You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Interesting Events In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Interesting Events In My Home

 

This is the first time I have submitted a story but have read quite a few off of here with some interest. My story probably isn't chilling or such. But its something I have been wondering for a while.

I live in a house with from what I gather doesn't have any major history to it whatever. I have been here for maybe 5years now, 3 with my ex and 2 alone. The main things have been happening recently which have made me turn to a different direction for answers, a couple of years ago things like the kitchen cupboards etc would open by themselves and such but it never bothered me one bit, occasionaly smelling perfume around the house. I have always felt like someone was there but not in a way of harm. I have felt touches on me generally when I'm doing my usual daily routines, just on the shoulder, a tap on the head. I just learned to live with it, if I'm honest. Anyway moving on.

Since being single things have started to happen more obviously. The house will have random thumps or banging noises, the letterbox will clap, I can almost vaguely hear people walking to an extent. Anyway last week, say around 2am, I was in bed and I could hear these almighty crashing noises coming from above me in the loft. I never thought much and continued sleeping. When I woke in the morning I could still hear shuffling and banging of some kind so I looked out my room to see the loft hatch was up like literally up and slid off.

Now this can't happen by itself its impossible, so I contacted the police assuming someone was up there. Nothing at all. Nothing out of place, it couldn't be explained. Not much has happened in the last week, I don't know what answers I'm looking for but I'm confused and a bit worried. Its the idea of I can't give myself answers to what's going on that's annoying me more than anything and yes the whole incident in regards to the loft really spooked me.

I constantly get the feeling someone or something's around and maybe its time I actually looked for a answer. Thanks for reading.

Andy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, asd1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

asd1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
There's no way anyone has access to my house, I live a fairly comfortable life even though through business I get stressed every now and then but nothing I bring home my ex has been gone long enough without incident but the noises And banging through my
Loft although I can't explain were loud
Enough
To wake me up... Doors opening etc I can live with but bangs and noises to this magnitude were some what worrying I'm not a little boy who gets scared by noises even when things open or close... There's a answer to most things but
To this I had to call the police which invites 6 of them in my loft to what no answer could be revealed I've been
Up there like 8 times in a coupla years and
To me it's just a loft
No more no less...
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Hi Andy,
It doesn't sound like you have anything to fear. But it is a puzzle as to the loft door. And it sounds like activity is picking up. I would ask myself why. How long has it been since the break-up? Is there anything stressful or tramatic going on with you right now that could possibly feed the spirit (s)? These would be things I would ask myself since spirits/entities feed off our energy in order to manifest.
Here in the states a news story aired a couple of months ago where a man was caught living in the attic of his ex-girlfriend. The ex and her children did not have any indication he was in their attic for weeks.
Could someone have access to your home? Not trying to scare you, just offer a plausible explaination.
When I was about 17 I had a similar event happen to me that we could not figure out other than stess, so I understand.
Please keep us updated.

Blessed Be
yogamomny (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
i've lived in three homes with similar activities especially the part about the cupboard doors opening by themselves and in my case the heat was turned on and the panel door left open 15 minutes after I turned it off myself and I was completely alone in the house all doors locked at the time. The kids remote control toys have started up all by themselves when there were no batteries in the remote or the toy itself. My mother felt something sit down next to her when she was in bed one early morning and another time she woke up and complained her back was burning and asked me to look at it and when I did all I could see were these very thin scratches with little blood beads seeping out of them and after a couple hours I looked again and they were huge whelps... Like these broad raised red marks... Creepy scary stuff that had no sensible explanation... Always a creepy feeling like someone was watching me out of the corners of the rooms. Scratching noises in the wallright behind my ears. Hot and cold spots in the room. I think maybe the ex leaving and activity increasing could be a sign that it is is more attracted to you. Sometimes it is not the space that is haunted but the person. Another explanation is that you never know what previous occupants used that space for... In my case the one house I lived in I ended up finding out the woman there before me was doing black magic (folk majic) some voudou and she had put a curse on her exes new relationship. The other woman ended up dying of suicide and I think whatever negative spirits or energy she called apon was still there. The other home I had lived in an old man recently died in it right before I moved in from a major heart attack and he wasn't discovered for a cple weeks. There was a stained patch on the rug that was from his decomposing body which I removed but his spirit was in there and it was friendly. My baby would wake up out of a sleep and be laughing and reaching up as if someone was there playing with him things would go missing and i'd hear someone walking around in the bathroom all night. I think if you tell it not to bother you it may stop if not and it really freaks you out you could get someone or do it yourself something like a housecleansing that is meant to banish unwanted spirits and energy and do a protecton ritual for yourself and your home but you must do it in the name of the holy trinity. The other home I lived in had no reason I could discover for the activity which makes me believe that something about me personally draws these kinds of energies. You too probably have this issue. Anyway i've been trying to get solid answers for this for a long time and I still can't explain any of it for certain. Good luck with it.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Yeah I must admit that is the creepiest bit in your story. I will keep checking the thread in the hope someone answers you.
asd1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Hey Sam thanks for the feedback, these things don't bother me as in noises etc, just when the loft incident happened that kind of got to me. Andy. Glasgow x
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-12)
Hi Andy, I am not surprised that you are spooked, but don't be too alarmed, it sounds as though whatever is in your home is friendly as you have managed to live with it for a few years now. I can't give you any advice but am sure others on here can. If you don't get many messages that give you some good information, look for Rookdygin orSDS they give excellent information and advice to people. Take care,Sam, West Yorkshire, UK x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: