You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouijia Board Questions

Real Ghost Stories

Ouijia Board Questions

 

A few nights ago, me and 4 of my friends did the Ouija. We told all spirits that it was a safe environment and we would not repeat anything said outside the 5 of us. For that reason, I will not go into too much detail of what happened, however, I feel I must tell you that we got a spirit who I believe was possibly a demon.

It claimed to be my friend's uncle, yet could not state a single fact about him when asked (eg how he died or his age). The spirit told my friend that he was in trouble and needed her help. At this point, we believed it was her uncle so asked how we could help. This spirit kept on saying "D D D D" then would stop and spell it again. I got suspicious and started to think that this was not her uncle so asked her to ask it some questions. This is when she asked personal questions e.g his birthday, how he died, where he died, and so on. But the spirit suddenly stopped answering and started going "D D D D" again.

The lights in my house then flickered twice and I told everyone to end the session. We then disposed of the board and went for a walk before returning to my house to watch a film. What does D D D D mean? Does anyone know?

I would also like to ask if you think I would be able to tell people about this part of the session? My auntie is very spiritual and I would like to be able to tell her about it but I am not sure if it would make the spirits angry?

One final question - My friends and I have tried the Ouija multiple times. My friend Beth always did the talking and started the sessions, however, nothing ever happened when she did it. She has never really been very spiritual. However, as soon as I tried starting it instead of her and I did all the talking, the board worked. Does this mean that I am able to communicate with spirits in a way which some others can't? I just found this unusual as although I have always believed in spirits and felt spiritual, I have never seen or contacted a ghost before (until that night).

Many thanks:)

- Obohlemon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Obohlemon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-17)
Well put rook, my interpretation is that it was probably because a lot of people back then were getting boards and messing with them without knowing what they were doing.

I know she was also very suspicious as boards were commonly used by fakers back then.
ShadowFire (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
I have worked with, manufactured my own boards and communicated with the dearly departed and non human spiritual entities for many years now, hopefully I can give you some advice of what you can do to protect yourself and your guests from Ouija Boards:

Just to clarify I am a full practicing witch that uses many techniques in regards to using Ouija boards and hope the information I am giving to you is helpful.

I read in you article that you are a teen ager which was about the time I first started using Ouija boards as well. I was a strange and unusual kid and my older sister was deeply into the occult world fascinated by the dearly departed which got me interested in it as well. If you don't mind I would love to cover the top 10 basics things with you involving Ouija Boards and what you should watch out for that I listed below:

(1) As a Witch I would preform a cleansing and smudging ceremony for myself and my guests before conducting an Ouija session. Some Witches also shield themselves from negative energy by creating a thought wave of energy that surrounds their body from harm. Lay people do not necessarily have to do a cleansing ritual or shielding their body before a session, but I strongly advise that all participants must be fully awake, of sound mind, alert, and without fear before the session starts. Also do a spot check in your house, to make sure there is no one sleeping in the area or intoxicated while you are conducting a session.

(2) Please understand that when a person uses or participate in an Ouija board, they are opening a portal to the Spiritual Realm of existence. Once you engage in this type of activity, be advised that your spiritual eyes will begin to open and you will be more receptive to the Supernatural world and these entities will be more attracted to you because of your desire to communicate with them. You may have dreams where the dead will approach you and try to communicate with you in this manner. Dreams are another way you can connect with the dearly departed as well, especially if you also engage in Ouija Sessions, Séances, or allow Channeling to occur during contacts with Spiritual Beings.

(3) Regardless if you are using the Ouija Board for entertainment or serious inquiry assume the responsibility of ending the session if someone becomes scarred, angry, spaced out or if you feel negative energy in the room. Let your gut instinct guide you that if something does not feel right end the session quickly, calmly and keep the mood light regardless of the circumstances that are around you.

(4) Before you begin your session make it perfectly clear that you are not inviting any malicious, malevolent or evil spirits to your area. Stay away from asking questions like: "Are there any Spirits around that want to talk to me/us?" instead concentrate the question in this way "Are there any Peaceful, Loving Spirits that mean no Harm that wishes to communicate with me/us". It is important to specifically state that you only want to talk to peaceful spirits, if there are evil spirits around they can use your non specific request to visit you since you didn't specifically ask for non violent spirits to visit you.

(5) In my personal experience and opinion when you use an Ouija Board it is in the same principle as a séance session. This is a controversial subject that many people have opinions on but for me I believe when you or your guests are moving the sliding window dial around you are channeling the spiritual entity through your hands. If you or any of your guests feel uncomfortable during the session, an unethical spirit maybe trying to attach itself on the person in question and maybe attempting to possess them in the process. Remember that Channeling a spirit is a voluntary temporary process that allows the spirit to have limited control of your body, voice, eyes, movement etc. Possession is when an unethical spiritual entity attempts to take control of your physical body without your consent.

(6) It's good to have a bell, or chime nearby in case you have to end the session quickly. Bells and chimes are very effective in breaking up negative energy and breaking off contact with negative energy immediately.

(7) Make sure your room or area is secure before conducting an Ouija Session, if an unsuspecting person were to walk in and their personal view or religious conviction is against this practice it can bring a flood of negative energy into the room that you will have to deal with as well as having to calm the person that walked in on you or your guests unexpectedly.

(8) This is another controversial subject but I want to let you decide for yourself. In my personal opinion when you use an Ouija board or attempt to contact a spiritual entity you maybe imposing on them during an inopportune time for them to respond to you. As a result they maybe delayed in responding to your request to contact them, well let us say that several hours later they are able to contact you, but it could be a bad time for you, maybe you are getting ready for bed or in the shower or just got some bad news from a friend, they may contact you at that moment. Remember a portal is not a one way street, if you think you have the right to disturb a spiritual entity from your side of the portal, the spiritual entity will feel it has the same right to disturb you from their side of the portal, so therefore it is a good ideal to set boundaries, ask politely for contact, and respect if a spirit wishes to be left alone at the moment.

(9) After your Ouija session is over remember to close your portal when you are done. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, you can simple say "Goodbye and thanks for the contact, I am closing this door of contact for now, until next time may we all leave in peace!" Think of happy thoughts, be grateful of the experience that you had and stay strong and in control of the wonderful person you are!

(10) My final advice is that having contact with the spiritual world takes a lot of responsibility, maturity, strength, courage and knowledge. I remember when I was a teen ager using my first Ouija board and the fun it was to reach out to the unknown for fun. Over the years though I realized the tremendous amount of responsibility a person should take when reaching out to the Spiritual realm, and if you are serious in reaching out to the spiritual world, do so with love in your heart, have good intentions and understand that although there is so much joy involved in a session, it takes a lot of work in order for your session to be successful and that everyone stay safe and protected while conducting your session.

I hope this advice helps and thanks for allowing me to address this serious subject with you my friend!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Your Grandmother's way of thinking...

"...she viewed the boards as something that amateurs use and keep getting themselves into trouble with."

Really seems to apply to the 'mass produced' GAME boards. Before this time, those who used boards, or other means of communication, had to create them and unless they were 'scamming' people great care would be taken to make them.

I have mentioned a very good friend of mine who's Family are 'Long Time', 'witches/mediums/seers'...let's just say it runs in the Family, they (she) had a Board that had been hand carved by her Great Grandmother... And it was explained to me that certain 'binding spells and protective barriers had been 'built into' its creation. Obviously this does not happen with the mass produced boards.

Respectfully,

Rook
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Thanks rook, that was a very interesting read.

One of my grandmothers was considered a prominent medium in her day. From what I understand she used a variety of objects to focus, particularly some metal candlesticks and some copper horn type things. She had a crystal ball but I gather it was a tongue in cheek gift from my dad.
From what I understand, she was very anti board. I don't know for sure (she died when I was very young) but I gather she viewed the boards as something that amateurs use and keep getting themselves into trouble with.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
2nd1st,

This link may help to answer your question (s)...

Http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/history.html

Throughout History there have been many different ways to communicate with the Spirit Realm... I am not sure if anyone can 'pinpoint' the exact time in the past that 'humans' began attempting to communicate with 'those who had gone before us' or other entities but if I had to hazard a guess it would close to the time we began to bury our dead... However that is just a guess.

Hope the link helps with your 'talking board' questions. Thanks for asking...

Respectfully,

Rook
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
This is more of a general question on this topic, but I suppose prompted by some of the comments.
How exactly do the boards work? I understand that they originated as a pranking game produced by a now major board game production company.

In terms of actual other side contacting capability, I would presume that the board and pointer serve as a point of focus (but with the addition of handy spelling apparatus), much like a crystal, candle, artefact etc does in other approaches? I guess what I'm asking is this- is there any actual difference in using a board as opposed to any other object to focus on other than having letters to point to?
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Wish-not I was thinking the same thing... The spirit probably was stuttering... I am pretty sure the way a spirit is in life they are in death.
Tay26 (1 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-14)
It is wrong to mess with those boards. Don't do it again in a young adult and I've heard a lot of people say more demonds come through those then spirits
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
Obohlemon,

Welcome to Y.G.S. The thing about the Ouija Board is that when there are too many fingers on the planchette someone inevitably pushes it to where they want it to go. OR they are thinking of another question and it confuses the spirit.

The most important things are you shield yourself, and when you close a session you push the planchette to good bye to close the session.

I won't go into why I don't use the O.B. But I have found other "tools" that I would rather use.

Regards
Red
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
Obohlemon

First off welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing.
Ask anything you like as there is no such thing as a bad question
IMO.

I personally don't think you were talking to a demon for 2 reasons.
First, interaction with a true demon is extremely rare.
Second, if it had been a true demon I'm inclined to think it could have answered any question you ask it about your friend's uncle.

As for the OB itself.
In my opinion the OB is a piece of cardboard and plastic.
To me it's no different than asking the exact same questions without the physical board. It is the belief in the board that gives it it's power and thus makes people "believe" the board is either evil or good. Just like there is a great amount of evidence that people who believe in and are open to the paranormal are more likely to have a paranormal experience.

Just like Miracles, even though many people say "don't try and EVP's in your own home, I have recorded voices in my home and
NOTHING bad has ever happened to me over many years of living here and my own Father even passed away in my present home as it used to be my parents home.

So many times I think you can get what you "expect"

I can only base this upon what I have seen for myself.
Being a logical thinker it has always strikes me as odd when some will say don't use an OB and then turn right around and try to reach the spirit world through another method. The OB is nothing other than a "tool" to try and communicate with another dimension that we can not normally sense with our 5 natural 3D senses.

I'm sure there are many that will disagree with my assessment
But that just my humble take on it.

Whatever your intentions and tools that you may use just be aware that communication with the spirit world is not TV stuff. It's not about "thrills and chills" as it is very real and can have very real consequences. So please educate yourself about what your attempting and proceed with caution.

Have a great day
Randy
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
Miracles, Thanks for your response on the ouija board fear issue. That is kind of what I was thinking a lot of it might be. I definitely like the dog analogy as well.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Miracles that's a great analogy about being bitten by a dog, I really like that. When I first joined I wasn't sure if I should say anything about my man's ouija board collection. I always feel like a hypocrite when I caution against them. Because I don't fear them myself. A few teenage mishaps have made me wiser and more respectful of them, but overall I feel it's a bit blown out of proportion too.

I almost told Obohlemon to 'get it out of your system and put it down to experience' because I don't think teens listen anyway! 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Obohlemon, Val has given you sage advice on the matter, please listen to her.

You asked why this happened when you started the session. I don't believe it matters who leads the session. When people don't know what they're doing OB sessions can leave anyone haunted, regardless of their beliefs.

Any OB related submission ends up hilarious because we've all been there done that. Warnings usually get ignored by an OP so have a click around, there's loads of OB tales of woe to learn from.

One of the best summations of the OB I've ever heard was from an unlikely source, chat show host Alan Carr. Who, upon relaying he was 'outed' as gay by a ghost to Derren Brown, one of the UK's biggest skeptics, retorted, take it away Alan Carr:
"That sh! T is real!"

Yeup, it sure is.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
DandK - a few years ago, on this site, it seemed as if once an established member spoke up against something, others followed suit. I don't know that it mattered whether or not it was based on personal experience, or just what people have heard, seen, etc. And I also don't know whether or not our members were afraid to speak up and disagree with an established member.

Anyway, there are people who have never had a bad experience with a Ouija board. And there are people who believe they have, even though some of it could be them making nothing into something. And there are those who have had legitimate, bad experiences.

I do EVP sessions in my home. You would not believe how many times I have heard NEVER DO EVP IN YOUR OWN HOME. Essentially the same thing.

Personally, I think it's like dogs. One person is bitten by a dog, then that breed is branded as dangerous even though other people have raised that same breed of dog and never had anything like that happen.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
DandK: the difference is that an EVP recorder would help to make contact with a spirit already present in a place, whilst a Ouija board would open a portal that anyone can use.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Obohlemon- I am going to forgo all the no no's that a lot will be sharing and over up a suggestion on the DDD'S.

Now this is a looooong stretch but how about a spirit with a "speech impediment"? 😆

Maybe they were just really, really nervous. Granted it wasn't a large group of people but some have issues talking in groups.

Just a thought. Maybe
😁
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Sorry, but I still don't see why one would warn against using a Ouija board, but not an EVP recorder or any other technique used to 'talk' to an entity. Common sense and logic here (and life in general) need to prevail.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
D-on't
D-o
D-is,
D-ude? 😐

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
Obohlemon,
I'm afraid without details our advise might fall short of the mark, although I can understand why you feel you must withhold them.
The going to DDDD: well it might have some meaning, it may not; it depends on HOW the planchette kept traveling to the D. Did it simply back up and hit the D again? Travel in a circle or another pattern? Spirits are notoriously bad spellers and often use shortened words. DDDD could mean DeeDee, and a repeat of the name. It could also be just messing with you.
You are going to get tons of replies telling you why it's wrong to mess with the Ouija, and how easily you can be fooled by the other side. Honestly, in a neophyte's hands it IS very dangerous. I would by all means have a chat with your Auntie. Remember when you were a little kid and were warned about stranger - danger, and how some secrets are bad? This is one of those times. Be totally honest with your Auntie.
As to why the board reacted to you and not your friend, it could be you are more sensitive, or a bit more open. It also means that without proper knowledge of what you are doing, you're an easier target for oppression, or to have something attached to you. On the other hand, I get the feeling you're a teenage girl so it could just be related to your hormones. It's more prevalent in girls than boys of that age group.
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
You should never play with it as you're playing with fire. Yes you should tell everyone about it and I'd find a paranormal investigator and ask help on this. You opened a door/portal
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
If you feel the need to caution the o/p, please refrain from yelling, criticizing, etc. There are so many other ways to gt your point across. And as I have learned being a parent, when you raise your voice (this applies to onscreen as well), teens tend to shut you out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: