You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Call From Other Side

Real Ghost Stories

Call From Other Side

 

This happened with me. I had childhood friend Shine. We studied until 8th grade in same school and then she shifted to another school. Life moved on. We used to keep in touch through phone for sometime and then I left for India for my graduation and we used to write letters, which also died down slowly. After marriage I came back to UAE and then again I got in touch with her. Then for few years there wasn't any calls and then after some years of gap she called me to my landline and we started talking again. Then while talking we used to talk about school days crush and all.

Her mom is a nurse in a hospital and every time so most of the time she is alone in home. So while talking we thought it's been years we haven't met so let's meet. So we planned to meet. Since my parents stay in the same city as her, I said "I'll travel and meet you." So on weekend my hubby dropped me at my parents' home and the next day we were supposed to meet. So in order to reconfirm and to ask her where her house is I called her up (land line only). It's her mom who took the line... Here is the following conversation.

"Hi, can I talk to Shine please?" There was silence and she (friend's mom) handed over the phone to someone else.

"Hi, I am Shine's friend. Can I talk to her?" Now the receiver is taken by my friend's younger sister. She was silent and then said Shine passed away 3 days ego.

I was really shocked and asked her what happened to her and how did it happen? She said Shine was in coma for 3 months and she was in hospital only and she passed away 3 days ego. I passed on my condolence and said I am so sorry to hear this and I don't remember what I spoke to her.

At this time I was making tea for my dad and my hands started shaking and then I just sat down in the kitchen near the kitchen cabinet. I was thinking if she was in coma how did she ever call me and all? This made no sense I was so scared so scared that I didn't call again nor did I went to meet her sis or mom.

My dad seeing my face was asking me what happened. I told him whatever happened. My dad is someone who does not believe in paranormal stuffs and like that, so he brushed aside and said may be your friend committed suicide and to coverup that they are saying she was in coma and passed away so don't get scared and all, as I was very shaky and crying.

Although I thought about what my dad had told me, at least at that time it made me ok but what I never understood is she started calling me suddenly after many years and it was for these 3 months only and we used to talk about school stuffs things like that.

I honestly believe since she was my best friend she tried to talk to me but while talking she was happy talking to me.

Other hauntings by Gayatrishiva

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gayatrishiva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-15)
hi Gayatrishiva! Really a interesting story. May be she want to speak to you before she leaves this earth. When she was in comma or unconscious state, hers spirit tried to converse with you. This is my opinion only.

With Respect,

Arunbabu jack [at] Hunterjack
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
Hey lonestar that's really an touching incident. Sometimes I guess it does happen that way
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-08)
Hi lonestar that's touching incident and iam glad that dead is not the end...
lonestar2680 (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
Pjod,

Just my 2 cents:
A short while after my father in law passed away, my mother in law started experiencing issues with certain shared amenities and since these were affecting other households too, a complaint was made to the local municipality by the others. Now she was alone and did not have much local support and feared the local residents would prevail with their complaint forcing her to pay thousands to fix the issue, which, she could not afford. On the municipality visit day, from out of no where comes an old family known plumber that none of us have seen for many years and he goes directly to my mother in law's house telling her that her husband called him up an hour ago on his mobile and asked him to go and help her with the situation which he got fixed real quick. He was shocked to hear that her husband had already passed away. When they looked back on the answered calls on his mobile, the last registered call to or from that phone had been only the previous night which was strange. The call was short but crystal clear enough for a gone long acquaintance to recognize and immediately respond to and he didn't charge her a dime for his services. Guess my father in law was still looking after her.
kyro_kenny23 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-03)
wow yu took my reation I would hav been scared to but I wouldn't have cried lol but yeah
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-21)
Gayatrishiva, another moving account of friendship. I could really understand how you must have felt when you telephoned her house. Your dad was trying to put you in comfort so that you won't be scared. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Hi Billyak I never thought from that prosective but as you said anything is possible... Thanks everyone for your comments:)
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Wow that was very touching tale of friendship. I feel while in coma Shine was dreaming (I assume as no one knows what a person does in coma) about the beutiful days that you two had spend together at school. And since you are best of friends you would have had a mental link. It sometimes happens. When you understand a person too well then you don't have to talk to convey your thoughts.

I feel sorry for your loss. May her soul rest in peace. Nice story. Cheers.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
shellzy,

I think during coma stage spirit can do astral travel and they are mostly in astral world only and somehow they are not able to reclaim their body ir to enter their own body this is what I believe...
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Hi friends I did call my other friend who informed me that she was in fact in coma stage as she stays in the same building as my friend.

The only thing I noticed during conversation was that she was only talking about our school days and when I used to ask her when you getting married and all she just brushed off those questions. She was talking about one guy whom she fell in love during school days which her mom came to know of. That guy was salesman in a shop and her mom didn't like the relationship and went and scolded that guy and told him not to talk with her daughter which ended the relationship but she was hurt and she was talking to about this. While in conversation she was asking me don't you watch tv I said no I don't usually then she said then your hubby must be much older to you which was in fact true. I asked her for her mobile no. To call her to which she said don't worry I'll only call you and her call came from her land line only. I tried to call once to the same no but nobody picked up so I thought nobody at home. At this time she used to call me once in 4 days and something I never felt any interference in telephone line its just only she was calling me and she didn't give me her mobile no. She gave rather lame excuse like she doent have mobile no. (which I felt was strange but didn't take it serious though).

Thanks for all the posts and as for funeral service they had it already and since she was muslim it was done faster and here in UAE itself.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Wow. I do think that your father's theory is very plausible, however, I am inclined to think that your friend might try to seek you out while in a coma. Thank you for sharing and I hope you get answers soon.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Just out of curiosity... Did they have a funeral service or memorial service and if so, did you attend? Or had they already had that? But this does bring up an interesting subject about when our spirit does leave us. I too, with rookdygin, believe that our spirit leaves us when the body deceases.

Sorry for your loss, zeta.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
Gayatrishiva: I agree with Pjod, and your Dad... It is possible that she was hospitalized, but maybe not for a physical illness... You stated that her Mom was a nurse, so keeping a person's medical history away from the public isn't something she'd be a stranger to...

However, I'm curious about the interference, too...
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
"Calls from the other side"
Most documented cases of such, the communication is brief. A few words or sentences are said by a loved one who recently passed away. Many experience static through the line- did you notice any "interference" during the call? Unusual to have such a detailed conversation over "school days" and such, but I suppose anything is possible. Your dad had a very good theory... I've lost a couple friends when they were young, and the family changed the details of their demise to an illness "out of their control"...
Sorry for the loss of your friend, though- very interesting experience.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-09-14)
I believe your friend may have been trying to 'comfort' herself before her physical body 'passed'. For some reason she didn't reach out to her Family but to you during the time she was in a coma. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Shellzy,

You ask an interesting question. It's my opinion that our 'spirit' is attached to our physical body until the physical body dies. Of course that is only my opinion, I have no 'proof'. Our spirit is joined to our 'body' at the moment of conception and that 'link' is not severed until the physical body 'dies'.

Respectfully,

Rook
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-13)
Gayatrishiva

Very interesting story. For me this begs that question again that if you are in a coma does your spirit still stay with your body or does your spirit pass on leaving the body behind? Perhaps it depends on the cicumstances of the individual, still an interesting thought...

Thanks for sharing

😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: