You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Possible For Spirits To Follow?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible For Spirits To Follow?

 

I have heard of spirits following people, but I always seemed to not believe in it, until all these things have been happening to me.

I first started feeling uneasy in my home back in 2004, I would get the sense of being watched, I would get cold spots where it was warm in other areas, the hair on the back of my neck would stand up and just the feeling of being sad. Occasionally I would hear the doors open when no one was home or I'd spot something from the corner of my eye. All of this I passed off as me just being nutty; but I wasn't the only one experiencing it, my mother claimed to hear voices and feel drafts, my nephew couldn't sleep alone in his bedroom because he felt like someone was standing over him.

We ended up moving because my step father got a new job in another town. We moved into this nice cozy family home. For a few months everything was fine, then late one night, when I was home alone (everyone was at my sister's house for poker night) I heard the microwave door close. I went out and there was no one there. Went back into my bedroom and heard it again, went back out, nothing. Finally fell asleep, I was woke up when my movies fell off the shelf. I tried to ignore it, but it was getting upsetting. Over the 2 years of living there; I would experience all of that.

We moved when the landlord sold the house and new owners wanted the home to themselves; so we moved into a new neighborhood. This house was nice. Again a month went by and it was fine, then my nephew started saying he saw a man on the porch, and a white lady in the bathroom in a dress. I would get breezes and drafts, and a very overwhelming sense of sadness. We ended up moving because 1. We didn't like the neighbors and 2. The house had mold growing on the ceiling.

We moved back into our old neighborhood (in a different house) and a year went by; then suddenly the feeling of sadness was back, feeling of being watched, and I could have sworn I saw a man go through my wall; I only saw his shoulders down, but he was wearing clothing from like the 1860s.

This is the house we're in currently. I can not go out on the patio alone, I don't like it, and when I go in the kitchen at night, I have to run, because I just feel something's there. I don't know if this is all coincidence or if I'm just going nutty.

No, I do not take medication and I'm over 20. My family and I share this home and split on the bills.

Other hauntings by Springfairy556

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Springfairy556, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-25)
springfairy556, I most definitly believe a spirit can attach itself to you and or something you have in your home. I have had multiple years of dealing with the same darn spirit from the young age of 7 to 12 years. From one house to the next. It wasn't a pleasant one either. Look around your home and try and find anything antique or something you or a family member may have purchased that wasn't right from a store.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Kida07,

Ummm Bubble Bursting time... The Star of David has 6 (count them) 6 points and CANNOT be turned upside down. (Here's a link to some images...)

Https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=939&q=sTAR+OF+dAVID&oq=sTAR+OF+dAVID&gs_l=img.12...0l10.905.4720.0.6639.13.9.0.4.4.0.122.782.8j1.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.6.img.1YL2apuK6ms#imgrc=_

A Pentagram is a five point star and is sometimes called the Celtic Star and looks like this...

Https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=939&q=pentagram&oq=pentagram&gs_l=img.12...0l10.1691.5613.0.7776.15.10.3.2.2.0.192.925.8j2.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.6.img.J8-ggWI652c#hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=celtic+pentagram&revid=1570743286&sa=X&ei=IZdGUfycN_K04AO6vIGoDA&ved=0CE4QgxY&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.dmg&fp=bdb17d2cdcb4bb03&biw=1280&bih=939

It CAN BE REVERSED and is often called the Satanic Star when this is done, they CAN look like these...

Https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=939&q=pentagram&oq=pentagram&gs_l=img.12...0l10.1691.5613.0.7776.15.10.3.2.2.0.192.925.8j2.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.6.img.J8-ggWI652c#hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=satanic+pentagram&revid=1570743286&sa=X&ei=IZdGUfycN_K04AO6vIGoDA&ved=0CFsQgxY&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.dmg&fp=bdb17d2cdcb4bb03&biw=1280&bih=939

So PLEASE do your research and get your STARS RIGHT before suggesting the O/P needs a "minister or demonologist" to help them.

I wonder what happened to Warrior_Troy or ChangYai I would like to here their answers to my questions.

Respectfully,

Rook
Kida07 (5 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
Hi!
Ok, normally ghosts don't 'attach' themselves to people. Usually the only 'spirits ' capable of doing that are demonic hauntings that were summoned or invited into the area by the previous owner.
An invitation to a demonic haunting can be anything from practicing voodo to an upside down Star of David.

The upside down Star of David is the most important because it is said to act like a portal to hell. However if you flip it around, it is said to act like a barrier against the demonic beings. Therefore, I suggest you ask a minister or demonologist to bless your house to rid it of any demonics if there are any.

However, I strongly do not suggest provoking it as they can become very dangerous quickly and have been known to posses people.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Hello Springfairy556, if your mom, nephew and others also have experiences like you had, then I feel that the possibility of a spirit being attached to you would take a back-seat, if not ruled out. If in the houses you have been able to feel the presence, then you guys must be quite sensitive to them. But you have not mentioned if they had done anything to scar you except that you have been sighting or feeling the presence.

If you feel any of these entities negative, then cleanse the house. That would help.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
ChangYai,

I do not see where anyone is 'proselytizing'. I feel as you do..."Christianity allows for ghosts, demons, spirits,..." So when Warrior_Troy brought up the subject of demons and then stated this in a reply to me...

"I use the Bible as the final authority and it does let us know that human spirits or what people may call ghost are not at liberty to roam the earth. When a person dies his spirit/soul exits the earth realm and goes upward or downward. Demons are great deceivers. They can mimic humans and can appear to be dead relatives."

I further questioned what they meant, and used the same source, the Bible, for the basis of my questions.

I try to show respect for others beliefs, but I also try to understand them and the only way I know how to understand something is through questions and research.

Speaking of which part of your comment intrigues me, you stated...

"Christianity has enormous success in converting people with animist beliefs because Christianity allows for ghosts, demons, spirits, and it also uses many rituals that seem familiar to animist people."

Its the latter part of this statement... When you say Christianity uses many rituals that seem familiar to Animist people... Just which rituals do you refer to?

Respectfully,

Rook
ChangYai (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Interesting story. FYI, worldwide, there are over 3 billion people who practice Animism in some form. This is mankind's oldest religion. Christianity has enormous success in converting people with animist beliefs because Christianity allows for ghosts, demons, spirits, and it also uses many rituals that seem familiar to animist people. I live part of the year in Thailand and the religion is Buddhist, but also deeply animist. In this belief system, ghosts are everywhere, and yes, they can follow you.
Regardless of if you are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, whatever, ghosts are mankind's ubiquitous belief system. From ancient Greece until now, people believed in the 'restless dead'. Please respect whatever belief system someone on YG might have, and please do not claim to have all the answers. Especially if they are of a religious nature. We are here to exchange stories, and look for answers, not proselytize.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Springfairy,

I do not mean to hijack your comments thread, please feel free to make me (us) take our discussion elsewhere if you are not finding it helpful...

Warrior_Troy,

Voicing your opinion is not being offensive... Its the way some individuals do it that makes it offensive, and I do not think you have been offensive at all.

I too will use the Bible as "the final authority", as you put it, on certain topics. However we must keep in mind that a group of individuals got together, chose what message they wanted the Church to Promote and Teach and then chose Scriptures that supported 'their cause'.

I have a few questions for you if you do not mind...

If the Human Soul Ascends or Descends when it "exits the earth realm" upon physical death then why is there going to be a Final Judgement? If our Soul has been Judged and moved 'upward' or 'downward' as you put it then there is no reason for a 'resurrection' and then a Final Judgment?

1 Corinthians 15 not only speaks of this it also mentions 3 Glories (1 Cor 15: 40-41) So is it not possible that these 'glories' represent 3 things...1) Earthbound Spirits...2) Spirits awaiting Judgment in the Spirit Realm... And 3) Spirits that have attained the Celestial level... The same level that Angels and Demons exist on.

So which is it... When we die do we..."exits the earth realm and goes upward or downward..." and that's it? Or is there a wee bit more to it?

Respectfully,

Rook
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
I try to tread softly when posting so as not to offend people. I use the Bible as the final authority and it does let us know that human spirits or what people may call ghost are not at liberty to roam the earth. When a person dies his spirit/soul exits the earth realm and goes upward or downward. Demons are great deceivers. They can mimic humans and can appear to be dead relatives. Someone may play with a Ouija board and think they are talking to a human spirit because it may be able to inform them of accurate details concerning a matter. Beware!

I could expound further but I am not going to. I just hope the link can share some enlightenment for the person that is having the problem.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
From the experiences you have shared and the fact they happened to more than JUST YOU I have to say that in MY OPINION you have not been followed by a spirit, you have merely moved into homes that either had residual energy/hauntings or were actively Haunted. Some of the feelings you have experienced may have been or could be (present problems with your Kitchen/Patio) may be due to high EMF levels... We must remember to eliminate all natural/real world possiblities before considering the Paranormal.

As far as spirits following you, yes it is possible... However I do not think this is what has happened to you.

On to the NEXT...

Warrior_Troy,

You mention familiar spirits and list a SINGLE reason why they are considered this. You then provide a link to a 'Book' that is entirely focused on Spiritual Warfare and Demons. I am not sure how this helps the O/P. Not every Spirit is a Demon, nor are Familiar Spirits just those that are Familiar with Humans. I offer an alternative definition as to what they may (can) be...

Familiar spirit: (Familiar) A spirit (usually in animal form) that acts as an assistant or guide.

No one is an expert so my 'observations' are merely based on my personal experiences and research, but it truly is my opinion that not every spirit is a 'demon' in disguise.

Respectfully,

Rook
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
The ghost could be attached to you, or it could be attached to something you have that you might have purchased.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-12)
Yes spirits follow! They are referred to as familiar spirits because they are very familiar with humans. They are attracted to certain individuals more than others. I would like to give some enlightenment to you from a source that I have confirmed to be a true account. It will give you some insight concerning what evil spirits and demons are. Check it out.

Http://www.ubm1.org/demons-pittman.pdf

I could expound further but I want you to read the account. Must go for now!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: