You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Heavy Breathing

Real Ghost Stories

Heavy Breathing

 

This happened in Pondicherry, India. I was on vacation 4 years ago to my in-laws place. From my mother-in-law's place I went to my sister-in-law's place as she had college-going kids and we all chit chat and spend time late night. On this particular day, as usual we all were talking, maybe not much late but until 11 pm and we all slept in the same room.

Maybe in the middle of the night, I didn't see the time, I heard some heavy breathing near me. First I thought it was my own breath but then I noticed the breathing was still there as I was awake. Now a small night light was on so I wasn't scared. Then I got up and sat but still I could hear that heavy breathing and then the breathing sound increased and I could sense it. It was just in front of me for sure. Then I thought may be it's the dog which is hyperventilating, so I opened the window and saw outside but the dog was sleeping and there wasn't any street dog or something like that. Then I closed the window.

By this time the breathing had increased too much but it was not growling only very heavy breathing. I could in fact feel the breath touching my skin. This is when I got a bit scared and immediately all I could remember was Jesus (although I am not Christian but have great love and reverence for Jesus, Buddha and all Hindu Gods/Goddesses). I imagined white light coming from his hand and engulfing me fully and protecting me and I also prayed that this light protect me from anything that is evil/negative.

As soon I did this, the breathing had increased immensely and at this moment I felt something tried to jump on me like a pounce and I felt it on my hands, cold air but somehow it could not and it tried two more times and when it was trying to pounce the breathing was very, very heavy and like angry one. I also thought since it was pouncing I remembered we had a dog who passed away due to old age in the same home. At that time I thought may be it's her, so I was not much scared but told whatever it was, "Hey, Moni. (It's the dog's name.) I know it's you." Since I thought it was the dog I did not panic or get scared. But after that thinking back now I wonder if that is the dog (the dog it stayed in my in-laws' house and I get to see it whenever I go on vacation) or something else?

I told my mom about this. She feels that might not be a dog and she told me after a long time as she was worried that I might panic and get scared.

I too wonder if the dog could do that heavy breathing? If it was a spirit or ghost, I wonder what it wanted with me.

I had my sister-in-law and her 2 teenagers were also sleeping in the same room but they didn't feel anything, and I did not wake them up or disturb them either when this incident happened.

But I would like to hear from you all what you guys think of this. I am also wondering if that could be some black magic thing?

Other hauntings by Gayatrishiva

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gayatrishiva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sathishwaran1398 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
I do appreciate your open minded thinking ability in terms of religions.
Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-05)
Once I had experience like this, as someone breathing and I am clearly hear the sound as it's 3 am and I was sitting in meditation. No idea what it was
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Thanks Nikki,sds,mannerism and drkeep for your comment. I guess right now I couldnot post my story as its closed for time being. Yes Nikki may be black magic is different I guess you are right in that.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
Gayatrishiva, nice description. As Javelina said our gut feeling would lead to correct and most probably the first conclusion. I don't think that it meant to hurt you.

Thanks for sharing your story and as promised write other experiences also.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
I'm with Jav on this one, especially because it never tried to hurt you only to sit there an pant, I would say nothing to worry about. You just have someone looking out for you is all 😊

Blessed Be ❤
DrKreep (5 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
I think it must be an angry spirit. May be a deamon or something. Not sure & by the way thanks for sharing your story:)
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Creepy! You did not feel that whatever it was harmful, so it can be the dog. And black magic stuffs are worst and different than the breathing I guess. Looking forward for next posts😁.

~Nikky❤
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Thank You Amit 😁 Nice reading your story! I think this fear stuff joppardises everything and If one stays upfront its always good.I'll also post other story one regarding my brother who have passed away and when I asked if he is happy he proved he is happy by turning the radio on... I had another experience with my childhood school friend I suddenly got her calls and we were talking as usual and we planned to meet up and when I went I got shock of my life that she is in coma and has passed away 3 days ego.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Jav - Nail on the head as usual.

Gayatrishiva - With a name like that, you need not fear anything at all! 😊
As long as your self belief is good, nothing can impact you much.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
hi jav,

Thank you for the reply. May be you are right its usually said what you feel in the first place is the right one... Yep you are right about me getting fear after talking to my mom.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Gayatrishiva,
When you decided it was the dog, you felt no fear and you were satisfied with that conclusion, correct? Then after reporting the incident to your mother, you started to question yourself. We are all guilty of this at one time or another. However, I believe you should always listen to that gut feeling, that feeling you got that led you to your first conclusion. Those are usually the right ones in cases like this. Trust yourself, you had no fear then, why start now? ❤
Thank you for sharing!

Jav 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: