You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Haunting Shadowy Red Eyed Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting Shadowy Red Eyed Figure

 

My wife has been having the same figure haunt her since a child, a shadowy black figure with red eyes. He does not show up in the light or when anyone else is around. She says he always seems to keep his distance. He used to come to the side of her bed and stand, but after we started sleeping together he stays near the door at the other end of the room.

I told her he feeds on her fear. Having seen ghostly figures myself I would never tell her shes crazy. I feel he's scared of me, refusing to show himself even after repeated taunting.

I have heard about the sight of them causing the person to be paralyzed with fear; however, last night was the opposite. She said she saw him but I was asleep. She said he was standing at the opposite end of the bed staring her, pointing at me and grinning. All of a sudden I was overcome with tightening of the chest and an uncontrollable urge to stand up, which woke me. She said the moment my eyes opened, he vanished but my symptoms persisted for 15-20 minutes with the figure not even there.

When I was little and a young man there were reports of people seeing me reacting to the image of a being; however, I have no recollection of these instances. I would scream about something getting those around me and warn them. But I feel random fits of anger and feel like there is something hidden inside me, protecting me. Could it be that this being that has become a protector be fighting to get out and face this shadowy figure haunting my wife?

I welcome any insight to this phenomenon and wonder what way there is to face this being, this haunter. I can't explain it but I feel something in this house, a new construction with no history on the land it's built on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JeffreyRung, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
JeffreyRung, I was thinking the same as Rozo and don't believe the house or land has anything to do with what is going on. Since your wife has known of this being from childhood I have to say that it is attached to her. With that said, I am confused about your experiences and wonder if you could explain a little more about you feeling that there is something inside you protecting you. Protecting you from what? Have you tried to keep this entity away by using salt, holy water, candles, or any other kind of shielding method?
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
[at] badjuujuu
Re:can't understand this experience.
Noticed the entity is not harming the girl and not interfering in their relationship?
The girls forefathers were into somekinda devil worship proba
Bly and this incident is so old that the girl does not have any knowledge of
such rituals undertaken by her ancestors.
This entity has been watching over her lineage generation after generation like an heirloom being passed on.
Her husband has been warned by the entity cause he was going out of the way to insult it, whereas the family heirloom has nothing against the hubby.
Again this is just a theory and I may be way off the mark.
The info provided by the poster is sketchy like you have stated earlier.
But a very unusual experience.

Peace.
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
[at] badjuujuu I appreciate your large heartedness too. My beloved god is cernnunos
He is the indian God Shiva and the christian Yehova
I respect all religions
Thats what I have learnt from my guru
The one you have faith in, is the lord of the world
I speak the truth badjuujuu
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Hi Marvis. You know, when I saw you say that about Pagan and Wiccan names, it annoyed me lol. But then I saw your apology, and have to say thank you for clarifying that. I'm no longer annoyed. 😁 Too few people are willing to say "Sorry, I misspoke." I appreciate that you did that. Welcome to YGS. ❤

Hopefully the OP will be back soon, I'm still confused by this experience.
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
[at] blacSky
How can you speak an arabic phrase in hebrew, please? What you say is more in line with islamic way of praying. But in the east only the name is important. Pronunciation or rituals aren't of much importance
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
[at] kydroache
Thanks for your beautiful post, I don't deny I sound that way cause english is alien to me and otherwise have trouble in expression
I don't believe paganism is wrong or bad
Its much maligned by so called spiritual nuts

Even I can't understand how any name can back fire
This term was coined by Black sky. You can scroll down and see the post. What I wanted to say was that if one did repeat the name of an unsavoury character it would bring negative effect.
yes, there is some truth in it when I say there are no evil entities as they are basically manmade. Remains of our pre historic psyche when we used to live in caves and were afraid of the dark.
Don't go by the letter go by the spirit
Black maglc is evil in the sense cause it preaches hurt.
From my own experience_I have slept in deserted places and buildings without a light. I felt no fear nor saw any spook. Ever. How can you see something that has no body?
Also in my natal chart the sun is well placed, spooks and entities generally steer clear of such subjects. The sun signifies the soul. What I noted on this site was that they were miserable cause they believed in evil entities.
This in itself is a problem.
Worship the sun.
Its better.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
[at] Marvis

Okay, I'm sorry, but...

You did say a few good things in all of that, but I also saw a lot that... Sounds more strongly like opinion rather than fact, and things that could come up as offensive to people.

How does a Pagan name backfire? How can you backfire on a name?

Even those who are with God will see ghosts and spirits, that has been proven on this site repeatedly.

You mention there are no evil entities, but then you claim black magic is evil... In my opinion there is no such thing. Light and dark co-exist, the night is not evil because it lacks illumination. Now if you're talking blood sacrifice, then yeah, that's definitely taking it too far.

Though I do like your comment about weakness, I've proven this through inward thinking alone... To think positively will definitely lighten the heart and mind, it's alleviating.
marvis (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
sorry that was a typing error. What I meant was that not pagan and wiccan spells but evil black magic spells.
Only evil black magic spells backfire, so leave it alone and don't indulge in black arts
Whereas white magic is not evil
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
no offence taken by any observation of yours
I'm pretty open on the subject of spirituality.
Its good to discuss.
I'm a heterodox.
Depends on how you have been brought up and how strong your faith is.
If you believe more in spooks than you do in god then you will be surrounded by them all your life.
With God it'll be smooth sailing all the way.
Technically speaking there are no evil entities as god dwells in everything.
Because you believe in demons, so they exist.
If you can strongly deny them you shall overcome.
The cure for weakness lies not in thinking of weakness but in dwelling on strength
God makes us pass through bad days so that may find enlightenment
marvis (guest)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
its not hebrew its an islamic name
One amongst 99 names of god
You can google it
I have found it pretty effective against negative energies
I'm different
I don't use the right pronunciation but still it works for me
Faith is a big thing
I have bin sleeping soundly where others have not been able to spend a few minutes in sleep
marvis (guest)
-3
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
bro as far as I am concerned it has never back fired on me
This is a name of the form less lord
So it can never back fire
Only pagan wiccan names back fire
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
[at] marvis- I'm curious as to where and how you came up with this name for God. The reason I'm asking is because if it is not used in Hebrew dialect and with correct prayer and anointing it very well could cause a back fire. I completely respect and understand what your saying please by all means no offense intended.

[at] Jeffery I've seen this type thing once but my figure came visual in a mirror in my room with these amazing beautiful blue eyes. But it was enough to scare me being I was a teen at the time and a friend I was on the phone with told me to look and what I would see. He was dealing with things he should not and was able to project this being. He told me he could watch over me by doing this. It was very creepy and he told me to look back and it would be gone and it was. So possibly this could be something to that nature since it has been with your wife for so long.
Best wishes, Blacksky
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
This type of creature is common among certain native american tribes. Is she of an Indian decent? There's reports here in Arizona of the same creature and I know someone who has seen it personally. They came home from grocery shopping and when he walked in the house it was standing there in front of him. He walked out of the house and told everyone to get back in the car, then left for a few hours. They came back and it was gone. It's also said that it chases people.
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
You write well twelve. Jeffery you shouldnt worry. You most don't have any karmic link with that thing, so it won't bother you. I personal don't show disrespect to anyone, so please remain NEUTRAL, to the entity if you think there is one. You help yourself by thinking positive. Astral entities cannot physically harm anyone. Nobody can harm anyone if god wills otherwise. So no need to taunt anyone. You should pray. I had very benificial result by repeating this name of the lord YaWadudu. This translated from arabic means the loving one or the lord loves us. Spooks can only emotionally deplete one. So loving helps. But don't start showing kindess to spooks. Just ignore or get professional help. They take it as a sign of weakness. Hope this helps
twelveam (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
Hi Jeffery,
One thing I have always been sure of through experience, is that any "entity" that has RED EYES is not of a good origin! It is very interesting that you always had the protector feeling, and it has become a key role playing factor with your wife and her situation as well. I feel that destiny could be at work here. I know a family that has had a form of demonic entity in their house for over 20 years. A great deal of strange and wierd things go on there (the red eyes also), but the entity has not attacked anyone living there, but when they brought in a priest to cleanse the house, all hell broke loose because the entity "sensed" the intentions of the priest to remove him from the place where it resides!

My point is that now that you are in the picture with your wife, along with your taunting and intention to protect her, may be riling -up that entity. I would lay low for now, and seek some professional spiritual cleansing and help with the ongoing "haunting".

Good luck! Please update your situation with us!
marvis (guest)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
the being looks to me a demon. They usually cause such symptoms which mimic sleep apnea or difficult breathing when asleep. Also fits of umcontrollable angr. I know cause I'm being troubled by two of them with the female one being more rotten.
My life is a living hell and have also lost my younger son to this problem
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Ok I am curious why you feel that there is something protecting you but at the same time suffer from random fits of anger. Are these random fits of anger triggered by anything or are they literally "random" and have no rhyme or reason? Does the anger feel like its your own anger or more of a bipolar type of thing in you just get angery instantly for no reason? I'm not saying your bi-polar just the easiest way to describe it. I would not lean towards a protector if it is causing you literal random fits of anger. I am unclear why you feel like it is a protector, have you had issues in the past that lead you to believe this (I ask because I'm taking it as both sides of the emotional spectrum from how I am reading it)?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
JeffreyRung - I'm with BadJuuJuu here. My first thought was why the heck are you taunting it anyway? If it has been with your wife since she was a child, why would you want to make it angry?

You said you think it's afraid of you. I guess I would be too if you were acting that way toward me 😕

I also am confused as to why you seem to think your situation as a child and this one are connected.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
There are a couple of things I'm unclear on.
A, how does your wife feel about this entity? Is she afraid of it? You didn't really indicate one way or the other how she herself feels about it.
B, why on earth were you taunting it? It doesn't sound like it's trying to hurt anyone, it just seems to be there. Is there more that you haven't told us that might explain why you felt compelled to call it out?
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Hi Jeffery,

As you mentioned earler in your post, this figure has been following your wife since childhood, so the land nor the house would play a part in it which at least does rule that out.

I am inclined to go towards this presence being a guardian of some sort to your wife... Reason for me saying this is that, as you stated "He does not show up in the light or when anyone else is around. She says he always seems to keep his distance" I do stand corrected but it seems that it almost repects her if it keep its distance as it does you... On the other hand, I am also inclined to think that now it knows that you know its there, it may be getting a bit uneasy itself, almost like all these years with your wife and now there is someone else, I think this is what you are feeling, the uneasiness that it has now... Hence the tight chest and urge to get up.

I am pretty certain you will find all the help you need here in YGS.

Thanks JefferyRung, keep us posted!
Rozo

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: