You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son's Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Son's Ghost Story

 

This story is about my son, as you may have read my other story After My Grandfather Died, this is about his grandfather. Well my son's grandfather (on his dad's side) died of a stroke when my son was only 4yrs old. My son was just the "apple of his eye", but it had been a while since they'd seen each other as we lived several hours apart. Several years after his death, my son was about 7yrs old at this time and we had moved out of state and in a new apartment. After his grandfather died, I had a portrait of the two of them enlarged. When we moved I had hung the portrait on his wall in his bedroom to remember him.

One day in this new apartment, I was laying in my bed. I work nights and so I sleep during the days of course. Well my son was home with me this particular day and so I was kind of in and out of my sleep, as his bedroom was right across the hallway from mine. My son was playing on his own and I kind of woke-up and looked to check the clock and it was the middle of the afternoon. As I woke I could hear my son talking to himself in his room. I didn't think much of it of course as he was only seven. All of a sudden I heard him kind of say something in a weird way and then I heard him "jump up" and he came running into my room. I said "what's wrong baby" in my usual motherly way. And my son says to me "Mommy, I was just looking at grandpa's picture on the wall and I said Hi to him and he winked at me". Of course that kind of spooked me out, and then I just tried to brush it off as the mind of a seven year old. Only my son has never forgotten that.

My son is now 12yrs old, and he still mentions his grandfather "winking" at him all those years ago. I never bring it up or mention it. But something must make him think about it from time to time and to this day, his story is always the same.

I don't know what to think of this story. I mean my son was only 7yrs old at the time and had no reason to lie. After all, I had been laying there in my bed and heard him when he jumped up and came running into my room. Something "startled" him that afternoon. I'm sure his grandfather was watching over him that day. Even now, we have moved into a new home, and just the other night we noticed a white glow on the wall in the corner of his room. We tried to find the source like maybe the lighting outside was reflecting off something. But everything we tried in the dark did not make this "glow" go away. Now my son sleeps with his lights and t.v. on every night.

I'd be interested in some feedback on what anybody else might think about this!

Other hauntings by melissagrove2000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melissagrove2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Casp3r (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
loved ones tend to linger and watch over the family. He may feel attached to your son because of a certain regret maybe because he wasn't able to see him alot. If your son tells the same story each time I would bet that its true. Children are sometimes able to sense more than adults because their imaginations are wide and they are able to believe in things easier than a lot of adults I know. When I was young I used to walk into the computer room and I would sense the spirit of my great great grand father. I talked to my mother about this and she sensed it also. In any case, its nothing to worry about. Your son is being watched over, kind of like being protected, by this spirit. If anything I would be happy, its not every day you get to see a loved one after they died unless you are used to these types of things or its simply a photo. If you have any questions feel free to talk to me any time.
monica5 (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Melissagrove,
That seems like a cute story to me. I don't think that it was something to really worry about. Grandpa may have just wanted to say hello in a more subtle way rather then just appesr in full form, although that may scare a child, shoot that would scare me to see that too. Pictures winking eyes moving hmmm, I would rather be visited by him in full form. I don't think it was anything to fear, he will always remember that, he will one day tell his children great grandpa visited me. That means he is alwasy there to watch over him,
take care
m
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Our loved ones often return to this plane of existence to check up on us and to let us know that they are okay. Your son is a very lucky fellow to have a grandfather who cared so much for him that he is watching over him every day. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
nikilovesyou (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
like others I believe that his grandfather was watching him. Just like mine is. Everynight before I go to sleep I look at my gradfather's picture and say good night and after I walk off I always hear," go to sleep baby girl!" I feel really special. Bye the way I'm thirteen! Hehehehe 😉 😉 😉
EyelinerTears (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
wow.
thats really something, well tell him I wish him the best. Sorry I only 14 lol so I'm pretty boring 😜
but yes . Winking thing I swear my picture of my friend who died in my arms winks. Taht picture realy scares me.
Bie (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
Maybe his grandfather was watching him or maybe it was a trick of your son's mind. Anything can be possible. Wish you best of luck! 😉

Bie
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-14)
The picture winked at your son? It could have been real or a trick of the light. I have heard stories of pictures and paintings behaving weirdly, this is not a first. Like once, I read a story about a painting that was delivered to this family, when they got it, it was all grey and colorless. It looked like it was just painted black and white. Then they started hearing people talking on occasion(I think) right after they hung up the painting. When they went to check on it, which was often, it starting filling up with it's bright color little by little until it was all color at the end. I think they said something about thinking that it could be the spirit of the person on the painting being in peace again, something like that, I forgot.
iceskater10 (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-14)
i bet you feel good to know that your son has someone close to him to watch over him
JPing (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-14)
If his grandfather is watching over him then he should be a bit more subtle about it. I'd be traumatized too if pictures started winking at me.
Teerak (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-14)
Picture winking. It might be possible because kids are innocent and they hardly tell lies. He's been watched by his grandpa. I believe ghost /spirits are just around us and only to some people can see them.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-14)
Oh, melissagrove2000, that's so sweet. Grandpa is keeping an eye on your little fellow. Tell your son he's lucky. Sounds like he's cherished. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: