You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Follows Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Follows Me?

 

I don't really see myself as sensitive towards spirits but I've had this one follow me for some time and I'd like to know why or if it means me harm.

It started when I moved in with my aunt and uncle, roughly a year ago. I always felt somebody watching me but assumed at first it was the new environment.

Then it would start to watch me get dressed and gasp at me, I would hear the bathroom door trying to open whilst I showered and there was the one corner in my bedroom where I would feel it staring at me.

I literally have weeks where I won't hear anything off of it, then there will be nights where I'll feel it staring at me and sometimes it would call me a "slut," whisper in my ear or smack me to wake me up. I don't understand why it has never really "hurt" me but it insists on living in my room?

Although there have been a few occasions where I've stayed at family or friends' houses and they've claimed to have unexplained things happen to them such as doors slamming, or hearing somebody walking in heavy boots.

To be honest, I had nearly forgotten about it until my friend came over, and she said whenever she was sat in my bedroom or bathroom she would see it watching her from the doorway but whenever she tried to look it would run away. She described it as a man about 6"4, in a black suit and hardly any visible facial features, exactly the same as I'd imagined him to look!

So I was wondering, is this thing dangerous? Why does it harass people I am close to and do I need to tell it to go away?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, georgyy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-06)
i think the spirit is just trying to make you feel that it exists. And just because you know rebskp my early suggestion was not given because of the horror movies as I don't watch many, I gave it because I think that if a priest is called maybe georgyy could know what is the purpose of the spirit behind the things it does. And rebskp please use some kind words.

My best wishes to georgyy
Austria
😠 😠 😁
rebskp (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-20)
Hello,

As I read your story I noticed how a lot of posters left out the fact that it was phsyically abusing you by
"sometimes it would call me a "slut," whisper in my ear or smack me to wake me up."

I truly believe you shouldn't accept any kind of abusive behavior from this entity. Also for those who think he needs and excorism or a priest please stop watching horror movies. There is absoulty no need for one considering an excorism involves a individual people possessed by a demon and this is clearly not the case. I strongly agree with Rookdygin saying you may grow out of it. It is just simply a spirt trying to get attention. Try Rook's cleansing it seemed to help out a lot of people on this site.

Goodluck,
Rebskp
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-10-20)
i think you should better consult a priest or exorcist. The spirit might be dangerous. 😐
soulseekerdutta (4 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
u must call an exorcist... It may try to hurt u...perform an exorcism as soon as possible...
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
"I don't understand why it has never really 'hurt' me but it insists on living in my room?"

If this is indeed a spirit or entity of some kind, and assuming it wants to hurt you, the only explanation is that it can't. I personally don't think it's possible for a spirit to harm a living person unless you let them. I would tell this spirit that it is not welcome in your home or your friends' homes and especially not in your bedroom and to go away and stop bothering you. You may wish to try Rook's cleansing method or one of your own devising. Supernaturalservices' suggestions of protective methods would not work for me as I do not believe in organized religion or that the bible has a divine origin. However, if you do then they may work for you georgyy. I believe the efficacy of any cleansing or protective method is only in the belief of the person using it. The point is to let whatever this is know in no uncertain terms that you are not going to tolerate its antics and so it might as well stop expending its limited energy on you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
I was going to hold off commenting on this for a bit as I am 'on the fence' concerning parts of this, but it seems there are some things I should address...

These experiences sound like they could, COULD be cases of EMF sensitivity and possible poltergeist activity. Nothing seems particularly 'hostile' and the 'odds' are that the majority of these experiences will pass as the O/P gets older and Puberty comes to an end. This theory is based on the 'facts' provided by the O/P, this includes the 'figure being seen' by the O/P's friend.

Pragatizoop,

Are you thinking of a specific expert... An individual or maybe a group? I'd really like to know... Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
Here are some things you need to do to protect yourself.

Say the Saint Micheal Prayer

Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
By the Divine Power of God -
Cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
Who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Also say psalm 91 and 71 out of the King James Bible.

Leave out bowls of sea salt mixed with white vinegar and let it evaporate, refill as needed, it will make manifestation harder for the spirit. Also burning white sage helps, let the smoke fill the area to be cleansed.
Pragatizoop (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
i think it's a shadow person and it has developed some kind of likeness towards you and that's obviously not good for you even if it means no harm but you should consult some one who's expert in this field and can help you get rid of it

God bless
Isolde (guest)
+7
12 years ago (2012-10-16)
Oh dear, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and that this story is true. I'm sorry, but the discussion around a previous story 'My companion Alex' pops up in my head.

Your question is wrong. It should not be 'do I need to tell it to go away'. It should have been 'how do I get rid of it'?
Here you have my basic guideline: don't accept behaviour of spirits you wouldn't accept from humans. And to be honest, by the things you wrote, I don't think you should.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: