You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost Under The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost Under The Bed

 

When I was younger, I used to live in a house that had 4 bedrooms. One for me, one for my grandparents, one for my mom, and the other was a spare room but since my "Great Grandma" used to stay over a lot, we named it "Great Grandma's Room" (she passed away years before). For some ODD reason, my grandmother put all my clothes in a drawer in my great grandmother's room. At the time I didn't mind, I was young and the more space in my room, the better. Until one day...

My grandparents and I had just gotten back from the old country buffet. It was getting pretty late. As soon as I got home I ran into the bathroom. Then decided that I should maybe change my clothes and get ready for bed. I decided "Hey! Since the whole house is pitch black, I could walk and get my clothes naked". I took all my clothes off and kicked them behind the bathroom door and proceeded down the hallway in the dark (to remind you its pitch black, no lights were on). I got to my great grandma's room and reached around for the dresser. Trying to remember where everything was, counting the drawer handles to make sure I'm getting the right clothes- something caught my eye from under my great grandma's bed.

I looked and the bed sheets that hang off the bed frame, were flickering and were curved just a little as if someone was peeking. I adjusted my vision. And I saw a glowing white pale face looking right at me. The bed sheets were moving because its hand was moving the sheets to peek at me. I screamed like no other, I flew straight out my house naked.

I had told my mother and grandparents what I had seen. They went back into the room and found nothing. There was nothing under the bed at all. The sheets weren't even messed up.

I stood outside naked for at least one hour before going back inside. That was my first encounter out of many.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NasCudi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NasCudi (1 stories) (4 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
I'm 20 Years old now. If you think I'm makin this story up, I can reassure you this is real. But idc, I know its true and I'm sticking to it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
NasCudi,

Here I was walking away and then you 'tossed' out this statement...

"i thought this was my story about my experience of first seeing a paranormal entity. Not how my someone comfort me after witnessing what I did."

Fact: That is just what this is supposed to be... You first 'experience' of witnessing something Paranormal.

Fact: You did a huge build up concerning how/why you ended up in your backyard NAKED.

Fact: (quoted from your 'STORY'...)

"I had told my mother and grandparents what I had seen. They went back into the room and found nothing. There was nothing under the bed at all. The sheets weren't even messed up.

I stood outside naked for at least one hour before going back inside."

Fact: You can give me negative Karma all day, I do not give a Rats A55 I truly do not, but I am allowed to give my opinion on each 'published submission' to this web site. My opinion is based on the FACTS provided within the original submission as well as any others the O/P may offer after questions have been asked.

My Opinion based on the FACTS you have provided is that I do not believe this 'STORY'...3 Adults... You say you told 3 ADULTS... That you saw a face under the bed... This caused you to run screaming from the house, NAKED, and not one of these ADULTS (Your Mother, Grandfather or Grandmother) not one of them tried to comfort you or even brought out a blanket, robe or PJ's for you to put on.

Common Sense says that at least one of them would have been worried enough about you to say with you, ask questions abut what happened and would have wanted to cover your NAKED body...

But hey, hat is just MY OPINION based on the facts you have provided. So please fell free to DOWN VOTE away because I do not believe it is perfectly fine to leave a 'freaked out 12 year old standing NAKED in the... How did you put it... Oh Yes like this...

"I ran out the back and I stood outside my yard. Which is pretty private considering high wooded fences and patio."

Yup 'pretty private' makes all the difference... Lets let the 12 year old stay outside NAKED...

Sorry, I'm just not 'buying this one'. That is my final OPINION and I'm sticking to it.

Respectfully,

Rook
NasCudi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
i thought this was my story about my experience of first seeing a paranormal entity. Not how my someone comfort me after witnessing what I did.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
NasCudi,

With all due respect I can understand that you were so scared you ran out of the house NAKED, that you were to scared to go back into the house, I get these things, I actually understand that.

What bothers me is that your Mother and Grandparents let a NAKED 12 year old stand in your "pretty private" backyard for an HOUR... I find it hard to believe no one brought you a Robe or even a Blanket? No one stayed with you and tried to comfort you?

So thank you for the added details, but sorry I find its time to simply walk away.

Respectfully,

Rook
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Well there we go. Info straight from the horse's mouth. I agree with some commentors that taking a dash through the house, in the dark, in your birthday suit after a shower (for example) isn't such a strange thing. I do it! I just make sure where the other occupants of the house are. I walk in the dark at night when I use the bathroom/get a drink of water because I know my house. Feeling for something in the dark is that strange.

When someone is afraid or gets a sudden fright why is it odd that he would run outside naked? When something like this happens, fight or fleeing (flight?) Kicks in and you run not thinking of clothing.

I myself have seen a glowing entity. 'GLOWING' is the best way to describe it. So reading that he saw a glowing face isn't an odd occurence in the paranormal world.

To the O/P: hop you'll share the other hauntings with us soon 😉
NasCudi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Also, I did not want to go back inside. It's not like my parents weren't doing nothing about it. I was so shocked from what I seen, I did not want to go back inside.
NasCudi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
I was maybe around, I want to say 12. I didn't run out the front door. I ran out the back and I stood outside my yard. Which is pretty private considering high wooded fences and patio. My whole family knew I was outside, cause I ran through the while house screaming my way outside. The room was pitch black, the face was glowing. And no I didn't have no cats. This house has many many many hauntings. Which I will post more about.
JulesVNess (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
I agree with Christine_Pandora. Who hasn't in their lives thought they could get away with a quick naked run, which rarely works out. I love this story, I just think there is much more to hear.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Maybe this is just a reminder from beyond that everything you do is SEEN from the other world outside of this one.

You can do nothing without it getting monitored by "unseen entities" in other realms.

So you can do anything here as long as you can stand by your decisions you made here on the other side without shame or wanting to put blame on others when it was all you running the show or playing the game. And if you can stand proud as a killer, criminal, liar or even thief at the Gates Of Heaven then you have no problem taking responsibility for your actions.

The other side always demands personal accountability, and maybe the other side is making you think on where you want to end up or as what type of person.

I like the other comment on here "running outside for the whole world to see what God gave you"... If you can stand naked in the Light... Or if you want to hide in the dark, maybe a question "are you proud of who you are? Why hide?".
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Type error *wouldn't be able to have exciting debates. &&& *
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Hi I am not wanting to prolong the discussion we have all had about the "naked child" but Rook you didn't use the "troll" word Shlain mentioned it first ",I don't think having a different opinion makes a person a troll", my stating of saying the word troll was out of order was to Shlain. Utmost respect to everyone, we all have differences of oppinion which makes us all different and if not we would be able to have exciting. Debates on here haha it's a nice community on here, like a little family. Anyway Merry Christmas everyone, not sure if anyone mentioned that yet, and happy new year to everyone and everyone who may not celebrate Christmas, (see what I did there... A diverse celebration comment, so it can be aimed at everyone, ho...ho...ho!) X
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
ah, but it seems the "nature" of an internet troll has been lost a bit, over the years. Think of throwing your line out over the side of a boat as it cruises through the water. You're waiting for a fish to grab the bait. Voicing your opinion- even loudly, does not necessarily make one a troll. Posting a fake story, knowing it will generate controversy- fits much better. (I'm not saying this is the case here, just saying)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
To Whom it may concern:

I meant 'no offence' with this comment...

"...our Driver/DJ climbs aboard the Fabulous Ghost Searching/Troll Busting Double Decker Bus the Miss Demeanor and drives off into the Sunrise."

I was merely attempting to concede the point that we are all entitled to our own opinions and I also RESTATED why I felt the way I do concerning this 'story'. So if you felt like I was calling you a TROLL, then I am sorry for the confusion my comment has caused. The reason I mentioned the 'Miss Demeanor' had everything to to with it being the end of my shift and the fact I feel this story is...well...just that a 'story'. (Please type in the Buses name in the site search engine to see examples of what I mean...)

Differing Opinions lead to Debate, Through Good Debate Facts are reveled, As Facts are reveled the Truth Emerges, When Truth Emerges we are all Enlightened just a 'WEE' bit more. So I am all for Differing Opinions.

HappySpirit,

I was born and raised in Houston Texas, I know about hot summers and knew a Family with the same relaxed attitude towards toddlers and clothes... But those toddlers were never left unattended for an hour especially if they had gone crying/screaming to Mom or any other Adult in the Family.

Respectfully,

Rook
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Cfinnegan - Is it odd that I actually understood all of that? Haha 😆

I think opinions on the story are good as we are meant to help the O/P and discuss the experience either because we'd like to know more on the facts and details so we can get a "personal" feel for the situation or just because it's sparked out curiosity.

I have read comments from both Rook and Shlain and have found them both to have a very clear mind and expanded way of thinking - Two very intelligent people who just disagree on something.
We can politely question why someone would have a view on a story just like why we would politely question the O/P however when the words 'I doubt' or 'It was' get thrown around on this site is when 'Tiffs' start.
And trust me I saw no trolling what so ever and most of my friends are very big trolls at times - Which i'm not too keen on...

I would also like to state that you can get very mature kids or teenagers with a lot of common sense so even though our imaginations may be a little too out of control with all the junk food and horror movies please don't use our age as a main factor to choose which side of the fence you will be on...😊
Remember that study shows the younger you are the more innocent or more likely you are to experience such things too.
However let's leave it as Rook's opinion and Shlain's opinion and each to our own 😊

My personal opinion to me is that maybe this person just didn't write this out correctly but it seems there may have been a black out or that it may have been late so everyone went to bed, the O/P changed their mind about having a shower and decided they'd prefer to go to bed and to not wake their family with the lights he chose to walk in the dark (Or had the shower and got changed back into the dirty clothes to get to their "Great Grandmother's Room" then change into something clean) either way they got to the room naked (You can't tell me you've never tried the 'Oh i'll just run to my room cause no one will see me' trick haha I know I have) and then they noticed something (Which I don't think anyone has made an opinion on what it could be yet) maybe a demon/spirit/creature I don't know - And then they made the dash outside which honestly as long as I had somewhere to hide like behind a car in a carport i'd stay out there naked!

I would like more depth into the story before deciding what I believe first though:)
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
When I was a young teen a family lived down the street from me with 4 kids and the parents had a very very casual attitude about things. The youngest (toddler) ran around naked and nothing was said (this was in the South so it was warm much of the time) and the rest of the crew were pretty wild. I'm not competent to judge the validity of this story but not sure a naked child remaining outside for over an hour necessarly invalidates it as a truthful account. Sounds like that family down the road from me...
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Shlain ignoring what rook has said about him running screaming through the house (running down stairs would add to the noise of the screaming) is almost like saying"right let's say there's no gravity or friction"

We all have our opinions, but getting annoyed over someone's opinion that your opinion isn't a very good opinion, then stating that we can all state our opinion even though your opinion opposed another's opinion, means that everyones opinion on opinions is hypocritical.

No bad intentions intended, and waiting for mass confusion to follow.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Sorry danika... Reading it over it looks as if I copied your first line? Really, I didn't! 😊

Zeta.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Wow how terrifying for you but my question is; why did you not turn on the light in the room rather than "counting drawer handles"? Also, did you have any cats in the house that could have been hiding under the sheets. You don't say how old you were when this happened. Can you tell us?

Anyway...I can understand why you stood outdoors for the whole world to see what the good lord gave you... I would have too had I seen something such as that at a young age.

Thanks, zeta.
danika (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
WOW! That must have been terrifying! Hope you're okay now though:)
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Having to agree with Cohendy as well. You jumped right into my part on the fence! (double-ouch)! Was also going to say, even though it is incredibly hard to believe no one consoled the OP while searching the house, they might of called to them but he/she was simpily too scared to come back in. I don't understand why the OP thought it was ok to stroll around the occupied house naked though? Even at a young age, I'd still feel self consious.
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+5
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
May I step in and jump right on... The fence. (ouch)

Considering the O/P did not state his age at the time, we have no idea how mature he was. So let's say it was a hot night in Illinois, in a rather secluded house, and he did not go back home, not because his parents wouldn't care but maybe because he blatantly refused to do so.

After all, if they took the pain to go check, they might have been "negotiating" with him so he would accept to get back into the house instead of jumping around in the garden like a rabid monkey (I have never met a rabid monkey, and I don't think there are a lot roaming around in Illinois but that's the first image that came to my mind.)

As for what really happened inside the pitch black room, well, I'll go with Logan (the fence was getting uncomfortable), unless the moon was shining right on the bed and nowhere else in the room (granted the curtains were open) it can only mean that the entity was glowing in the dark?

I guess I'll have a seat in the waiting room now and hope NasCudy will come and clarify his account. (or *her* account, hard to say.)
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
lovely 😊 as long as we're all happy and no one is annoyed 😆 (deep breath!)
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Ok, but I'm entitled to express my opinion like everyone else. If someone else's opinion doesn't coincide with mine I don't get upset. If someone else's opinion doesn't agree with mine I don't get anoyed and post things like:

" (Pinching the bridge of his nose between his left index finger and thumb and holding his right hand up as if to say 'Whatever'; our Driver/DJ climbs aboard the Fabulous Ghost Searching/Troll Busting Double Decker Bus the Miss Demeanor and drives off into the Sunrise...) "

I agree with most of rooks comments, but I won't always share his views.

The same thing applies to you guys who do share your views with rook, but that doesn't anoy me.

To each his own.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Yeah it just reminds me of the "facebook trolls and they are completely deranged, because they target people with evil comments. This is a good story but I am not sure about it either, sorry. I also wouldn't walk around anywhere naked if there were other people in the house or not! What if they had come upstairs and turned the light on... How embarrassing!
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
hiya samtillie 😆 you're right, it's best not to throw the word troll around, it tends to get people in a bit of a tizz, and no one is on here for an argument.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Worried-Brit-Chick
Right on sister... Haha. Nice to see a fellow brit x
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
I ahtgreed with Rook, I don't think he is being negative and using the word "troll" is abit out of order. Plus everyone is right when they are saying they wouldn't leave a child outside, hysterical or not. If the o/p was that hysterical I am surprised the neighbour's didn't hear/do anything... Like call the police. I for one confronted with the sight of a naked child outside being hysterical, when it's late and dark would be very worried for their wellbeing, vulnerability and lastly what on earth was wrong/or happened. Naked, hysterical child outside when its late and dark... Is not a normal sight. (I bow and thank you lol-only joking).
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
now now, let's all get along... I don't think anyone is attacking you for your opinions Shlain, like you said we're all entitled to think differently and express that on here. Take a deep breath x
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
Rook, as far as I know trolls bring negativity to the site and considering this one story you're the one behaving negatively, because of my opinion which I'm entitled to give.

That's all!

My apologies for drifting slightly off the topic of the story.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-11)
As far as I know we're all alowed to express our opinions whether they differ or not. We don't all have to agree with you. I don't think having a different opinion makes a person a troll.

Like I said; you don't give him the benefit of th doubt, but I do. That's all.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: