You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Eyed Man

Real Ghost Stories

Black Eyed Man

 

I have just joined and have a lot of stories to share; some are not so long, so some of my posts will have a couple of stories just to meet the required 1500 characters.

I was standing behind the counter in the spiritual bookstore I worked in for eight years some years ago. The counter faced the entrance to the store, with a few steps leading up from street level.

It was a rather busy time of the day, so we were three clerks behind the counter. Suddenly I noticed a man coming up the stairs, casually dressed, walking normally, looking down in front of him. When he reached the top of the stairs, 8 feet from where I was standing, he lifted his face and looked at me - and I stared into the blackest blackness in his eyes. I didn't just get chills, my heart skipped a beat. I felt as if the air was knocked out of me and I turned my back to him, but in that same moment, I was sure that he would jump the counter and go for my throat, either with his hands or his teeth, so I ran out from behind the counter, right through the store and up into the back office where I stayed for a long time, until I was sure he'd left.

It was really a strong feeling, I'm positive I wouldn't be here today, if I hadn't ran away. I don't know why, but that man or whatever he was, was out to get me. Luckily, I haven't encountered other black eyed beings since then.

Having read through some of the stories here, I can see that it's common that it's kids that have black eyes, but this was a fully grown man. He didn't get to talk to me, but the feelings described by those who have seen the kids, are pretty much the same as mine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannX68, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Letum (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
Hello DannX68... I agree that was a creepy experience, and I too am glad you followed your instincts to vacate the space that this *man* was entering. I too have been told of children, in my case, a little girl who was born with black eyes. Her own relatives got the creeps being around her even as a baby. I'm told this child would rarely cry but would just stare at people. No one would babysit this child. I don't know what happened to her or her family as this was told to me by someone who knew the family, its been many years since. Eyes are the most interesting facial feature, it says many things as well as hide many things. Whether it was something of the *dark* testing, intrigued or drawn to you/your direction I'm glad nothing negative came of it then or thereafter. Thanks for sharing your encounter!...Peace...Letum
ghostseeker9 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-18)
what is the location of the bookstore? I'm tracking the black eyed creatures. Has anyone else seen that man with black eyes? You did good in running. I'm glad you're okay.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-14)
This is one creepy story! Glad you followed you instincts & got out of there! These beings seem to be predators, somehow. Glad you haven't encountered anything since. Thanks for sharing, and take care!
Archangel (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-12)
in my religion there is nothing like a fallen angel.
I follow Islam. Which acknowledges that there are demons, but they are called djinn's. Some worship Allah and some don't. But what you saw may have been a djinn in disguise.
DannX68 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-20)
Well, I don't deal in God and Satan, since I'm not a believer 😊 But it was something evil for sure.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-20)
If the bible can tell us that we may never know when we are entertaining an angel unaware, then couldn't we also encounter a dark angel unaware as well. It is speaking of angels in human form. They sometimes test us or actually aid us in some way. If it can happen with good angels, why not bad ones. You may have had an encounter with a evil dark angel in human form. Just a suggestion or thought. It's what came to my mind when I read your story. Satan usually has a mockery of everything that God has. Would make since. Would explain why you saw black eyes. I don't see how there could be any light in the eyes of evil. It's odd too that you work in a bookstore that sells spiritual books. You probably intrigued it in some way.
DannX68 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-18)
Cosmogal, yes, we had all kinds of books on the unknown, both the good and the bad 😁 Yes, I'd also have liked to see what he bought.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-18)
I've done a bit of reading on the topic. Mostly online stories. There is a new book out by David Weatherly called "Blacked Eyed Children" which recounts several people's experiences with them. I thought I would mention it in case anyone wants to check it out. He's done some interviews on various radio programs.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-09-18)
Well, it's been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. So as per your reaction and being overcome with fear, I'm sure that man's soul was as black as his eyes. You said you worked in a spiritual book store. Did it carry any books on the occult? Too bad nobody else seemed to notice him, I would have loved to know what kind of book he purchased. Very interesting account. I'm looking forward to reading more of your experiences. 😊
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-18)
Just on this as well, here is a link regarding 'black eyed' people

Http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/04/black-eyed-people-a-race-in-the-shadows/
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-18)
Dannx68

That is a seriously creepy story! I think you went into 'flight mode' that night and your instincts were telling you to get the away from this man for whatever reason. And I don't blame you one little bit!

I have heard of 'black eyed' people and I can recall reading a story on YGS not too long ago about a person who had a black eyed child staring at her from the back of a car. Sends shivers up my spine imagining those black eyes!

Thanks for sharing 😊 😨
DannX68 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-17)
I know, but I don't even see his eyes as bad, I think he looks nice overall. Well, you know, at least for the first half of the movie 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-09-17)
DannX68 - the eyes were the only part I meant when referring to the preacher in "Silver Bullet." Sorry about that.
DannX68 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-17)
Hmm, I like Everett McGill - the preacher in Silver Bullet - so I don't get that from him, but otherwise, yeah, I know what you mean.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-09-17)
DannX68 and Moonfall - you know how someone makes you feel uncomfortable but you don't know why? This was one of those times. It actually took me several minutes to figure out that it was his eyes that were making me uncomfortable.

It wasn't because they were so dark they could be considered black. My brother has eyes like those and I think they are just gorgeous LOL. But this man... He made me feel like he was moving closer into my space without moving at all. It wasn't just me, though. I talked to my boyfriend's sister and she felt the same way. To me, when I looked at him, it was like I was looking into nothing. He really made me uneasy and I didn't want to be in the room with him by myself.

Have you ever seen Stephen King's "Silver Bullet"? His eyes were like the preacher's eyes in that movie.
DannX68 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-17)
MoonFall,
Maybe they're possessed and that is why they can make themselves seen by only who they choose, like me in that bookstore. And after reading more about them, I'm terrified to meet one again 😨

Yes, Miracles, tell us about that preacher 😊
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-17)
DannX68,

I read the reports/story on both links you provided!
WOW They were terrifying! I'm not sure if the camper's story was 100% believable, but who am I to say/judge? I wasn't there. So, let's say it was true... I say they're some sort of demon! That's only an opinion. Whatever it is, if it in fact exists, I'm certain they're not human. The theory of vampires... A bit far fetched. Again, only my opinion.
They remind me of that kid from The Grudge. Wasn't he similar to what the stories are describing in terms of appearance?
Hard to believe that a man of God would have those eyes. Was that the only scary thing about the preacher you met? 😨 😨 😨
DannX68 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
MoonFall, the only thing they have in common - besides the eyes - is the feeling of immense fear and dread, even fear for your own life. Mostly they're kids, but sometimes adults, too. And usually they're asking for help, asking to be let into your car or your house. Now, this was at work, and the guy never got a chance to ask anything, but hadn't I run, he might have asked me something - which would have been natural in a bookstore, but who knows what might have happened to me if he'd asked me something?:s
Here are some freaky links, so you can read more about them - if you dare:
Http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/10/26/submitted-story-black-eyed-kids-terrorize-camper
Http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/04/black-eyed-kids-insidious-threat-or-myth-in-the-making/
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
I have never heard of people with these kind of eyes. For those of you who may remember, I am almost totally blind so I wouldn't notice that anyway. If it is a real person with these types of eyes, what makes them like that? I can understand a being of evil/some sort, but I've never heard of a person with these. I'll definitely investigate. Tell me, do they have any personality traits that are distinguishable/similar? I tend to notice when something is wrong other than using sight. Had a driver not too long ago and something didn't settle well with me at all. I would get out of the car and feel as if I was going to have a panic attack. I was anxious, moody and felt confined and was ready to get the hell out of the car. Come to find out, his criminal background was checked at work and needless to say, I'm glad I let him go (gently). I also saw something on his fb page that creeped me out. I don't think he had those eyes or someone at work would have definitely mentioned it. I'm guessing individuals with these types of eyes are creepy, odd (not in a positive way), etc. Thanks for sharing and bringing more awareness to this matter. 😨
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
DannX68, Thank you for reading. I agree, to wish for a person to die, is not good at all. I stayed as far away from Mike as possible! 😨
DannX68 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
Haha, no worries:D

Yuck, that Mike was creepy:/ It MIGHT have been a coincidence, but still, to wish for someone to die, you're not right in the head and should be avoided at ALL costs!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
So sorry, DannX68, that was a slip of the finger. Please forgive me.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
DabbX68, 😳 thank you, it is on Psychics & Mediums, not that I am one. Look for "Don't Mess With Mike".
Thank you for being interested. 😊
millers1982 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
I have only just joined this site today but have always been interested in the paranormal. I have yet to experiance anything for myself but did think after reading your story that you def did the right thing getting out of there.
DannX68 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
[at] Fergie, what sister site? Would love to read it!

[at] Miracles, I would also love to read your story =)
DannX68 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
It's funny, that I never looked into it before. I only came across this site a few weeks ago - I've read a lot of sites about true ghost stories/paranormal happenings - and have never before come across black eyed people. What's even MORE funny, this happened in 1996 or '97, way before the first documented incident with a black eyed person (a lot of sites say January 18th, 1998). Makes me wish I'd submitted this story somewhere before that, but never having been a tech nerd, I didn't get internet until 1999.
Now I also have an iPad and even read some of those stories in bed before going to sleep - not always a good thing LOL
MoonWolf (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
I've actually read lots of stories about black eyed beings and the things that I've noticed is most of them seem to give of a feeling of dread or talk about wanting a home. It's always best to go with your insticts and I'm very glad you did. Who knows what could have happened.

Take Care,
Diana
DannX68 (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
Yes, there was no doubt that I had to run, it wasn't even a thought, it was a FEELING seeping through my whole body.
But I'm just wondering... In all of those black eyed people stories, people who see them are usually alone, but here there were a LOT of people around and I din't hear from anyone else that they saw his eyes. Can they do that?
I always follow my instincts. If I'm out walking at night, even in areas I know really well, if I suddenly feel that it would be a bad idea to go through this street, I go another way, even if it's ten minutes longer.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
DannX68, Miracles gives good advice! Eyes like those are scary, I don't blame you for running.
I spent a year in the same class at Art School, with a guy that had "those" eyes. My experience is posted on a 'sister site'.

That guy was certainly not 'good news'!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
11 years ago (2012-09-16)
DannX68 - "Always follow your instincts" is a rule I try to live by. If a living, breathing man made you feel that way, then I think you'd have avoided him at all costs. The same goes for the non-living, non-breathing ones. Trust your gut. I think you made a wise decision.

Just a side note here, I once met a preacher who had "those" eyes. One of the scariest men I've ever met in my life 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: