You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost Of My Uncle

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of My Uncle

 

First of all, let me start by saying I was never a very intuitive person. I was never able to see ghosts or feel them. I only had two occasions in which I personally encountered ghosts. My grandmother, on the other hand, was always connected to the afterlife affairs. She was one of the reasons I believe in the afterlife, the other being my very own experiences. But let's start with the real story.

I must have been around 12 years old. My uncle had just passed away, and since my family was always faithful in the afterlife and accustomed to the idea of death, our "funerals" were mostly just opportunities for the family to get together and talk. We would laugh, make jokes, remember stories involving the deceased, etc. We were in my grandmother's house, and I needed to go to the bathroom. I was not very familiar with that house, so I asked my mother to give me directions. She told me to go upstairs and take a right. That was my deceased uncle's bedroom, but I was not aware of this. In his bedroom, you would have the bed right in front of you when you walked in, and the bathroom to the right.

When I walked in, I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed. My uncle was wearing blue jeans, a button shirt, and was bent forward with both of his hands on his face, as if he was sad or depressed. I could not see his eyes, but his mouth shivered strangely, as if he was crying. I did not hear any noise or feel cold. He was not translucent or looked ghastly, he was just like a normal person. As soon as I saw him, I froze for a moment and ran down the stairs like a madman, almost peeing myself. I told my mom what I saw, and she went with me upstairs to check the bedroom again. Obviously this time there was no one there.

I believe that if I was just mature enough to see what was going on, I might have been able to talk to him, but I was just a kid. That is my story, and if you have any questions or want to share similar stories please comment.

If anyone can help me, I would like to know if I could have actually gone and talked to him, or if there is no way to communicate with ghosts. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by fullname_01

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fullname_01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-05)
Full name, I would have to agree with Cliney1212 on this one. If there was a message, he would have let you know in a way that wouldn't have freaked you out.

Personally, I think he was just passing though and his room gave him the most comfort before moving on. Also, by you seeing him, that was message in it self. Since I take it your family believes when you said that you saw him in his room.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-02)
Full name, I think that your uncle returned to his old room and was sad that his family was grieving downstairs. If he had a message for you he would have found a way to give it to you. I think you were lucky to see he is still around, and you were 12 years old most adults would have bolted from that room also... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: