You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Black Cloud

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Cloud

 

On an early September morning before school, my mom was brushing my knotty, unruly hair. She was sitting on the living room couch and I was standing with my back to her, directly in front of her. I was looking blankly, sleepily at the rest of the living room, not thinking about much of anything. Being twelve at the time, I was fussing that she was hurting my head and pulling too hard (as usual), but I shut up real quick once I got a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye.

Out of thin air, I saw what looked like a thick cloud of black smoke... Oval in shape... Somewhat translucent; I could see through it. It floated about two feet off the ground and if I had to make a guess, I would say it was about three feet tall and two feet wide. My jaw dropped open and my mom stopped brushing my hair. I witnessed the black silhouette float around the entire perimeter of my living room slowly. I followed it with my eyes and watched it enter the hallway which leads into the bedrooms. I didn't follow any further. I was so scared!

My mom and I looked at one another. I asked, "Mama, did you just see that?". To which she replied "Shh. Don't say a word. Just draw what you saw,". So we both drew exactly what we saw, and our pictures were the same. Since then, this is only one of the many experiences I've had in this house. It makes me feel better knowing my mom saw the same thing and I'm not crazy, though.

Was this a "ghost"? Since it was black- was it a "bad" one? What are your thoughts on this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlexandraMD22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Samisan (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
Were you living next to a pond or a lake at that time?
Did you see two white revolving dots inside the cloud?
sumchick (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
IM sorry there is nothing to tell I'm forty six I live in QLD astralia I have never experienced anything in this house ever it was in late september 2012 at 11. 23 pm at night I have lived here for twelve years and not once has there ever been anything strange nor scary this is the only time I have ever felt frightend in this house, In all those years I have raised two children here and never have they even scensed anything. I have been living here on my own for 5 years... It was the way it left the house that scared me the most the window was open about 20cm... The lights look like lazer lights but there are around ten the colour orange the first, about three days after the black cloud and then around three nights ago at 9.04 the beautiful green lights
Regards Louise
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
sumchick,

Please submit your 'experience' and include all the details... Time of night... Time of year... How far open was the window? Any other 'strange' things that you, or others have experienced in the house.

I know it may take time before it's published but we can help you better if you have your own 'thread' that contains as many details as you can remember so we can give our best advice.

Respectfully,

Rook
sumchick (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
HI I RECENTLY HAD A FRIGHTNING EXPERIENCE WITH A BLAK CLOUD HOVERING OVER MY BED I AWOKE TO SOMEONE CALLING OUT MY NAME THEN I LOOKED UP AT WHAT I THOUGHT WERE INSECTS A SWARM OF THEM JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE THE GREEN MILE then when I pulled my head back on the pillow to focus it dissapered like a jenie would into a bottle out the small gap that I had my window open... I have lived in this house for twelve years and never experienced any strange occurance now I am terrified to stay here and can't even go to the bathroom without turning lights on especially my bedroom light And now I have strange but beautiful lights of orange lights and the most beautiful green lights I am not asleep I watch them hover and leave my room I'm so scared as I feel I am going to be hurt 😭
PeachyPumpkins000 (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
If you haven't felt any negative presence, then the spirit is not bad. Most of the ones that people witness are black ghostly figures. I wouldn't worry too much, but I have to say, your mom was a smart thinker. If you and her had talked about what you had seen, that could have disturbed the spirit. Did your mom know anything about the paranormal?
Other then that, great story. I remember feeling just like you when y mother brushed my hair. I hated it, haha.
Thanks for sharing! 😊
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
I'm not entirely sure if it was brought on by puberty or what. I, personally... Never saw anything strange like that. Whenever I got angry, I'd just see red, as is per usual. Anything else strange was just little flecks of dust stuck on my eye, those irritating squiggly drifty lines.

Granted, I'm just one person, so I can't speak for the majority of the populace. I don't really hallucinate that often, except for once, and I was really straining my brain to see something weird at that time.

It's possible you saw an entity, yes... But, here's an idea. What if it was just passing ethereal energy? Like... A current of the spirit world, a blotch of energy that COULD be used should an entity have ever chosen to appear? Just a random thought, as I've heard stories of creepy, unexplained mists and hazes before.
Hades666 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Can you please post some more of your paranormal experiences, would love to know more. 😊
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
I agree with HappySpirit, in that 12 is a very common age for this type of activity to occur. I wouldn't say that a "black cloud" is bad per se, but it does make one think of negative things when it's seen. I too would like to hear about the other activities that happened in your home, then perhaps we could help you a bit more.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
First thought that came to mind: you were 12 - early puberty or on the verge of such. It could have been something similar to poltergeist energy, an energetic/etheric phenomenon often manifested by young teens as they begin changing and developing physically and emotionally. You were in the midst of a distasteful activity; it's possible it was a expression of your upset/anger. But you said there were other experiences in this house so it could be something else; did these things continue as you got older? Thanks for the story.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Hello AlexandraMD22, it is quite difficult to advise or suggest to you what to do. I feel that it is paranormal encounter you and your mom had. But you said it is one of the many experiences you had in the house. Please post it and so that we can give suggestions properly and also that would throw more light on whether it is a positive or negative entity. Also, try to note down the experiences and make some research on the house and post it in your comment. I don't think that it is any harmful entity. But still without any further input from your side, it would be difficult to predict. Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
vstoljockey (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
i m.a indian I have seen a sky blue type shining cloudy type thing
Near my house

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: