You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Daughter's Doggie

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter's Doggie

 

Thanks you for reading my story. If anyone has similar experiences, please comment below! My daughter is almost 3 years old. We live in a ground floor apartment, which we have been renting for almost 2 years. The building was built about 6 years ago, so I don't know much about previous tenants in my apartment.

I have always been able to "feel" spirits. I have had a few ghostly experiences which I will share in another story, but this one is the most recent. I have not felt anything in my home. I have always felt a safe vibe in this place. I have lived in many houses that did not have this good feeling.

For the last few months, my daughter will suddenly point at nothing and shout excitedly (She LOVES animals! She gets extremely excited to see them, and will only ever watch any cartoons if there are animals in the story haha) "Mommy, look at the doggie!" She does it all the time, in different areas of our apartment. Or she will come running to me, saying "Mommy, the doggie! The doggie! He's running!" As if she is being chased! She has never been scared of the doggie, just very excited to see it.

When I was 2 years old, my parents bought me a puppy. We were extremely close and he stayed with me for 18 years of my life. I finally had to put him to sleep when he was 18 years old, he couldn't eat anymore and was in pain. I was shattered to lose him! I have always wished that he would come back to me in spirit and stay close to me forever. I so hope that this is my dog coming to meet my little girl. What do you guys think? How weird is this!

Other hauntings by beautifuleden

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautifuleden, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aarushi (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-23)
howw cute is dat...! I wish I was able to see, feel or spirits around me...
alb15 (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
ive had an experiance of this I still remember it cleary. I have always been outside when I was younger but 1 day I saw this german shepard running to me I had a german shepard when I was 4 but I had to put him down can any one tell me what I'm seeing
AmyLeanne (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
I have had something similar but with a cat. I was 6 and my cat had passed away about 2 months before I started seeing my cat Sammie, I had 2 other cats one that passed before Sammie and Peeps who was still alive. I loved Sammie to peices and has a special bond with her and not as close of a bond with the other 2, and I saw her ALOT, but my mum would constantly say its your imagionation, it's not real, it's all in your head, which was quite discouraging, because I knew Sammie (dead sammie) was real because she would react to me and come to me when I was upset, although she wouldn't make any sound she would always be there until my mum one day had a go at me for being so stupid because apparently it was all in my head and I needed to stop being dillusional after that I never saw Sammie again, I wish I did and I do partly (secretly) blame my mum for me never seeing her again.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I think it is touching and made my eyes well up a littl. It is great to know the loyalty of our pets even after they pass over.

Blessed Be❤
MidnightRush (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I believe it may be your dog. 😊

I agree if she is too young, wait a little while longer and ask her again when she can tell you. 😊

Hope you're well!

MidnightRush: Ella ❤
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Hey all, I have asked Eden to describe the doggie, as he was "chasing" her again yesterday lol... I think she is still too young though, I couldn't really get much out of her. She did however, bring me the framed photo of my dog, that stands on our bookshelf, and said "mommy, doggie!" she has never taken notice of that photo before, so it just seemed a little strange... ❤
airstream (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
As a huge dog lover, I adore this story. I do believe that our precious animals do come to see us when they pass. I had a cocker spaniel that lived to be 20! He has come to me twice In dreams to let me know he is happy where he is. It is possible he is making himself known to her because she loves animals the way she does. I agree with the others that you should ask her to describe him.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
beautifuleden, This is a very sweet story, and I am really interested to find out if it is the spirit of your dog. Wow 18? Your dog was definitely loved and well taken care of. Please keep us posted. Thanks 😊
Grav3yardGhosts (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Your daughter really does sound adorable:) and maybe it really is your dog that came to meet her, maybe it's not, but you could always try taking a few photos to try and see the dog:)
endangeredbutterfly99 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
i agree this is so sweet this site is so wonderful I love it. Yes this is a wonderful site sorry couldn't think of anything else to say ❤
endangeredbutterfly99 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
yes most likely it is the dog. My moms dog came back I just thought it was my imagination but it wasnt. I'm new to the sight and I may just be 12 but I have had a lot of expieriences with ghost
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
I have to agree with Nini and Isandhu. My first thought was an imaginary friend. My son is 3 and a half and has lots of imaginary friends. Some of them animals.
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
I am sorry to here about your dog 18 years is a pretty good age! I think it's sweet to think that he came back to visit you. But maybe your little girl just has a really active imagination. Like armychick2012 said ask her what he looks like and see if it matches your dog.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
I suppose it could be that she has a very active imagination and has conjured herself an imaginary dog friend. I agree with others you could try to get a description from her of the dog to see if it matches the description of your beloved pet. I think this would be more reliable than getting her to look at a photo given her young age. She might well say that's the very dog wanting to please you even if it bears no resemblance to the dog she is seeing (or the one in her head). An alternative might be to show her photos of a few different breeds, including yours (a line up, of sorts), and see if she can pick him out. Then again, you can choose to believe it is your beloved pet still visiting you, proof be damned.
beautifuleden (2 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Thank you! I will definitely pull out a photo and see what happens! Maybe i'm lucky! Will let you folks know xx 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Hi Beautifuleden, that's a nice story and thanks for sharing. You can take the suggestions of the other posters and either you can show the photo of the dog you were having or ask your kid to tell you how the doggie looks like. I also know that the spirit of a dog could come back to the loved ones or master. I also hope that it is your dog. Because you and the dog were so close to each other, even after the death, the dog wants to be with you and play with your kid. A nice relationship indeed. If there is any further information, keep us posted.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
MidnightRush (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
First off, your daughter sounds so adorable. Haha.

If you have a photo of this dog, even if it is an old one, show her the photograph and ask her if this is the "doggie" she is seeing! 😊 This way she might be able to tell you if that is the dog she sees!

Who knows, with luck it may even be! Good luck and please tell us if you do find out if it is your dog or not! 😊

MidnightRush: Ella 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
Beautifuleden, that is so sweet. It is wonderful to hear that a child can see a spirit, and not be scared of it... That is a great start, for any child. I hope all your daughters experiences will be as exciting.
Armychick makes a good suggestion, ask your little one to tell you what the doggie looks like... It may be a match, to your childhood friend.

Thank you for sharing your heart-warming tale.
armychick2012 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-12)
I agree that dogs can come back in visit. I lost my Tyson almost a year ago and I still tear up when I think about him sometimes. He visited me in a dream to let me know he was ok where ever he is. It gave me a sense of peace to know that he was happy. I would say be lucky that your daughter gets to see this dog whether it is your old dog or not. Maybe you could ask her to describe what he/she looks like to see if it matches how your dog looked.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: