You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Saw My Boyfriend As A Spirit, But He's Alive

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw My Boyfriend As A Spirit, But He's Alive

 

This morning I woke up at about 3 AM. I couldn't sleep for what ever reason. I Turned and tossed until it started to look like it was starting to get daylight outside still dark but not black outside, I was just laying in bed with my eyes closed But I was awake. I opened my eyes to see my boyfriend sitting on the floor next to our bed. [Or so I thought.]It didn't scare me at first because I thought it was actually him. I looked at him very inquisitively, But couldn't speak. He looked at me back like a confused dog or something with his head all sideways. For some reason the way he moved frightened me. I found myself leaping backwards to the other side of my bed where I felt my boyfriend lay asleep.

I thought to myself is this real? I covered my eyes with my blanket because I was so scared. I thought it was because my eyes were adjusting. When I pulled the blanket back down and looked again he hadn't moved only reached towards me. I just lay there stiff as a board I was too afraid to move or speak. He sat there in the same position for what seemed like a long time to me. The only thing that wasn't his were the eyes, They were black and white. He then layed down on the floor and was gone.

When I felt like it wasn't coming back I reached over to the light by our bed and flipped it on and just sat at the edge of our bed and wondered what just had happened to me.

I'm afraid that it will keep happening, this has never happened to me before until last night.

Someone please help me understand what this could have been? What did it want?

Someone was telling me that it was a bad thing, that other spirits like demonic things can form to look like loved ones...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KristinaK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SRCO1 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
I'm with rookdygin on this one. I think this might have been your boyfriend "projecting", and the strange look he gave you was probably disbelief that you saw him. Did you confide in your boyfriend afterwards and get his opinion on the matter?

Sounds like your boyfriend has an "ability" he hasn't shared with you, or he is under great stress in life and inadvertently it's causing him to project in his sleep and you just happened to see him when it happened.

Just a thought...
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
KristinaK- email Rook he will put your mind at rest and give you positive information x
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
KristinaK,

You asked this...

"rookdygin: Oh goodness.

Maybe I need some religion?
I used to be Mormon. I was baptized in their church. According to them I will be going to hell for sure.

Baptist christian churches, were what I originally was attending.

Does what you once believed effect these rituals?|

I think my problem is that I am angry with god, so I told myself I don't believe he's there."

Do you feel you 'need' religion?

Actually the more I think about my answer for you the more I want to say this...

Please contact me via my e-mail address that is on my profile. I ask this because our discussion of this could wax heavy on Religion before it runs its course.

I will say this here and now...

You are not... NOT going to Hell just because of your current beliefs.

I can also say this... The Cleansing/Shielding Method I have offered was developed while I was a Practicing Witch and has always been 'interchangeable' with any 'Belief System', It was first used with a Christian Family I knew that had an 'issue' in their Home (that was 23-24 years ago).

Respectfully,

Rook
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
you right [at] mod.so that non believers may benefit too. I like roo ks approach to this problem
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Rook's cleansing method is actually not based in any particular religion, and can be used effectively by Catholics, Wiccans, Satanists and anyone in between...

The most important thing is that you feel personally empowered by the ritual, and therefore, are more able to take back your own space... 😊
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
[at] kristank
Im sorry I said that I had a hunch something old and gross was happening whereas I wanted to say something uncommon had happened.
Please forgive me. There is nothing more grosser than my own soul.
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
what you believe does effect your rituals I think.
I maybe wrong but I think its best to stick to ones own religion. Rook is a christian priest
.
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
the vedas (oldest books in the world) say that there is no sin only error.
We all are like children.
We are spoilt children. We don't count our blessing. We are allways planning revenge instead.
You are demanding too much from god but not willing to part with your time for him.
No offence meant or taken.
I'm indian not a christian.
KristinaK (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
rookdygin: Oh goodness.

Maybe I need some religion?
I used to be Mormon. I was baptized in their church. According to them I will be going to hell for sure.

Baptist christian churches, were what I originally was attending.

Does what you once believed effect these rituals?|

I think my problem is that I am angry with god, so I told myself I don't believe he's there.
KristinaK (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
ibex:

May the lord protect the op.
Maybe she should place a pyramid on the roof. Burn incense and myrrh. Use sea salt in bath. Moth balls repel bad energy, coupled with pine. Should read the bible or a psalm for protection. Put up a big picture of Jesus. Pray a lot.

I do not in anyways mean to offend any religious person on here. But, I do not believe in god. However I do believe in bad spirits and good spirits. My deceased grandmother was full blood native american and a very spiritual person. I remember watching her light her incense and sage every night while she quietly reflected her day. I asked her about why she used the incense and sage and she told me she was cleansing her day and her home. She loved her God and her Jesus Christ and was faithful to them. She would tell me she was safe from harm. She was killed in her own home. At her funeral I kneeled down and asked her. "Where is god now nana?"

I just don't feel god is the answer. Maybe I'm a bad person, Or confused person.
KristinaK (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Jesus_soldier:

I do want to ask what this spirit was wearing, was it clothes that your boyfriend normally wears? Oh, I also want to ask how did he vanish. I'm guessing you could still see this spirit as it layed down?

In all honesty Jesus_soldier I was not looking at the clothes. I was focused on his face. It did not happen again tonight as I have been sleeping with the tv and lamp on. I use the noise and light for comfort, It's annoying my boyfriend though... When he layed down it appeared as though he sank into the floor.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
LouSlips, thank you for your comments on your experience with a Doppelganger spirit and your theory regarding same. That is a phenomenon that has always confused me and I trust your take on the situation given the experiences you have posted on this site. Allow me to take this opportunity to implore you to post more of your experiences. Your accounts are always fascinating and well-written.

KristinaK, I still don't think you are in any danger here. I don't believe spirits can harm us unless we let them. If you feel uneasy again, tell whatever it is you do not appreciate being scared in your own home and that your bedroom is strictly off limits. Perhaps you should also give the cleansing method a try. It will give you a sense of taking back control. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
'Dear rookies', I don't know about anybody else, but I nearly died from that. Anyway, this account is a brainstormer. I don't want to use the 'D' word (demon), because we all know that this word is stuffed in a can and kicked down the road by most members just hoping nobody opens it. I do want to ask what this spirit was wearing, was it clothes that your boyfriend normally wears? Oh, I also want to ask how did he vanish. I'm guessing you could still see this spirit as it layed down? I couldn't really tell by the story. I hope it was nothing evil and just something from your brain, or a playful spirit.

JS aka Brandon
SmokeyEyes (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
This is similar to my first experience that happened when I was about 7. It looked exactly like my best friend at the time, who was and still is very much alive. I still remember it. I was wide awake, and it was in the early evening, so I know I didn't imagine it. I still have no explaination for it, however I saw it again over 20yrs later at a house several hundred miles away, in the garden, in broad daylight. It was strange, and scared me the first time, but it didn't 'feel' bad, which is what I teach my children. If it feels bad it probably is, but that is a different feeling to being scared. I hope it doesn't frighten you like this if it visits again. It could just have been feeling nosey!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Takishima,
AHHHH! That explains why all the ghosts I see are underwear models carrying hot fudge sundaes! Thanks!

Lou
Takishima (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
I just found out something new guys.

We see what we want to see.

When KristinaK was in a state of Hypnagogia ("Mind Awake Body Asleep") she must have thought of her boyfriend at that time. Just by mere coincidence a spirit nearby was spotted by her so she saw her boyfriend. It is my theroy
That we cannot see the real form of the spirits but we see them in the form we want. It is just a theory sorry if I am wrong

This comment from ibex is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Ibex,
Hard to say what the motivation may be. It could be for attention, to get away with getting close to the OP, or merely curiousity of whatever is going on in the home. Who's to say that the spirit even meant to be seen? Maybe he was coerced into playing, "Impersonate the Living" with his spirit friends and is still low on the learning curve. They are probably still picking on him for being seen by the OP.;)

Lou
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
a very good post [at] louslips.
You mean a lost spook is impersonating her boyfriend to attract attention?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Isandhu,

We have a spirit in our home that will take the form of our daughter, on occasion. We have verified our daughter's actual location at the times of these sightings and there was no way it could have been her, for various reasons.

I believe the spirit will take the form of a loved one on occasion, in an attempt to keep from frightening the living. Which, as the OP states, does not always have the desired effect. Dopplegangers, in my opinion, are just spirits trying to disguise their activity to either mislead or comfort the living. Figuring out their intent is the key to resolution for the witness of such action.

Lou
ibex (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
no disrespect intended. You use the term imagine in the cleansing method. Substituting imagine with believe or feel may give better results. I can be wrong ofcourse. Lets see users posting there own unique systems of cleansing albiet as an exercise in creative. A ghost means a relic of the past. Let us all look forward.
Not disrespecting anyone
Yours truly
Mogambo
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Wow this is a spooky experience, I hope people's replies give you some positive thought on this incident.

Ibex - why on earth does Rook need to update his cleansing? If you swear by it, it means it works, why change/up date something if it works?!?! You update it, if your such an expert. 😲. Slightly disrespectful I feel... Sorry
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Pardon the interruption...

Ibex,

Please see my reply to you on this experience...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5020#comment

Respectfully,

Rook
twelveam (74 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
KristinaK,
I also have a few questions I would like to ask about your experience:1) Did you smell any sort of odor at the time this was happening?

This may be an obviously answered question, but I feel the need to ask anyhow-you said that it was
Just starting to get light out, and I was wondering if you had any mirrors in the room? The combination of the outside light hitting a mirror at the right angle could possibly throw a reflection elsewhere and play tricks on your eyes. Which leads me to the question of "do you awake around that time often or is it rare?" This could tell us something if you DO wake up at that time alot, and this is the first experience you have had.
Certainly a mysterious event, I really "feel" for you and how that has affected your emotions!
ibex (24 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
dear rookies
I found your cleansing method veri interesting. And I swear by it.
I would appreciate it much if you could upgrade it just a little.
Full of gratitude,
Ibex
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
Many good opinions have been offered, let me add another... One that is a combination of some of these...

If you were drifting in and out of sleep AND your boyfriend had 'projected' it may explain 'how' you were able to see him and his look of a "...confused dog or something with his head all sideways." (Your words). He was doing something he didn't understand and you 'managed' to 'see' it happening.

The whole 3am thing I believe, other than the fact it is just a TIME and has NOTHING to do with 'demons, devils or witches', has nothing to do with this 'event'. You mentioned you "...Turned and tossed until it started to look like it was starting to get daylight outside still dark but not black outside..." So 3am has no relevance other than as the time you woke up the night this happened.

I do not 'feel' you have anything to worry about. It may be that your 'subconscious mind' made contact with his 'subconscious mind' as you lay beside each other. If you are truly worried that it may have been 'something more sinister' please feel free to try this, but I do not think you really need it...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
ibex (24 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
hi everybody. I live in india and tryed the ouija board many a time and nothing ever happened. Also tried visiting so called haunted places. Again nothing.
Why are such experiences so rare in india.
And the specters so ineffective? Maybe cause we have so many temples etc eh Takshima?
ibex (24 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-28)
I don't think burial grounds are a nice place to live upon. Residual energies may be come across.
Takishima (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
It is possible that it could be a entity (something that exist by feeding in humans fear). If that's the case you have a serious problem.
KristinaK (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Takishima:

1.Did you or the others went to some place that felt odd (that feeling you had when you saw that thing)?
We haven't been anywhere that made us feel odd.

2.Did any of you go to the graveyard?
I have been to the graveyard, My grandmother was murdered last year and I visit her there.

3.Anyone did Ouija boarding? (its serious matter)?

We DO NOT ever mess with Ouija boards. I told my family members that they scared me and not to mess around with them.

4.Did any murder or unnatural death's occur near the place you live?
In the house we live in, The woman we rent from had her mother here and she actually died in the living room in a rest bed. Our housing development was built on an Indian burial ground. We have had people come and dig around our neighborhood and find artifacts. Nothing unnatural though. I don't think anyways...

I can make out what is that thing you saw if you answer the questions!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: