You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange And Unusual Happenings For Me

Real Ghost Stories

Strange And Unusual Happenings For Me

 

I currently live in rural Kentucky, and we've been at this residence for the past 7 years. It was a home placed on the vacant land; as far as I know there has never been any home on it before. I don't know the history of the land, however.

Let me say first off, I am not usually a bit sensitive. I can, at times, sense things that are negative, but as for being aware of a ghost, I wouldn't really know one was around if it came up to me and introduced itself...

But I did have a couple of odd experiences over the past few months.

The first time it happened, I had gone to bed and was laying with my back to the door. I wasn't asleep, nor was I even close to being asleep. I distinctly felt someone poke me in the back, right in the middle of my shoulder blades. Not hard, but with enough force to get my attention. I was thinking that one of the girls wanted my attention and for some reason I hadn't heard them open my bedroom door. (I have four children... All grown now except my youngest. My 2 daughters were home.)

So I turned around to see what was wanted... And there was nobody there.

Now I have to admit, my heart did start beating fast and I was a tad creeped out, not much, since I don't have much fear of the spirit world, but it did startle me. I didn't let it show, however, I just rolled back over and went on with going to sleep.

A couple of weeks later, it happened again. Again, I was still awake and alert, and again I assumed it was one of the girls. And again, nothing was there. This happened a couple more times, and while it did startle me, I didn't feel threatened or anything. It almost seemed playful.

I don't know how much after the last time I was poked that this happened, but again, I'm still awake, in bed, and heard a knocking at my bedroom door. Now, my niece and her husband lived two doors down from us and they would come over periodically to borrow something or get a cigarette or a ride or something, so I just thought that it was one of them knocking on the door in case I was still awake.

I went to the door and opened it, and nobody was there. A friend of my daughter's was in the den, right outside my bedroom door watching TV and she looked at me and when I asked her if she heard that, she asked me "Heard what?". Which answered my question.

Since things were seemingly escalating, I decided to address what was happening. I prayed, quite simply that nothing negative is permitted in my house, and that if the cause of these events weren't negative, they were welcome to stay, but if it was something negative they had to leave my house, in Jesus' name.

I haven't had any incidents since. My youngest daughter, on the other hand, is another story that I'll tell some other time...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kariorit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
"I haven't had any incidents since. My youngest daughter, on the other hand, is another story that I'll tell some other time..."

Another time soon, I hope. You can't leave us hanging for too long.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-02)
Praying is a good start and I suggest doing it as a family for a more powerful protection. I have to agree with the other posters that sometimes the wording of your prayer could push the spirit away from you onto another family member. I suggest doing Rook's cleansing and keeping the journal. Keep us updated and would like to hear what your daughter is going though. Good luck.
kingfish (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Thank you so much for this post. You have no idea how much I needed to see this. I've been having the same experiences the past six or seven months now. The only difference is I'm having my ear poked/tugged. I too thought it was one of my children and I reacted just as you did. A few weeks ago it spoke very loudly. It really scared my wife. I haven't shared the touching thing with anyone until now. Who would believe it, right? My lack of knowledge of this is what brought me to this site. I'm trying to educate myself I guess. I don't know what to do about it. I've been debating on whether or not to post my story. I can't seem to make myself do it. I think about it all the time and just start laughing at myself for how ridiculous it sounds. Again, thanks for sharing. You've actually made my day. Take care now.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
I have a standing rule based on a verse in the bible. That "no evil shall come nigh thy dwelling" which translated means that nothing evil is allowed near where I live. That's residence, property, anything near where I live.

My daughter was having some trouble in her room, I was going to tell the whole tale, but suffice it to say that after I went through the house burning sage, praying and running out unwanted spirits.

I spent a lot of time in her room, since she did spend a lot of time getting into bed with me. Her reasoning was that "they don't come in your room, Mom."

Since the sage burning, there hasn't been any incidents at all... I need to clear the clutter in the house, and air it out as rook recommends.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
I have read the homw cleansing from rook before and I have since this time burned sage and went thruout the house, since the other side of the house still had some activity.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Kariorit
I concur with my fellow posters. Not showing fear does not mean an entity cannot sense your anxiety. Also, as my friend Tim has mentioned to me, if you get a bad feeling off of something, make it known that you wish that entity gone from your house, not just from yourself, do not leave your feelings open to interpretation, as a loophole can be found.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
I have to say that although you did not show fear does not mean that the entity could not sense it since spirits have the ability to do so.

I also believe that you should listen to rooks advice about the home cleansing/shielding it will help you.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
kariorit

Heed Rookdygins advice. Since you live in a rural area and you do not know the history of the land you can't just say a simple prayer. You say that since the night that you said the prayer nothing more has happened to you but your youngest daughter, on the other hand, is another story that you'll tell another time. Have you considered that you have simply transferred this spirit onto her? Yes. This is possible. You just advised this spirit to leave you alone. You invited it to stay if it was not a negative spirit. NEVER EVER invite a spirit to stay! Just because it is presenting itself a a harmless spirit that may not be the case!
Please share your daughters experiences as soon as possible. Remember to keep that journal.

Regards,

Redwolf
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
kariorit,

A Journal would help keep events in order and allow you to record all the details while they are still fresh in your mind.

By doing so you enable yourself to have a good look at each 'odd' experience and debunk them one at a time.

You 'cast out' the negative energy/spirits in the Name of Christ... The way you worded it was like this...

"...but if it was something negative they had to leave my house, in Jesus' name."

Did you then ask Christ to Shield your home from these energies/spirits? His name carries Great Weight... And you can do many things with-in your Faith by calling on Him... But if all you did was cast them out, it leaves things 'open' for their return. Please try this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
ibex (24 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
looks like your prayers were aanswered. Nice to know that you have rid yourself of the mischievous entity which could have created
problems for you in the long run
Best wishes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: