You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Face On My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Face On My Bed

 

This happened a few years ago during the Halloween season. I was up late one night watching a horror movie marathon. My cat was sitting in the window looking out over our front yard. In our front yard we only have one thing: a tree. This tree is not so old, because when we moved in it was a little bigger than a sapling. By the time this story took place it was already the size it is now: huge.

While watching the movies, my cat started meowing in a threatening kind of way and started hissing. I pulled away the curtain and stroked him to calm him down, but he wouldn't stop. I looked in the direction he was looking in (the tree) and for a fleeting moment I thought I saw a man standing there. Just a shadow person with his hands in his pockets. I backed away from the window so quickly and called my Dad to go look. He found nothing. We even scanned the front yard to see if there aren't any stray cats that would make our cat feel the way he did.

Please note that while my Dad and I were searching the yard the cat kept doing what he was doing and staring at the tree. The cat, however, kept making the same noises for a long time after I switched off the TV. He definitely sensed something and went into territorial mode. I feel there was something there and the way the cat behaved just backs up what I think. My father put it down to my eyes playing tricks on me after watching horror movies.

Every now and then our new cats will also look out the window at night and stare at the tree. Sometimes behaving like they're threatened and sometimes just staring intently.

One day I was sitting at the dining room table doing something. I was sitting with my back facing the hallway. When you look directly down the hallway you can see half of my door and into my room. From that angle you can also see my bed. I turned in my chair to switch the TV on, but while doing this something made me look down the hallway. On my bed I see the face of an Indian guy. It was so dark that I could barely make out his features, but it was definitely there. I turned away and blinked a few times to see if it wasn't just my eyes. I looked back and it was still there. I didn't like this very much. I didn't feel threatened or afraid. It just felt like he was in my private space and I didn't want him there. I wasn't brave enough to go to the room so I just got up and went to sit on the couch and watched some TV.

Please note that the Indian I refer to is not Native-American. Indian as in someone from Dubai. I hope that doesn't come across as racist. If so I apologize.

Other hauntings by Shlain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shlain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

batVkitty (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
I believe your story because otherwise why would your kitty start hissing randomly, right? Animals sense things that we can't! Or maybe because cats can see in the dark and maybe saw some fly or I don't know. I think it also depends if you are aware of these things or no.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Vidya, Wow! That's very profound of you. You point out some good things. What need do you think they want filled? Many people believe they appear dark as its the only way to manifest, because of their limited energy. I do not think they pay much heed to HOW dark they appear. Unless you mean dark as in evil or bad?

Perhaps this entity is sad and pathetic in that it clings to its past and can't/refuses to move on.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Maybe if they do not know the degree of how messed up they really are, then they are not really out to scare anyone... They are just miserable souls who do not know how to help themselves, and "scare" others being so pathetic and needy for others to HELP them, being so desperate that they just have to appear as a last resort of finding a last piece of hope from someone who is perhaps not so selfish, and terrified, that would actually reach out to them...

I believe they are much more frightened of themselves (because they cannot face themselves or handle their own problems) than we are of them.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
I wonder if the shadow figures even know that they are so dark?

I doubt it, since they usually seem very lost, empty, needy etc.

That's why they appear for someone to fill a need perhaps, but if they are not aware of how dark they are how can they know they have a "need" for someone to fill?

I am just saying and wondering because they seem so miserable and don't know what their freakin' problem is in the first place... Maybe they want for others to point it out?! Thus they do not seem self-aware at all to be able to identify their own problems, and that's sad!
spectravondergeist (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
I know how you feel (sort of) my little brother used to do that in a certain part of my old house I'm sure its haunted that house but I have moved now and my Little brother would avoid that part of the living room and he would cry and scream if mum put him in his high chair facing that part of the room 😕
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
Oh my goodness, like I said I apologise if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intention.

Thanks for commenting and giving your opinions. I'm willing to consider everything that is said.

I don't think just because I was watching horror movies that it was my imagination. If everyone who ever had a paranormal experience before, after or during a horror movie had their experience written off as imagination then half the stories out there should be debunked.

My Dad and I did go outside to search. We have high concrete walls with metal ivy around the tops so if it was a tresspasser he couldn't have gotten away so soon unless he flew over the wall.

We did look in and around the tree as my Dad's initial thought was that it was a tresspasser and he wanted to be thorough.

Even though it was dark outside doesn't mean it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Spirits and other entities have been known to appear or haunt at night time.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Shlain: I'm sorry ❤...I really didn't mean to be mean, but that struck me as funny, too...

I tend to agree with newhunter and Ari, that perhaps your eyes were playing tricks on you...
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
I agree with newhunter30 that you should rule out all normal reasons first before looking for the paranormal.

It was night time. Was dark outside. Might have been a man in your yard who walked away when you backed away to call your father.
Did you check the tree? Even if you did, a predators eye for detail can never be matched with a humans.

I'll give you food for thought;
One night my dog starts barking out of the blue at a time when he never barks. It sounds as if he's scolding someone. Territorial threats. I go out and he stops for a while. I come inside he starts again. I go out again and search the compound;nothing.I see him stare at something above the pillar on which my gates are hung. But I don't see anything. I found out later what it was though...
Any ideas?

Regards
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
😆 😆 😆
Shlain, you mean someone from Dubai, United Arab Emirates?

5050505050
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Dear Shlain,
You made me laugh so hard, oh it hurts my sides 😆How ignorant!
"Indian as in someone from Dubai"
I'll love you for that ❤

Regads
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Shlain I must say that when someone says "I was up late one night watching a horror movie marathon" I normally think that it was there mind from watching horror movies. I am leaning to that is probably what has happened here for a few reasons. You stated that in both cases it was dark which I must say can cause things to look differently or just flat out look like something is there due to shadows. The other thing that tends to make me feel this way is you said you and your dad scanned the front yard to see if there was anything out there. You all could have easily missed something in the dark (I assume you all just looked around and did not go out and look around) and you did not mention that you all looked IN the tree where a cat or many other animals may have been hiding. This is just my opinion and I mean no disrepect.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: