You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Husband's Dead Grandmother and the Hag

Real Ghost Stories

My Husband's Dead Grandmother and the Hag

 

Do you believe in ghosts and hags? Well my husband does. Although I do believe in ghosts, I don't know about "hags". But my husband is a firm believer after his experience. You may have read my other stories involving encounters after my grandfather died and my son's ghost story. Well this story involves my husband. My story about my grandfather, if you read, involved the fact that his spirit lived on for a short time after his passing, even though I personally never saw him, but there were a lot of things that had happened that only could have been him. In my son's ghost story, you may have remembered that my son had an encounter with a picture of his grandfather that was on his wall several years after his grandfather passed away. Although neither my son nor I have actually come face to face with any apparitions.

Well, the same does not hold true for my husband. As he, my son and I love to watch horror movies, only me and my son love reading each other scary stories. When I try to read the stories to my son or get on this site, my husband will get annoyed with me and roll his eyes at me because he knows how me and my son's imaginations get the best of us and then my husband suffers!

Well, one time after such a night, my husband looks at me with all sincerity after my son left the room and he said "you know I saw my grandmother after she died", I said, "what, are you serious?" and he said when he was 12 years old he was lying in bed before daybreak and about to rise for school and it was still dark in his room. He said something had awakened him. His bed was facing the wall so he had turned over thinking it was his mom coming into his room to wake him up. As he turned around, there in his opened area closet space he saw a white glow. As he adjusted his eyes, he could then clearly see this face "staring" down at him. He then realized that it was his dead grandmother. He said she was just glowing and staring at him, but only her face was clear, the rest of her was just a white glow. He said he thought nobody would believe him so he only ever told his mom and me. He said his grandmother had died only 4 months before this happened.

Afterward, I said to him "have you had any other experiences" and he said that when he was around 10 years old, he had lived in a small house with his parents and younger brother and he and his brother's bedroom was just off the kitchen. Well he said his brother's bed was against the wall but his was kind of facing the kitchen and his bedroom door was opened. He said how this had always scared him as the kitchen was dark to look at. Well, one night he couldn't sleep and was laying there in his bed looking out the door, when he thought he saw something. As he looked closer, he saw an old woman's face coming closer and closer in the dark with long dark stringy hair and red eyes. He said he looked again because he couldn't believe it and sure enough, it was coming closer and his first thought was to get up and jump in bed with his brother. I said "well why didn't you scream for you parents or scream out loud," and he said because he had always heard about the "HAG" and he heard that if you were touching another person when she appeared then she couldn't get you. And he firmly believed that's what he saw that night. He's 33 now, but he's so sincere in telling his story.

He said that these were the only two experience's that he had. But they were enough for me. It's one thing to have unexplained encounters but to actually be face to face, well that's something else.

Just wondering if anybody else out there has experienced the HAG, and what that experience involved. Please comment!

Other hauntings by melissagrove2000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melissagrove2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

maharlika (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
hi melissa.
Here in my country, the Philippines, we have a similar entity which we call "bruja" or "bruha". Thankfully, I've never encountered one but a good friend of mine actually wrestled with a "bruha" in her house. Her description is the same, a very old lady, black, messy hair with really scary eyes. Unlike other entities here in the Philippines however, there is no explanation for why the "bruha" attacks.
Hope this helps. 😊
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
I don't know if you will read this after all this time, but The Hag is a well known entity, well class of entities really,
she is an evil spirit usually one that has been passed over for some time and one that passed over after a tormented life.
In years gone by it was said that the HAG was a restless spirit of a Witch who was done wrong by and lingers in the hope of exacting revenge on the living, in the case you retell I would say that a former resident of the house, did not like that people were living in her home, as she seems only to have appeared to your husband when he was open minded enough to see her, I do not think she was after him though.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-15)
Thank you for sharing yours and your husbands story. I also have had strange occurances, as related in my stories, but no face-to-face encounters.

this is also very interesting as I have never heard any stories about the 'hag'. Going to have to look that up.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Hello Melissa, I am sure you have read my story sleep interupted by spirits. It isn't exactly like your husbands but I would say it was close enough. I too have been visited by a long dead relative when I was a child. It was what got me started on the paranormal road. Your husband is more than welcome to join us here in the discussions if he would like. There are others who have had similar experiences. Tell him thank you for sharing his experiences with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: