You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Dusty Liked My Haircut

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Dusty Liked My Haircut

 

This is my 2nd story I'm submitting today and it's also about something that happened after my daughter found her uncle dead from a drug overdose. For any details about that, they're more specific in my other story about Uncle Dusty.

Ok, just a few months after his death, I was alone in the house, sitting at the dining room table on my laptop. To my right is a glass door leading to the back deck and to my left is the archway into the living room. It was mid-afternoon, shortly before I needed to pick up my daughter from school.

It was totally silent in the house, not even any noise from what I was doing on my computer so when a loud smacking sound came out of thin air right beside me, my behind left my chair it startled me so badly. It sounded like a large, heavy book had fallen on the tile floor, like a clapping sound is the best way I can describe it. I got up and searched the house and found nothing, went outside and found nothing. We live in a very quiet subdivision, and I was certain it came from inside the house anyway.

I shrugged it off and sat back down but almost immediately my right shirt sleeve began to be tugged at. I was wearing a loose, long-sleeved top and I could actually see it being tugged up and down and that whole side of my body was cold, but I saw nothing. I've never been frightened of these experiences so I just said, "Ok, yeah, I know you're here." I didn't know WHO it was, but it was someone.

Shortly after this, I'm sitting in my car waiting for my daughter to get out of school and my cell rings. It's my aunt, Shae, who is totally like my daughter in picking up on things. I answer and the first thing she says is, "Hey, Dusty says to tell you he likes your haircut."

All right. Let me get this straight- first of all, Shae hadn't known yet that I had cut my hair but most importantly I had told no one yet of my weird experience earlier that afternoon at my house. What I don't get is why I didn't see him myself. I have seen him before, so why not this time? Why did he have to tell Shae what he wanted to tell me? I don't know but it was very strange.

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Manafon - Yes, some well-meaning friend could quite possibly have given him a few tabs to be helpful, not realising the dire consequences that would ensue!

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Mandee, choosing to accept what you cannot change is a good attitude. Personally, I'm suspicious of the suicide explanation, but I certainly can't do anything about it, except pray for you, Dusty and everyone else. May his Memory be Eternal.

As for the purpose of this website, I hope your daughter is coping with her gift, and learning to use it wisely and properly. And I hope to hear more stories soon.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Mandee and Melda - Clonidine is a by prescription only drug in the U.S. What I was suggesting is that Dusty could have been given the drug by someone else who was taking it and had found it to be beneficial. If it was given to him by a friend at work, for instance, he more than likely wouldn't have been warned about things like possible accidental overdose.

If someone had a few extra pills and gave them to Dusty there would be no way go trace where they came from unless that person came forward.
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Yes, Melda, I'm certain blood pressure meds are only available by prescription here in TN (I can't say positively because I never swear to anything I'm not sure of 😊). The straight facts are: he overdosed on these meds- proven fact by the autopsy report- and this is what the police found in his truck. That's all I personally know as fact.
His mother is still vehement to this day that someone else is responsible for his death, but I just don't know. I'm choosing to accept what I can't change and move on.
It been 9 years since his death and he occasionally likes to make himself known. Occasionally as in, like, very rarely. I'm convinced that he's ok. He knows we love him and miss him so I think maybe he just likes to check on us out of concern for us, not out of any concern for himself or anything he might want to say. He's had enough time that if he could tell us anything he would have by now. I hope anyway!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Mandee - That really is weird. When you said he had overdosed on blood pressure medication, I assumed he suffered from either high or low blood pressure.

Blood pressure medication can only be obtained by prescription, at least in South Africa and I'm assuming elsewhere as well. If Dusty wanted to commit suicide I'm sure he could have overdosed on medication that was more easily available. Very strange indeed.

As you said, one can't simply point fingers.

Regards, Melda
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
This is Mandee again, and I have decided to share something about this that isn't very nice. I do not EVER want to accuse anyone of such a terrible thing but... Here goes, and please remember that I am in no way whatsoever pointing fingers at anyone.
His ex worked as an aide in a nursing home with easy access to the medication that caused his death, and empty bubble packs of the blood pressure medicine Clonidine were discovered in his truck. Most nursing home patients have bubble packs put together weekly by the pharmacy (my mom and my sister are both licensed pharmacy techs) but that still doesn't explain why he would take them!? Where did he get them, especially packaged like that?!
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Hey, guys, thanks for reading about my experiences and commenting on them! These are very special memories that I will keep with me and it's interesting to hear other opinions.
Ok, Shae is my aunt- she's my mother's youngest sister and is only 4yrs older than me so we're way more like sisters and that's another reason this is so puzzling- she actually didn't know Dusty very well at all!
She works as a nurse on the night shift at our local hospital so she sleeps during the day. This being the middle of the afternoon, she normally would be sleeping and she says that Dusty spoke to her in what seemed to be a very vivid dream. It woke her and that's when she called me. She was one of the nurses on duty the night that the ambulance brought him there to be pronounced deceased. She was the one who first had to tell me he was gone.
Of course, his mother called me in hysterics and just said, "Something is wrong with Dusty, come and get Sarah and take her to your mom and get to the ER now!" When I arrived to get Sarah the ambulance was pulling away and Sarah had been left with the neighbor, who didn't know any details. Sarah said, "Mamma, he's dead, Uncle Dusty is dead!"
So I dropped her off in a panic and raced to the hospital and Shae was waiting for me. She had to tell me he really was dead, and I remember feeling so unreal, like it had to be a terrible dream. Even after they let me in the room and I saw him I couldn't make a single noise, but as soon as Shae grabbed me before I could fall I started screaming- I still don't remember if I was screaming words or what, Shae never did tell me exactly what I said. Do you think maybe this experience between her and I in the room where his body was may have connected him to her?
Oh, and I almost forgot, he wasn't on any medication at all, and no one else in the home was on this type of medicine either. He had recently moved back in due to a split between him and his wife, but things had turned amicable and he even had an appointment in less than a week to meet with their lawyers to set up a visitation plan for their son, who was 6 at this time, a year younger than my daughter.
As a side note, Shae is very sensitive and as she works in a hospital, she is no stranger to visits from souls, whether she knows them or not. She's been followed home a few times, too, much to my uncle's dismay, lol!
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Manafon - I really do apologise if you think I was debunking your opinion on what Dusty might have been trying to get across through his gestures. In fact I agree with you that it is a possibility. After reading my comment again I realise that I could have phrased it differently. In fact I was just trying to add a further possibility.

Sarah could not have understood what he meant and with the retelling of the event to Mandee, it becomes even more confusing. Like information via the grapevine, so to speak.

In my recent submission "His name is Vic" I also tried to explain a gesture which Vic made to me when I tried to talk to him. It's easy enough when you see it and personally interpret it but to describe it is a little difficult. I don't know whether you read my story but this is the link, if you're interested. Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25134

Regards, Melda
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-16)
Mandee - I've just commented on your previous submission re Dusty.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Dusty either cannot, or does not want to, show himself to you? On the occasion that you saw him it basically happened by mistake. He was visiting Sarah and possibly wasn't even aware of the fact that you had seen him.

However, he must have been impressed with your new hairstyle, even going so far as to tell Aunt Shae about it! By the way, is Shae actually your aunt or Dusty's aunt and how did he let her know about your haircut?

I'm hoping that Dusty will shortly find his way and continue with his spiritual journey. How often does he make his presence known, to you and Sarah and also other family members? I would be very interested to know that.

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
I was about to comment on your other story, http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25222, but decided to read this one first.

Your Aunt Shae sounds like a sensitive, something your daughter might share, given her memory of a previous life.

Something tells me that there are more to these two stories than you can share. Not comfortable or don't know? It's okay. There are weird people out there.

What prompted Uncle Dusty to move back to his parents' place? That may give some insight into what actually happened; and why Uncle Dusty is still around.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: