You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Ghost Call

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Ghost Call

 

I am a university student. I usually travel through the local bus. One evening I missed my bus due to my project work and I decided to call my brother so he could pick me up from my university. When I tried to call him I realized that I had no credit to make that call. I borrowed the smartphone of my friend and dialed his number. Before I could hear any dial tune, I heard someone mumbling and crying in low voice. I got scared of what was happening and, in a state of confusion, I said: "Hello"?

There was no reply from the other side then I suddenly checked if I dialed the correct number and yes, it was my brother's number! I slowly moved the phone toward my ear and it was the moment of shock when I heard normal dial tune on the other side.

My brother didn't pick up my call so I texted him from my friend's phone and after a few minutes he picked me up from university. I didn't tell anyone about it because I thought it could be a signal distortion or might be a technical problem with my friend's phone.

After this incident, I enjoyed a great weekend with my family and kind of forgot about it, and on Monday I went to university again.

Everything was normal and I wasn't thinking about any disturbing thing. When it was the off timing, I saw heavy rain outside which meant I couldn't take the bus because the bus stop was 2 streets away. I knew that if I'll take the bus I would get wet in the rain.

The extreme weather was annoying me, so I decided to call my brother. I was normal and wasn't thinking about the past incident and this time I had enough credit to call him from my own phone. I made the call and again, before hearing any dial tune, I heard a clear and loud scream of a woman. The scream wasn't a threatening scream like a ghost scream to scare you. It was a scream clear, loud and full of pain and cries.

My whole body got paralyzed by fear. This time I didn't move the phone away from my ear. There was silence after that scream and a few seconds later I heard normal dial tune coming from the phone. My hands were shaking and meanwhile, my brother picked up my call but I wasn't able to speak anything out of fear. He asked me "what happened"? Instead of answering him, I hung up the phone. I was shaking because that scream was horrible and I do not want to hear anything like that again.

After a few minutes I felt normal so instead of calling, I simply texted him. When he arrived I asked him if he had heard anything strange when I called him. He simply said, "No, why are you asking"? I explained what was happened to me.

He laughed and said, "It could be in my your head, chill. It was nothing." I know he wanted me to forget about the incident but I was too scared to forget anything and the main reason was this. I used two different phones and both times I called my brother and I got two different responses, which gave me goosebumps.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zarfishan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

omerblink (5 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-07-27)
Zarfishan this could be these new dial tones things which people applying on their calls. I heard so many funny dial tones so I'm sure there will be horror dial tones as well. 🤔
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-01-23)
That IS very strange and scary! 😨 Pay attention to the area you were in when it happened. Hopefully it was nothing to be concerned about. Thank you for sharing, please let us know if anything more happens to you on the phone like that.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
It happened to me before. Seems like a technical problem - telcomm issues. Usually happens when there's a weather disturbance wherein cables, phone lines, signals were being disrupted. But, I do not invalid your claim that this might be a paranormal experience.
I guess all you can do is observe. Does it happen when there's no weather disturbance? Is there anyone you know who experienced the same? Try to make a call if another extreme weather occurred and see if a suspected "ghostly" happens again.

Cheers!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-08)
Were you physically in the same place when you made both calls? Or even close? If so, it could be something tied to that area - perhaps something tragic happened there.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-01-06)
I honestly cannot give you any explanation to this event. It could even have a technical reason involving the crossover of other phone lines - but I do not know. I do know that I have personally experienced "ghostly" phone calls from people who flat out deny that they made the call. Maybe your experience was paranormal. If so, chalk it up to experience and keep your "ears" open for any further, similar occurrences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: