You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit From My Father

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit From My Father

 

My father passed away in December 2010 after months with lung cancer. When he was sick in the hospital in Florida my brother and I would fly back and forth taking care of mom's needs and seeing dad as much as we can. The last time I left the hospital I kissed him goodbye and watched him as I walked out thinking it could be the last time I see him. He did pass away about two weeks after that.

Immediately after that mom got lung cancer and was receiving treatment. I would often wonder if dad was ok since he passed without family around him (he was taken to the Hospice Ward in the hospital) Months passed and it would still bother me until one night I had a dream. He came to me in an old 50's setting. He was wearing his Marine uniform and looked so young. Smoking his cigarette and leaning on a counter of what seemed to be an old gas station office he said to me, "I just want you to know I'm ok," I burst "ok" crying and told him I was so glad he came back and told him to stop smoking. I was so hysterical crying out of joy he came back.

Mom passed away a year and a half later from lung cancer, my brother and I took turns tending to her until she passed away. The worst part of it all was the bitterness that came between my brother and I due to the estate which all was to be a 50/50 deal. It was like a divorce to say the least.

It's now been over for a few weeks and the other day as I was walking into my bedroom after having my morning coffee and morning computer I saw my dad's wedding band on the floor at the foot of my bed. I picked it up and thought, "Geee that's weird" and proceeded to put it into the velvet slotted drawer in the jewelry box atop of my husband's armoire. Much to my surprise all my rings and my mom's were all messy and not in their slots but were all accounted for. I fixed them back into place along with dad's ring but was a wreck the entire day.

Do you think this was a sign from him? I do believe it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DAP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
DAP,

Sounds as if your Father visited you in your dreams. Had you 'projected yourself' (OBE/Astral Project) you 'more than likely' would have awoken tired... Relieved but tired. However you stated you woke up...

"I was very upset in the dream, but when I woke I was happy and relieved, it put me at rest in my worries about dad. I have not worried since."

It means he 'came to you' and eased your mind.

Our minds are more open to being visited by spirits, and it is easier (takes less energy) in our dreams.

As far as the ring goes... Sounds like your Father is just letting you know he is still around.

Respectfully,

Rook
DAP (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
Hi all, in answer to the questions - I was very upset in the dream, but when I woke I was happy and relieved, it put me at rest in my worries about dad. I have not worried since. About the jewelry, I was home for two days and did not leave the house, I was vacuuming the floors the day before and the ring was not on the floor when I went to bed, when I woke up I walked right past it (if it was there at the time) went and had a cup of coffee and computer time, and within an hour or so when I went back into the bedroom to get ready for work there lay the ring. The thought of a break in was not possible as I said I was home for two days, everyone was sleeping when I woke up that morning and they just awoke when I found it. And all pieces of the other jewelry were there anc accounted for, just messed up in the slotted velvet drawer.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
DAP,

S_n_S does have a point... Your dream MAY have simply been a manifestation of your desires, however having said that I must ask this... How did you feel after you woke up? Did you feel, refreshed, as if you had slept well? Or did you feel drained, as if you had slept poorly or not at all? There is a reason I ask and I'll explain when you have given your answer (I hope you do return and do so).

As far a you experiencing a 'break in'...Did you check all your windows and doors? Was anything missing? Did you check all the doors and windows for possible 'point of entry/exit? Did you FEEL as if someone had gotten into your home?

We must be careful how far we 'reach' in either direction when it comes to looking for non-paranormal/paranormal explanations because we can BLIND ourselves and miss finding the truth.

Respectfully,

Rook
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-28)
The dream may have been a manifestation of your desire to know that your father is OK. Also, it is possible that someone broke in and rummaged through the jewelry, and was scared off or interrupted.
paul19 (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
Sorry to here about you're mom and dad. I have heard many times about relatives coming back to say they're okay or to say goodbye. My aunt expirienced something like this, when her grand mother passed she had a dream about the grandma saying goodbye and my aunt didn't hear she died for a week. Did you maybe have a dream about you're dad saying goodbye?

Paul,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: