You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Strange Knocking In The Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Knocking In The Bedroom

 

My mother died very sudden and fast in January 2000 on a cold Friday Morning, by Tuesday we had her buried. I was staying in her house keeping my Father company along with my two children. The next day my children went up to visit their uncle not far away and my Father had things to do so my neice and I remained at the house. I was still numb with shock and a headache to match. My niece, who was fifteen at the time, had Mtv on (a music station) she had it blarring and I gave out to her to turn it down as a mark of respect to my Mother.

All of a sudden we heard loud knocking up above us, we turned down the music, it was coming from my Mother's bedroom. I began to climb the stairs with my niece hiding behind me. I thought it was a burgular and was quite scared, when we heard three knocks at the door. My niece ran down the stairs opened the door and left me there. I stood on the landing shaking and then it dawned on me. It was my Mother warning my niece to turn down the music as this was her house. I laughed out loud ' ok Mum you got your message accross'. I sat back downstairs and heard like someone walk across the floor and get into bed.

Later that evening my Father rang me, he had not been in the bedroom since my Mother died but had to get something, when he entered the room, the blankets on her side of the bed were pulled back and her locker door was open. I lied and said he had done it ealier when I was there, but we both knew no one had gone into that room since she died.

My Mother was a very house proud lady, she was a strict Cathloic and had rules for her house so I was not surprized that she told my niece off even in death.

Other hauntings by spiritwolfdancer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwolfdancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-17)
Hi Rook, thank you for clearing that up for me, I was getting worried there for a minute that op was old person haha, I'm far from old. 😆
nikkikki (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-11)
I've read through your posts and I find them interesting. Have you considered the possibility that you're sensitive? Also, I think it's wonderful that your mother is still letting you know that she's around. Several of my family members that have passed on still visit me in dreams just to let me know that they're still around. It's a great comfort. I look forward to hearing more from you! -Nikki
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-08)
O/P = Original Poster its a 'shorthand' way for referring to the individual who wrote the experience.

I hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Rook
spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-08)
Hi I have a question for Casper, you keep refearing to me as op in your comments, could you tell me what that means. I do hope it not old person because I am far from old 😁
spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
Hi Casper, thank you for your comments, I don't need anyone to tell me if it was my Mother's spirit because I know it was. I always have been able to sence if there is evil in people or indeed spirit and I felt very happy as well as amused the day of the knocking. She was a very old fashioned cathloic lady and even to this day which is almost 13yrs now she is still with me. I am her youngest after all and I'm just like her as a Mother, I'm never too far away from my children. Thank you again for what you said and to anyone elce who added their comments
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
You don't want to be like me vidya_amani? You would prefer to be so knowing about everything, unwilling to learn? Also, I'm sure spiritwolfdancer needs some confirmation it is their (unsure of your gender OP sorry! 😳) mother as it is reassuring to know she is still around and yet you keep insisting it is of a negative entity.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
Casper

In the afterlife anything is possible and spirits can come to deceive people.

Especially for her to come and tell this story about her mother, for people to believe that this is possible.

It may be possible but it also cannot be the case.

It depends on what demons intend to do with this message or occurrence, for her to tell it or for it to end up with which audience.

It may or may not be her mother. And therein lies a lesson, your gullibility would cost you dearly.

I know what type of person you too are in life, someone I do not want to be... For you will walk into fire with open eyes not even knowing what is happening to you until it is too late.

Maybe this is a type of message her mother would like to share with her "appearance".

"Look before you leap", "question before trusting"...

Yeah maybe very friendly with a TWIST!
tamz89 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
Hi Spiritwolfdancer,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I agree with Narella that this was your mother making sure that her rules were still being followed. However, I also believe that after someone dies, especially if their death happened unexpectedly or suddenly, that they might also need some time to realize or come to terms with this fact.

Thank you once again for sharing this story. It was very comforting to read this and be reminded that those who have passed on are not completely gone.

Take care,
Tam
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-15)
Spiritwolfdancer, I really enjoyed your story, found it amusing the knockings were your mother's way of telling everyone to keep the noise down. All households need one of those spirits at some point! 😆. Loved reading the part when your father found the blankets to be moved on your mother's side of the bed-such a lovely sweet feeling.

I have to address vidya_amani now for I do not find their post helpful nor respectful. How would you know if its too early for the OP's mother to visit ('haunting' isn't the appropriate word here 😠)? Have you witnessed something different yourself?

And, who are you to tell the OP who to believe the presence is of? Nothing bad happened-it was a friendly visit. All the facts (the knocking to quieten down the TV, the locker being open and bedcovers in her room touched) point to it being the spirit of the mother. Why would you try and put fear into the OP?

Also, this 'I don't see why a deceased person would bother doing tricks like that when they should be busy with other things like doing a full life review etc'. What the hell you on about? A full life review? Seeing as you know so well about the afterlife, you must have experienced yourself? Please do eleborate.

One more thing, why on earth would you say such a disrespectful thing: 'Was she a type of violent woman? Lol maybe since on the other side their true natures come out. Who knows!'
And why would you lol about it? Shows how immature you are. We all know what kind of person YOU are alive. You must be a saint 'on the other side'?
spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-14)
Thank you Zetafornow and Narella that is what I think too. I'm the youngest of her six children and even after 12 years she still let's me know she's around. 😊
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
I do believe that this was your mother. Especially how you described her as being proud lady with strict rules for her house.

Sorry for your loss, zeta.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
I think sometimes a spirit hangs around for a few days to make sure everything is okay with their families. Maybe the knocking was to let them know she was there and still expected her rules to be followed.
spiritwolfdancer (6 stories) (18 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
My Mother always had a way of letting her presence known, she was not at all a voilent woman but demanded respect and I believe my neice was not giving her this by putting the music up loud, she was also a firm believer in the supernatural and always said she would never be far away from her children even when she passed. I do believe it was her giving my niece a scare to let her know she was still around. ❤
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
"It seems too odd for her to be haunting so soon after her death."

Since it requires much energy and skill... And it takes long to learn how to absorbe energy, and to absorb energy in such a way also takes a long time to be able to manifest in such a way. And did your mother usually knock on things for silence? Was she a type of violent woman? Lol maybe since on the other side their true natures come out. Who knows!
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
It might be another spirit playing pranks on you guys feeding off your gullibility.

It seems too odd for her to be haunting so soon after her death.

But if it makes you believe in the other side why not? As long as it doesn't make you believe in your mother or her presence only!

Knocks could have other meanings too, that someone in the family is going to die soon after 3 distinct knocks, or it could mean something else too.

I don't see why a deceased person would bother doing tricks like that when they should be busy with other things like doing a full life review etc.

Maybe her spirit guide made her do it for you two to have a final goodbyes or some comfort from the other side.

Anything is possible.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: