You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle's Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle's Spirit

 

My uncle died two years ago in 2010, while he was on a holiday in Thailand. It was horrible for the whole family. I was young when it happened but it remember it so well. When my mother and my nanna found out they caught a plane to Thailand and went to deal with the paper work. I wasn't really the same after that. All the stress I went through took its toll and I became depressed but after a while the pain seemed to ease. I knew my uncle was in a better place. The pain never really left, I just found it easier to cope and I don't know how that happened but I felt lighter and happier.

When my mother and nanna arrived back to Perth they organised the funeral and we decided to have his body cremated. My uncle's ashes were kept at my nanna's house where he used to live. After a couple of months she started telling my mother that sometimes she heard weird noises, footsteps and doors opening and closing. My nanna didn't feel harmed by this, she felt as if there was someone watching over her.

In April my family and I travelled over to Thailand to spread my uncle's ashes there, we believed that was what he would have wanted because Thailand was his favourite place in the world. After a couple of days there our hotel door bell rang by its self at all hours of the day and night and on a closer look we found no one there. Our televisions used to turn on and change channels by its self at that point we thought it was just bad connection.

Just before we were about to spread his ashes on the beach close to where he died we decided to have his ashes blessed by the Thai monks. Later that day we went down to the beach we to spread my uncle's ashes. It was around 8:00 pm. We walked out into the water together and poured the ashes in there. A close friend of the family was taking picture with her iphone. The next day she was showing us the pictures she had taken. They had a cloud of smoke or mist like substance surrounding us. The lady taking the photos was Thai and she told us it was his sprit going to heaven.

After this occurrence the door bell no longer rang, doors don't open and close, channels don't flip over. Is he finally at rest?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MADIISSON1998, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sambear30 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Great story. I have a spirit that follows me around. I'm not sure who it is but would like to know. Glad your uncle is at rest. 😊I wish my spirit was.
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
It would be really interesting if we could see that photograph.
Xiao (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-09)
I think your uncle finally said goodbye and is now on rest, but always speak to his ghost, tell him what happened in your life, and how much you miss him, I think dead people can hear this too and he would be very happy that you care for him, even he is no longer on earth, good luck.
Xiao. ❤
cjsemple99 (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-08)
I think he could be at rest. If you keep hearing the weird noises then speak to your uncle's ghost. Tell him that you love and miss him and that he is at a better place now. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: