You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hovering Face

Real Ghost Stories

Hovering Face

 

I have never experienced any kind of supernatural or paranormal experience before, except this one time...

When I was 21 (I'm 30 now), I lived in my parents house with my 3 brothers. My room was in a kind of basement down stairs. We lived in Melbourne in the suburbs. There is no history or anything special with this house I don't think. No one I know, including family and friends have ever experienced any ghosts or even heard of anyone they knew experiencing anything like the paranormal. This story is real, I swear it.

I was in my room sitting on the side of my bed which was against the wall in a corner of my room. It was about 10:30 pm. The light was dimmed down in my room and I was looking down at my hands while I was rolling a cigarette. I finished and put the cigarette in my mouth and I swear to God, I looked up and saw a greenish face that was blurred, hovering right in front of me about 2 meters away. I jumped right out of my skin, yelled and jumped right to the corner of the wall while on my bed. I stared at the face, with such an intense fear that I have never felt before. I was scared to death. Then the face just vanished. I ran up the stairs and woke my parents up and told them what I had seen. They didn't know what to make of it. I've never seen anything like that since.

The only thing I can think of was my Grandma died about 3 days prior and I remember a few years back when I was on holiday. I was staying at her house and we had a massive fight and she hit me, I stormed out of the house and never went back there. I never really talked to her since and if I did we never talked about the serious emotional fight we had. I'm one of those grand-kids that selfishly hardly ever speaks to their grand-parents. My Mum always told me she felt terrible about what had happened and the fight really affected her. So MAYBE it was my Grandma coming to me for whatever reason, to say sorry or whatever and because I was scared, she just left. WHO KNOWS...

I still live in the house. By myself now and I pay rent to my parents who live elsewhere. I might have been thinking about her and her death at the time but I can't be certain.

I also want to say, that I think about that evening some times and I so wish I had acted differently, instead of crapping my pants with fear. I have always wanted to see a ghost or an alien or whatever. But I had such an intense indescribable fear that I have never experienced before and I feel that's what made the face disappear. It wasn't even threatening at all but it turns out that I'm a bloody chicken. Maybe if I could have prepared myself for it I would have been fine. I hope it happens again someday.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dashmasha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
I wouldn't feel to bad about the way you reacted it is perfectly normal to be startled and frightened when something like this happens and we are not expecting it, your body went straight into fight or flight mode.

I am in 2 minds as to what it is you had seen that day but I feel that if it was your grandmother she would have given you some other sign, instead of partially manifesting in front of you, it may have been something that was just passing through. Have you experienced anything else paranormal within your home? Thanks for sharing.

Dan
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Hi and interesting story about the green face. Can't say I have heard of a green face before so this is intriguing. Did you have a TV on or anything like that... Computer screen, etc?

I would also like to say that I don't think it was your grandma coming back to you. I think if she came back she would not want to frighten you in that way. I would also like to tell you to not feel guilty about the last fight with your grandma. I think most people can say that they wish they would have done things differently when they lose a loved one. I'm sure your grandma wishes that she could take that back also. IF you and your grandma loved eachother throughout life, the love is still there; regardless of the fight you had. I suggest that you find a quiet place, maybe somewhere that would be meaningful to you and your grandma, and talk to her. Tell her how you feel. She will hear you and who knows, you may even get an answer or sign.

Good luck to you, zeta.
dashmasha (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Oh yeah, If I had to guess the face looked like it was from a person that was not old, but about 44, 50 or 55. Not 85 years old like my Grandma.
dashmasha (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
The face. Well it had features like eyes, a nose and a mouth. But it was incredibly blurry. It didn't actually look like anyone I know, but if I had to connect it to anything in my life at that moment or from the past, it would have to be my Grandmother who died and never got over the fight we had. I didn't mention this next thing in the post, but thinking about it, it was almost as if the apparition was trying to get through from some different dimension or whatever. Anyway I'm just thinking out loud about that last bit. The face wasn't angry or happy either, it looked as calm as a Buddhist in a bathrobe.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
can you better describe the face, other than green?
Old, young, wrinkled- features?
vstoljockey (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
it is not neccesary she is your grandmother in hindu religion we believe that spirits are roaming everywhere who died before there stipulated time of death
So by chance somepeople able to see them
Dont worry just relax they don't able to harm you unless you looss your self be strong
JayGamer (31 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Hi thanks for sharing, well if your grandmother visited you then I don't know the reason for her face to be green but as you said it had been 3 days since she died then maybe it could've been her coming to say sorry about that fight.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: