You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Positive Spirit Board Experience... I Think?

Real Ghost Stories

A Positive Spirit Board Experience... I Think?

 

I'd like to come right out and say; I've heard all the bad stories about horrifying experiences with Ouija boards, the ones that are cautionary tales against using them. I think, however, that if you take proper precautions, there should be no harm in it. If something wants to get to you, it will find another way.

In any case, my husband's friend brought over his Spirit Board one day, and left it here. He's never asked for it back, so it just sat there for a while. I would pester my husband, asking if we could attempt it. He would write me off saying, "Sure, sure, we'll do it soon," and would forget about it. So, one very early morning, I decided to take action, and do it myself. Michael, my husband was at a friend's going away party, so I was on my own.

I had all my supplies in order; the blessed salt, the four candles, a paper and pen, the instruction booklet, and a calm frame of mind. I had refrained from looking at the spirit board, so I didn't try to force answers subconsciously, if you catch my drift. I have heard that you're supposed to conduct the interview outside, so you don't bring anything inside, but I was by myself, and I wanted to be in a place that felt safe to me. So I had it set up in my room, on the floor.

I used the blessed salt to draw a large circle around me on the floor, and lit the four candles for the North, South, East, and West, saying blessings the entire time, asking for a peaceful session, and that anyone with ill will was not invited. I placed the pads of my fingertips on the planchette, closed my eyes (again, I was trying not to psyche myself out, so I tried to only glance at it), and asked if there was anyone friendly who was willing to talk to me.

For the first 30 minutes or so, I got nothing. I would ask, and it would remain still. I moved the planchette around in a circle a few times, which I remember reading about doing, something about it generating energy? In any case, it didn't work, so I just sat there with my eyes closed, feeling a little sleepy. (It was close to 4:30 in the morning)

Finally, I asked again, thinking that if it didn't work this time, I would pack up. I had my pen and paper and recorded what was said. A spirit board is set up a little differently from a Ouija board, with more pictures and signs, etc. So, I asked "Is there anyone here with good intentions willing to talk?" and I got the answer "maybe." I asked them to identify themselves and I got "moon" followed by "West". I really thought maybe I was over thinking it, and doing it myself unconsciously, but, my fingers could not move that planchette across as fast as it did with my eyes closed.

The planchette stopped moving for a few minutes and so I returned it to the middle. I said, "Is someone here? I'd really like to know." and it moved to the letter "J", followed by the sign of Libra. My name begins with a J, and I am a Libra. So I asked if it was referring to me. It gave me these answers in swift order. "South. Water. Scorpio. 8. 6. H. Aquarius. 1. Taurus." I had my eyes open as it moved, and it was a very strange sensation, a bit dreamlike. My arms felt very strange, like my hands weren't attached.

I asked if it was my father in law, because I know that he still hangs around this area, since he died in his house next door. It gave me the South Node, which, I looked it up, can be an old fashioned symbol for "no". So I asked once more who they were and if they were here to help. I received "North. Listen. Angel. Mercury." I asked the same question and got "J. Earth. I". The planchette started moving very quickly around the board at this point without me asking anything. It went to the mercury symbol and I misinterpreted it as the Venus symbol. It went "Mercury symbol. Angel. The word Mercury. Look." I said "Are you here to help?" and it gave me the Angel symbol once more and would move between Look and Listen. "Help against what?" I asked, as the Angel symbol is interpreted as guardianship, or help. It gave me the Mercury sign once more. Then, and please keep in mind, I was thinking it was the Venus symbol instead of the Mercury, I asked something stupid. The Venus symbol can mean "Another woman". My husband had, well, we took a bit of a break, and he took up with someone for a while. Things are somewhat resolved between us, but this symbol brought me to ask "Is this about Mike and L?" And as soon as I asked that, the planchette zoomed over to the word Goodbye, and was silent.

I couldn't shake the fact that it seemed a bit frustrated with me. It repeated the words Look and Listen several times, along with the Mercury and Angel symbols. I really think that I contacted something. I was unfamiliar with the board, on purpose, and I had the strangest feeling that my hands were not my own at the time. The atmosphere the whole time was not threatening or malignant. It was very heavy and a bit strange, but I felt very calm the entire time. So, I'm posting this story in hopes that maybe other people can share their experiences, if it was like mine, or if it was indeed my subconscious somehow. Or even help maybe interpreting the messages I received.

Other hauntings by SnudtoQueast

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SnudtoQueast, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

zeynep (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-09)
Maybe she is a jinn coming from Mercur? (I don't believe ghosts, I saw a comment by muslim somewhere internet saying maybe ghots avaible too, but if I don't know wrong it is imposible for islam this think, maybe for miracly situations don't know but not for a person who sitting in the home with playing ouija board...
"North. Listen. Angel. Mercury." "J. Earth. I".

I sometimes read english sites with my poor english but writing first, it is so weird, don't know why:)
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
When I was 14 years old I had a ouija board I picked up at a second hand store. I have always attracted ghost and had psychic like feelings about things. For me the board became a like a portal to the dead in a odd way. I would see visions as I used the board. I once told my mother her brother, who was buried behind the house in a cemetery, was coming to the house to visit her. She listened to me and went along with the story I was telling her and when I told her he would be knocking on the back door, something did. She crawled under the kitchen table and wouldn't come out until I put the board away. I never went to the door either. She burned the board after that and it cried for a couple hours like someone was hurting it. I will never allow one in my home. It depends on the person using the board, as to how much you can really get from it. I have no doubt what so ever that anything could use that as a portal. Mostly evil... By the way the board took a long time to burn. I don't know what they are made of but it was very strange.
SnudtoQueast (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
So far there have been no repercussions, and it's been a few weeks now. I did it at the beginning of August. Before I used the board, there were strange things going on. Mike and I would see shadows outside, Mike's had the garage door close on him with no discernible breeze (its a heavy door too), he and I have both been woken from a sound sleep by someone calling our names very loudly and decisively, and knocking on the door at night. The only activity besides that that happened after I used the board was I had this very comforting voice say "Jillian, it's time to wake up." Very formal voice, but not harsh or anything, and I woke up in time to catch my sons' bus. (Was taking a nap).

One thing though, my husband says that it might be protecting me, however, he noticed that I used the words "what are you helping me against" as opposed to "what are you helping me with". Meaning perhaps that I instinctively asked if they were helping me in an aggressive way. And I have been awfully curious to try again, now that I know I misunderstood it, and sometimes feel my eyes drawn to it, and have asked my husband if we can try again. Who knows?
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Hello:

Yes, I've had an experience with a board pretty much like that. It was called a psychic circle... An ex boyfriend of mine bought... Oddly enough... From NC... As I'm from there myself...anyway, those very same symbols and such you wrote of were on the board. I never had too many negative experiences. Only once and it was because a friend in the group one night was carrying such negative energy... It was her evil side... So she claimed...weird, I know. Anyway, the first time I had a session with it with the group I had a horrible dream about the guy I was dating. Well, at the time I thought it was horrible. Oddly enough, part of that dream came true a few years later... I say part as my dream involved another person, but nothing I dreamed of that person in the dream came true... Just the ex. Other than the dream and the one evil spirit that quickly went away, the rest of the sessions were fine. I don't know what ever happened to that thing. I think I disposed of it.

Oddly enough also, the friends we first used the board with were Mike and his girlfriend's name began with a J. No, I'm not making this up. I'm pretty certain you are not the same individuals because as I stated, I had the board even after we broke up and I disposed of the board... I think...anyway, hope all is well. I do not use such boards anymore.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-11)
Hello SnudtoQueast, I think I have read the first interesting and positive mention about Ouija Board for a long time now. You are lucky. But, still, out of my own experiences, which were bad and my friends, who used the Board, it is bad. Another cardinal rule is that please never again use the Board alone. No, please don't do it again. You got away with it once. But it may not be the same once more. Inspite of our best precautions, we could open and expose ourselves to something, which we do not know, which may be malicious and harmful. But my sincere advise to you is please don't use it and if at all you use it with the precautions despite my suggestions, please don't ever use it alone.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: