You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In Memory Of My Uncle

Real Ghost Stories

In Memory Of My Uncle

 

Five years have passed since I last checked this site...

I do apologize for that, but I am back now with the last set of my uncle's experiences.

Yes the last set of stories, he passed away in a car accident earlier this year, what a great year 2016 has been eh? We are all utterly devastated, it was so sudden, we were all worried about my other uncle with the cancerous brain tumor, it was really unexpected, but who expects death really; this shows how fate is an unpredictable force.

So to honor his experiences and to never be forgotten I give you the last couple of them.

1. This one was back when he used to live with us in our old house mentioned in the other posts four years ago.

He was home alone, we were all out preparing for my older sister's wedding, buying things and whatnot.

As he was resting on the living room couch staring at nothing, just relaxing and enjoying the quiet, a tall dark mist just manifested itself from the bathroom and walked, or "floated", very slowly across the living room sort of in a hunched manner but finally disappearing when it reached the other side.

He probably was used to these happenings that time since he simply ignored it since it seemed harmless enough. Though he kept it a secret from my mother until we finally moved out, she wasn't happy about that...

2. This one was worrying at the time; he didn't get slapped again, no.

After endless moving, he and his wife finally decided to buy a part of my grandfather's farm and build their own house there, fast forward a year, the house is done and furnished.

They spent a few nights peacefully everything was good, one night he was in bed trying to fall asleep when he started hearing barking, that wasn't weird since my grandfather had three guard dogs in the farm, he shrugged it off the dogs probably spotted a fox or something; then the barking got louder, it was inside the house it went on for what seemed like a couple minutes and stopped.

He closed his eyes hugged his wife and resumed his attempt to sleep, the barking came back and stopped again, he decided to ignore it and sleep.

As he slowly drifted to sleep a really loud really close growling sound made him jump back to consciousness waking his wife too that didn't seem to hear anything.

They went back to sleep after a few minutes with Qur'an playing in the room.

There you go, the last of his experiences, these are the ones he told us about.

There's also something to add that I would like to share too...

Two weeks before the accident, he visited us in our new house although he was very busy he couldn't stay for more than 3 hours, he just said that he wanted to see us and congratulate us for the new house.

His visit was like a very light breeze, but a little bit sad.

It felt like a goodbye visit... I guess he felt it? Maybe he felt that something will happen to him and wanted to say goodbye to his favorite sister?

Rest in peace, dear uncle; he was a generous man, a good husband and probably would have been a great father.

Other hauntings by Hayat

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hayat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-27)
I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle. Remember him fondly and if you feel his presence say hello to him. Ask him for a sign that he is at peace, be patient and look for the sign you will know what it is.
My father in-law has been gone for almost 24 years and we know he is still around because he plays pranks on us, well mainly me. The last prank he played is I use a cane to walk when I go out of the house. One day I was going out and could not find my favorite cane. We looked for it in the usual places because I don't leave them all over. We couldn't find it, so I said okay dad put it back and my husband found it where he had looked not even 2 minutes before.

Regards
Red
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Your uncle sounds like a great guy. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: