You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Creepy Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Bathroom

 

I have lived in my house for almost a year now and everything has been fine. For the past week I have been having trouble sleeping for no reason. I started getting this strange vibe from the house for about three days now. Every time I walk in here I get extremely sick to my stomach and I feel like someone or something is trying to get me out possibly for my own good? I don't feel like my house is threatening me or anything I just feel as if something is trying to protect me from this house or scare me out of it.

I started noticing all these flies in my bathroom scattered throughout it. I thought nothing of this... This morning as I was checking my email and my five year old son was watching tv, we heard water dripping, the noise drowned out because of planes passing by overhead so I ignored it. The sound grew louder so I walked to the bathroom and my hot water was on full blast in my tub. There is no way my son did it he was next to me. We live alone and there's only one way someone could have got in and that's through my front door.

The other strange thing was when I came home from work today there was a note on my door that was stuck in between the door knob and door frame. When I opened it, it said "Check your breakers and GFI switches" I called my ex husband to see what a GFI switch was and he said I have only one and it's in my bathroom... It's the switch with the test and reset button. I checked them and it looked fine to me. Who on earth cold have written this note and why? I am the only house on my block, I do not have neighbors. So what in the world is going on with my bathroom all the sudden? The note, the flies, the water? I am completely freaked out and I do not feel safe.

I can't take the horrible feeling this house is throwing at me? Has anyone ever heard of this before? Am I over reacting? Not to mention for the past week I have also had these nightmares. I haven't had a nightmare in years! It's always the same... I have to protect my son from something. Please someone help me, I can't take this anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Megan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
All I can say is bless the house and that I believe you. Good luck with the ghost! 😊
SEPPS (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
S.E.P.P.S was founded by Kevin Fitz-Maurice and Casey Morganelli. We started this organization to help people as well as investigate for our on interest in the paranormal field. The S.E.P.P.S philosphy is to disprove hauntings rather than prove them. We like to find logical reasons for claims, and any evidence we are left with afterwards we anaylize from a paranormal perspective. S.E.P.P.S is a non-profit organization, our only goal is to help people who need peace of mind in their own homes or businesses. Contact us if you would like us to investigate your business or residence! There is no charge for an investigation! Www.sepps.net
bluefreak01 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
this thing is deffenitly trying to communicate with you. Its probably trying to tell you something about your house or that something bad might happen.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Judging by what you write, I would say you are being warned of an electrical problem with your house. Have a qualified electrician out to look at your house (especially the bathroom) immediately!

Be blessed!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi Megan. I agree with most of the comments on your story. However, I see that no one mentioned that you getting sick could be related to something in the house itself and not paranormal. I remember seeing an episode on Ghost Hunters where I guy and his girlfriend were feeling ill and seeing things in his house built, I think, in the 1700's. It turned out that the house was not haunted at all but that in the basement his breaker box did not have a door so a lot of radiation was coming from it which is not good. Another thing was in the basement he had wood on the ceiling that was very moldy, the bad mold. Also, he had chemicals in the basement and the fumes from those chemicals were coming through the intake and flowing all through the home. If and when you get the house checked out by an inspector/professionals and everything checks out okay then you could without a doubt attribute this things to something paranormal. The only thing that I am not sure of is the tons of flies in one place. I thought that flies would come around demonic presences and this does not sound demonic. There could be a scientific explanation to the flies also. I hope everything turns out okay. You may not even live there anymore since I'm reading and commenting a little late on your story. Good luck! ~Shelby ❤
Lovs (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-03)
Hi,

Whenever I see a whole lot of flies together in my house its always a bad sign, depending on the quantity of the flies that's how bad the problem is... This occurred two times to me where a clump of flies just suddendly appear in an area in my house, this always rang bad for me, because the first time that happened my grandmother had died, and the second time this occurred then my sister had met with an accident that same day when those flies came like that and well she is died at the scene... Please take care of your son and yourself because that is a very bad omen since flies don't normally travel together it is not naturally so that is a sign of something unnatural...becareful...as for the bathroom saga I think you should either get it blessed or move out for the betterment of both of you!

regards
Lovs
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
Wow. That's not cool at all. I would definitely look into it on a natural level right now rather than a paranormal level - as it sounds (with the note and what not) more like someone's messing with you. I don't understand, though, why it would just be the bathroom - or why even a note would be posted on your door. I don't get it. That's scary, girl. I would report that - just in case. That way if it is someone messing with you, maybe the cops will keep a watch out for you and your son. I'd buy new locks, too. And make sure you're locking the doors and securing the windows when you are leaving your home - even at night. Stay safe. If it continues and it is more apparent that it is not something natural that is occurring - seek out a medium. See if they can do anything to help rid of it on a paranormal level. Good luck, girl. You and your son are in my thoughts.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
Dear Megan,

It looks like there is not much else for me to add from the many comments and advice you have already received. I can say that after you have explored all the obvious, common sense and practical reasons for the causes of your experiences, you may then wish to continue your own personal, investigative homework and research until you find a reason and solution which works best for you and your belief system. In the end, this is your experience, and the responsibility to find an interpretation and resolve is always left up to you. Take it one step at a time and I am confident you will find your answers. Myself and others are here to help if we can, and if you have further questions as your investigation progresses.

Blessings, Abby
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
It's ok Megan... I undertstand your scared but I am positive whatever it is won't hurt your son... If your that scared please be my guest to get the priest in your home for some blessings.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
When you rule out the obvious what you have left has got to be your answer. If you know for a fact that no one is breaking in and turning faucets on and off or messing with your electric then you more than likely are having a paranormal experience. Plus I can't see someone coming in just to mess with the water or electric. To shut off your main water valve requires a special tool of which I am sure most people don't have access to. The note could be just a coincedence and could have been left by an electrician after an outage of some sort. If you keep having these problems try the navitve american smudge ceremony and see if it doesn't help to reduce or rid your home of them.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
I agree with other comments regarding 'real life people' being to blame. Not too sure why someone would come in your house just to turn taps on and off, without doing anything else, but there are some weird people out there! Old plumbing systems can do crazy things, and I agree with HollowWhispers about getting the electrics checked out. Maybe you should get the whole house checked over, especially if it's quite old. As for the note, maybe there were some problems in your area with the electricity supply, and it could have been an electrician coming to let you know, but you weren't in, thus leaving a brief note.
But who knows, if other strange stuff is happening it could be paranormal, which could also account for the 'feelings' that you're getting from the house.
Good Luck
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Since you have lived here for a year already, I don't expect that the house had a resident demon. Sounds to me like he accompanied you to the house and entered. Your resident Jinn does dwell in the bathroom and is liable to causing , I'll call them " incidents" particularly, in the bathroom as Jinn dwell in dirty places. Furthermore, your nausea can also be a cause of this maligning creature, even death can be attributed to them. I recommend as I have done with other incidents of Jinn in the house, to have a recording of Surat Al Baqara played throughout your house with bathroom doors closed. This will rid your home of any demons for 3 days. Upon entering your home, you should say in the name of God so no others accompany you home. Good luck. Try this sugestion and you'll be relieved.
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Maybe you should try to communicate with the spirit to inform him/her that you do not want to harm it and try get the ghost not to harm you if that makes any sense. Good luck! Love, the melon lover
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
I hink HollowWhispers is right. Have these things checked out right away!
HollowWhispers (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Something that struck me as odd about your story is the note. "Check your breakers and GFI switches..."

First, I would suggest that you find out how old your house is.

My mother used to be awaken every night by a tap on her shoulder, and after so long she realized that when she was awaken by this spirit, she had to go around the house and turn on all of the lights, and then turn them off again.

The reason for this, as we found out later, is that our house was quite old, and the wiring still had the old cloth coverings. Because of this, we had to constantly check our lights, breakers, and GFI switches to make sure that nothing sparked and started a fire within the walls.

Please, I urge you to find out how old your house is, and do as the note says. Instead of just looking at your GFI switch, test it. Switch it off, and then back on. I would suggest doing the same with all lights in your house, and the breakers.

As for the running water and the flies, I can't think of any explaination of these.

Peace and luck to you and your son - I hope things turn out alright.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
Would it be possible to bring in a couple different sensitives on different occasions, who don't know about eachother, to feel out your home? You might be about be able to use thier feedback as a yardstick for your own reaction. This might not work at all though because the ghosts may be reacting to you and your son and will not act the same upon the sensitives. I really hope that you can have a peaceful home soon? O' and look on the article pages of this site for the Native American Smudging ceramony. I wonder if that would be worthwhile. This next bit of advice is something that worked for me; I had experienced a ghost and moved after that. In my new home I threw a house-warming and invited friends, made a wonderful meal and spent a wonderful evening. This seemed to set everything off on the right foot with my new home. Good LUCK!
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
maybe you should try having a group of your local paranormal investigators look at your room and see if they find him

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: