You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: It Wanted To Possess Me?

Real Ghost Stories

It Wanted To Possess Me?

 

This happened to me in 2009. I was working in quality certification company based in Coimbatore which is a city in southern part of India. This place is 60 km from my home.

When I joined, I used to commute to and fro in my motorbike. I used to love those rides as I love riding bike. I used to start at 7 in the morning and reach home back by 9 pm or so. I traveled to work in this fashion for more than 3 months despite my mother's disapproval. After a long argument my mother won and, as per her wish, I decided to rent a room near to my office. I found a cheap hotel that would accommodate me if I paid rent on monthly basis. I checked out the room where I would be spending 5 days in a week. I found the room kind of livable, so I decided to move in asap.

Let me explain about the room I got. It was single room with an attached bathroom, a king sized bed, a table, chair and an old television and was situated in the second floor of the building, over looking an array of shops as the hotel was situated in a highly populated part of the city. I moved in and arranged my stuff and got ready and went off to work. I came back at 8 pm after spending time with my co-workers. Once I reached the hotel I understood that there is no proper lighting on the stairways leading to my room and the corridors were dimly lit too. It didn't bother me much at that point of time as I was tired and wanted to rest a bit before going out to get some dinner. After a bath I felt fresh and went downstairs. Near to the hotel I saw eatery and had my dinner, came back to my room. Before going to bed I noticed that even after switching off the lights there was light coming thought the window despite of it being closed. As I am afraid of sleeping in new places I felt a little relaxed as there was some light in the room. I slept with out any trouble.

After a month of stay I got quite comfortable with the room. One day I went out for a movie with my girlfriend and after taking her back to her house, I came back to my room. Before going to sleep I felt a bit of suffocation, so I decided to open the windows. I did that and made my bed and was checking Facebook in my laptop and felt asleep. I was not asleep but in a state which can be said as half awake and half asleep (hope that doesn't sound naive) and all of a sudden I felt something heavy on my chest. I opened my eyes and could see a dark figure hovering over me, it was like sitting on my chest. I tried to use my hands to push that thing of my chest but was unsuccessful, then tried to get up but again it was as if I can't move any part of my body. I tried to ask, "Who are you?" but the sound coming out from my mouth was, "Woooaaaauuuu." Meanwhile the weight on my chest was increasing. I started to pray to lord Shiv in my mind. Then I started reciting hanuman chalisa. After three or four lines, I felt the weight was reducing and I could breathe better. I could see the black figure kind of retracting away and this gave me some hope and I prayed hard. After couple of minutes, which I felt like an eternity, this black figure just slid past out of the window.

As soon as it left, I could move again. I quickly jumped out of the bed and closed the window, then switched on the lights. I just couldn't sleep so I packed my bag and left to my home. My mother was surprised to see me at 4 am in the morning, but when I narrated the incident she quickly did some prayers for me after lighting a pooja lamp. In the morning she took me to a holy person who gave me a thread which I had to wear in my right arm. After that she said that I am safe and nothing would harm me anymore. I was so terrified but I have faith in God, so that thought pacified my fear.

I did go back to the room after a week. This time I took some holy stuff that my mother got from the nearby temple and tied them in front of the door and the window. I stayed in that room for 3 more months and with God's grace never had any other encounters.

Later, when I spoke to the guy in the eatery regarding this, he said that the floor where I stayed had only one occupant and that was me. As no one dared to live in that floor as there had been couple of suicides in the adjoining rooms. And many times, people who have lived their experienced weird phenomenon just the way I had.

Even now I am confused thinking what was the entity that tried to haunt me that night. And another thing is I had stayed there for quite some time before that incident and I had never felt any thing creepy. May be it was some dark spirit which wanted to possess me. Thanks for reading. Do share your views. Cheers.

Other hauntings by billyak18

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, billyak18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Singha2014 (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
I thought, when you have a pure mind and body (keeps protecting you) as your aura changed with your thought. As you mentioned you went for movie with girl friend may be this is the reason. I have same experience, My old company where I used to work at night there is a place where (sofa set) we used to sleep. But whoever try to sleep there experience the same incident. But that not happen to me, once night I thought I was not pure with body and I slept there and this happen to me also. When the entity came to me I heard his voice.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
When you have complete faith in God in your case in the God of Gods Himself any evil spirit is in reality a slave of yours and not above your command.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
I too am a veteran of many sp's.
Sp can happen any where. Some happened to me while sitting in prayer.
Some sps, when I was stressed physically or mentally.
So,all sps maynt be unpleasant.
Whenever I have an sp that its just a dream and tell myself not to panic. This helps me and I wake up and roll over to my right side.
For the uninitiated_sleep on your back and place your right hand on your chest. If your lucky you may have one lol
But the images and the panic it generates may scare you outta your skin.
Some sps precede astral travel.
Astral travel is easy. Just relax deeply. Forget your worries and forgive every act of unkindness done to you. Be grateful for your blessings.
You will soon leave your shell behind.
Peace 😁
MrJV545 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
Billy,
I don't believe the suicides or previous occurrences are relevant to yours, otherwise you'd be having some serious poltergeist activity or touches all the time. Fortunately for you, all you had is an episode of sleep paralysis. You were correct and not the least bit naive when you said you were half awake and half asleep. During sleep paralysis, your subconscious is generating your dream and shutting off your muscles' ability to contract (so you won't act out your dream). Your breathing also gets much slower. When you're half awake in sleep paralysis, this dream turns into a panic as your subconscious assumes you can't move because you're being attacked or held down, which is the phenomenon you experienced, called the "Old Hag". Your mind also generates physical entities to make sense of exactly WHAT is doing this to you. This is not a rare occurrence; you're perfectly safe and just have to let it pass.
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
bro billy
I got this reading _
Dont give up your god for anything else in the world.
Its your lord hanuman who has allways stood by you and provided for you.
He wanted to rekindle your faith through this experience and subsequent write up.
The choice is yours of course.
Peace to you brother.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Dear billyak18,

What you experienced was a bout of sleep-paralysis.
Do not be scared, it has happened to my mother too and is not paranormal.
For reference watch The Entity
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDooXnO94YI
Thanks for sharing.

Regards
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Hello Sarah,

You are welcome Sarah and thank you for the comments. Actually before my encounter, my mother also had a similar experience when she was younger. She didn't
Tell me about that when it happened to me. But spoke
About it recently. As she thought I would be terrified. Well this thing happened to one of my friends too. He was holidaying with his wife in a resort and he also had a similar experience as mine. Thanks for sharing your mothers experience. Take care.

Regards,
Billy
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Hi Rev-Holmes,

Thanks, yeah hanuman chalisa is a prayer, I recited it when the entity tried to attack me. I used to recite it every night before going to sleep, but now I stopped it as I am not a vegan any more. Nice to know that you visited coimbatore, its a beautiful place. I am currently working in muscat, Oman.

As you said it can be a Rakshasa or Yamdoot, I will never know and I never want to you. One mistake I did was I didn't have any thing related to god in that room, I mean a photo or even holy bhasmam that hindus apply on their forehead. May be because of that the entity tried to attack me.

Billy
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Shlain,

Thank you, it did work fine. Nothing bad happened after that. And as you said the hotel owner did know that some thing unearthly used to happen in the floor where I stayed, but was scared to lose a customer so he didn't mention that to me.

Regards,
Billy
billyak18 (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Hi Tamz89,

Thank you, well I was not brave that day as I fled from there within minutes of the encounter. But I believe that god is powerful than any dark spirits so once I got blessed and the holy thread on my arm I felt secured. Most of the people in my country who are skeptical about paranormal say that having a holy thread will only give you a psychological feeling that you are protected, but it worked just fine for me.

I did talk to the landlord after that and he assured me that no one who has stayed in the room committed suicide and it was the adjoining room where it happened. And he also requested me not to publicize this as it would harm the repute of their hotel. Later I came to know that this hotel is frequented by people who indulge in prostitution.

Besides that, my work timings where thus that I never got time to interact with others who were staying there. Luckily I was not harmed. So I just thank god.

Also I have posted few more stories which you can read. Take care, have a great time.

Cheers,
Billy
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
it was a rakshasa. Its intentions were to kill you. Thing had made the hotel rooms his favourite haunt for some reason. Your lucky to be alive. That's my reading of the matter. I can be wrong though. The entity closely resembles a yamdoot too.
Peace
Sarah1978 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
That has happened to my mom awhile back, she was lying in bed with her boyfriend, and she got woken up by a really bad pressure on her chest and she could not talk or move, and she sure felt a presents there on top of her, she did try to say out loud to her boyfriend but NO sound would come out of her mouth... She has always had a presents around her, I believe you 100% I my self had a few encounters... Thanks for your story... Sarah
Rev-Holmes (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
hanuman chalisa is a prayer not a holy item.
If you want to exorcise a demon or an army of them the hanuman chalisa is the thing you need. It never disappoints.
I have visited coimbatore. I found it cool.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
True, businesses think business first. I would give the landlord a piece of my mind though! Or insist on discount rate for my rent lol

The question is: Did the previous tenants stick around long enough to inform the new ones? 😉
tamz89 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Hi Shlain,

Seems a bit silly considering the fact that if anything serious and of a paranormal nature happened to a tenant and the person was not informed of the potential risk beforehand, the landlord/lady faces the possibility of gaining a bad reputation (at the very least). Rather be upfront and honest, and let potential customers make up their own minds. Seriously, all people care about nowadays is money.

Anyway, completely off topic.

Billyak18, have you done any further research on the hotel?

Regards,
Tam
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Billyak18, I agree with tamz that you are very brave. I'm glad your holy items worked.

Tamz, sometimes people (especially landlords) tend not to tell residents as it would cause them to lose business if the tenant decided not to rent because of the info.

Thanks for sharing.
tamz89 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Hi Billyak18,

Thanks for sharing your story. You seem to be really brave. If it was me, I would have grabbed my stuff and never gone back!

One thing that I don't understand though. If people had committed suicide there and others had experienced these strange occurrences before you, why did they not mention it when you moved in?

Just seems like the kind of information they should share.

Anyway, please share more of your experiences!

Take care,
Tam

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: