right?) than you and your living family members, especially the ones who reside there, are partly an amalgam of your ancestors and their connection to the land.

The land sounds well loved. If it has large amounts of clear, pure water, than that is like the beating heart's blood (as you said) of the property. Water is the elemental equivalent of emotion and it will draw fire and turbulence from time to time.

I hope you are grateful for this sixth sense type of connection (not to say that you may not be psychically-inclined as well. These are all pieces of a larger puzzle) that has been imparted to you. Anymore, having such a powerful, ancestral bond with one's immediate environment is oh-so rare.

You said this has happened two more times since. If I were you, I would make an offering to the land (something you can do to make its job of supporting the life upon it easier). Pair this offering with a prayer of thanks and gratitude and you will be held safe in a way that very few are nowadays. Do this once or twice a year for best results. Do not be surprised if you feel a lightness in your step and a special joy in your heart when you do this (that is how you will know that you have done it right,). Those are my thoughts anyway.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Thank you all at YGS that so kindly have written. I have a lot to ponder over. I feel like I have joined a new family.
I will continue to write of various events, over time, if nothing else it is a form of therapy. I definitely intend to continue to read!
I am grateful to all,
Jan
frangelica1 (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
You are very welcome Msforgetmenott!

I too had a strong interest in the paranormal first even though I had always been fearful of ghosts or spirits while growing up.

I started meditating ~ 5 years back and also taking courses on the Archangels and explored psychic ability, etc. After having true miracles happen in my life, I no longer have any fear of the afterlife and am a true believer. Some of these occurrences have really strengthened my belief in God and that there truly is an afterlife for people and animals alike. I can look back on my life earlier and realize that the major premonitions and experiences like being drawn to an area where a lost animal has been locked in a building are truly due to psychic abilities we have!

I love learning and have discovered another whole wide world out there! I also love helping people realize that their loved ones that have passed are truly still around them and that they will see them all again one day! And these words come from me, a very analytical engineer that worked in the oil business!

Best of luck to you on your further exploration of your gifts!
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Thank you so much Frangelica, you took so much time, Frangelica. You covered so much material and I think you touched upon several of my questions. I have spent my entire life pushing my ability down, and never thought anyone could really help me here. Very interested that you say ALL can hear. From this, I am given to understand we all have the ability, but are not using it or wish not to.
Years ago we were on Vacation in Washington D.C. And touring Washington's home. The guide had gathered us in front of a very large fireplace to talk, I felt ice cold air around the fireplace, simply rose my hand before we moved on, asking is there any chance others have told you of this unnatural cold air during your tours? Now don't start that, he told me, walking away. I turned to look closer and saw a clear image of a terribly injured slave, with very bad burns, old charred broom in hand, long dress material melted to her skin. I saw her eyes turn from me to my left where another viewer stood, I then noticed a tall man still in the room, looking as distressed as I felt. He quietly spoke, shall we pray? I nodded folding my hands, his passages were simple, ones she would have understood. I want to say she moved on, as we left the room hurrying to catch up I glanced back, sadly she was still there. Was good to share and know I was not alone. Going onward with that tour, I groaned thinking I will see something at every turn but I did not. Later on we reached the place where Martha and George Washington were laid to rest, the tall man approached me, whispering the word empty... I nodded.
Other than bumps, and noises, that was the only time I knowingly shared and event with another person.
I have spent my whole life pushing it down, you are telling me to open up, I shall have to think on that.
Thank you, Frangelica
frangelica1 (40 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
msforgetmenott- really loved your story and you do have a wonderful way with words - definitely writer material!

All of us have psychic senses and sometimes one sense is stronger then the others (seeing, hearing, knowing, smell, feeling, etc). I have been taking classes in mediumship and exploring how I get messages and I had an interesting discussion with the medium that has been teaching our group. She indicates that actually hearing something said by a ghost would also be heard by anyone else that is with you at the time, but hearing in your head typically is one of your spirit guides, guardian angel or a loved one that has passed and only you will hear it, even if other people are with you at the time. I really do believe you were saved from harm by someone that watches over you.

If you take time to routinely meditate or learn to meditate (a lot of good meditations are on youtube like Lisa Beachy (she is one of my favs that does a lot with Archangels), you may find that you may start to hear more messages from your spirit guides or angel protectors. I tend to get mostly visual snapshots, knowing or feeling communications along with some smells and very occasionally hear messages. There are a lot of books out there that are very good if you would like to explore this more that I could recommend.

I am also an animal lover and understand your desire to hear from a departed pet. I had 3 full body after death visits of just one of my pets after she passed in a tragic accident. I tried so desperately to save her and was so distraught that I think she appeared just to let me know she was fine. I never had any other pets appear after death though I can feel them around me at times and multiple mediums indicate that they are around me. So I am sure your pets are around you, but you have to learn to be more observant and aware of everything around you! I started doing that and it is amazing what we miss because we do not pay attention.

It is a wonderful feeling knowing that we all have someone always watching out for us! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us all!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
msforgetmenott
I've had those instances where I get warnings in my head, and they have saved my life. But I also get thoughts from spirits in my head also. I can't explain it well except to say because of working in a machine shop years ago. I can't hear mumbles,whispers,etc. I also more than likely have Central Auditory Processing Disorder a hereditary thing my son has it and the best way to explain it is the inability to hear in certain loud environments. High pitchted sounds most people can't hear has me covering my ears. Weird huh?
As for your question did you know lightening smells. Yes I've smelled it, it is the ionization of the air that is left by the lightening.
Regards
Red
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Tweed and miracles,
I would say we covered this well. I may have heard the brain voice other times but at my age, some memories are lost, I know other memories have faded, so why not that.
Just to be clear, I feel I am only limited in comparison to much that I have read. I have heard though the normal way and seen, but it is infrequent.
I would so like to be visited by pets that have passed, but it has not happened, that I can know of. Dreams tend to leave me fast, so I may have missed much, and not known it. Funny too, as I remember dreams from many years ago.
Jan
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Miracles and Jan, just chiming in on the hearing with ears vs head here.

I've only experienced the head type voice a few times in my life. The first times were when I was very, very young and this was my guardian. As I recall it today, it seemed to happen frequently. But it was so long ago my memory may be tricking me on the frequency part.

Then nothing at all until my early 20's. This time with a woman who haunted our place. But she was a good haunt, and I think of her as somewhat of a guardian too. The day I heard her I was walking down the street and she asked if she could walk with me. The street was noisy and very busy but her voice was right up above any other volume.

A few times since then have woken me up but I don't know why or who it was.

Like Miracles I mostly hear ghost voices with my ears. But the few times it's been in my head it's like when you cup your ears and start talking. You hear your voice very loudly because your ears are cupped. It's just like that, but with someone elses voice and no cupping of ears. It's very strange. It's interesting that it seems to have happened with guardian type ghosts.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
It isn't that my husband is receptive, but has been made to deal with me when something happened. Not that often thank goodness.
I had an experience as a child on the school playground. My classmates really teased me and I had an unbearable year. I learned not to tell others at a young age, and for the most part, don't talk about it.
You have to understand, my life was different, my childhood not normal. Others had their mother, as I did not, I grew up fast. Quiet became an inner rule, and still is.
Yet I still have a need to learn, books become very repetitive after time, with the internet and this type of interaction, perhaps I will understand more, from people like yourself, hopefully.
I thought I had heard a sort of helpful spirit, but perhaps more of an earth spirit or guide. The sound was like an explosion within my head. Back in the 1960s, how is that explained! LOL Don't answer that!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
I wasn't sure at first if you meant the one that scared me. Yes, I heard him in my head all 3 times. I was awake the first time, another time he woke me up yelling in my head. The other time I can't remember but believe I was awake. Each time he yelled in my head, he repeated what he was saying 3 times.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
msforgetmenott - both actually, which leads me to wonder a whole lot of things. Why the difference? Is it because the ones I hear with my ears are ghosts, and the ones I hear in my head are guides, etc? I keep a journal, have for a very long time. When I get time this weekend, I'll read it (134 typed pages lol) and see if there is a noticeable distinction between how I hear them. I'll let you know what I find out. If your husband is receptive, maybe it would be therapeutic to share your experiences with him. Sometimes it helps telling someone who knows us. And sometimes we end up surprised to find out they've also experienced things and have kept it to themselves.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Greetings: Wish-Not, Tweed and Miracles
Thank you so very much for your encouragement and kindness.
I have quietly kept what I have, and plan to write about bottled up for too many years. Even my husband of 45 years knows of only a few events. Then only because he lived through them with me.
Did you hear with your brain and not your ears Miracles? The memory stays with me after all these many years. I was so frightened.
I wondered too if it was a type of guardian, but still have much to learn.
No I am not now and never will be a writer, but in reliving the moment feeling come to me and almost bring tears, those emotions from the past.
Thank you again, and my best to you,
Jan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
msforgetmenott - I second Tweed's comment about the voice. I have experienced a voice (same voice 3 different times) that scared the living crap out of me. And I frequently hear voices that are passing along information, participating in a discussion (just happened this week), and sometimes I don't know why I hear what I hear, but I do (did that make sense?)

Anyway, I've been taught that the voices are our spirit guides or deceased loved ones (ours or someone else's) giving us information. But as it normally is with being taught things, we (at least I) have a tendency to think other things. I've had information given to me about up and coming movies, an actor's daughter, just odd stuff like that. Not sure why, but I thank them anyway.

Like Wish-Not and Tweed, I am looking forward to your next submission (s).
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Msforgetmenott, oh my lord. I love the bizarre nature of this voice. I don't know how it happens but it's happened to me over the years, many others here too. But the growl voice is different, wow! I cannot wait to read your other stories.
In all seriousness if you're not an author already you damn well should be. This should be printed and bound. I'm not freakin kidding. You and wording are like tea and milk, made for each other.
*ahem* FAVES! ❤
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
msforgetmenott- I must say I do enjoy your stories. Thank you for sharing and look forward to your upcoming stories.

*Obviously your guardian IS watching over you 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: