You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Mom Was Possessed

Real Ghost Stories

Mom Was Possessed

 

It happened when I was in the 5th grade. We were the first people to build our house in our village, so it was little house surrounded by jungles. One night my sister and brother and I were inside our bedroom just hanging out. Dad came home and we went out to see him, we noticed mom was asleep and then she started moaning all of a sudden, so we told my dad he knew something was up but didn't want to scare us so he told us to just massage her. We were freaking out, but we just went ahead and stayed with her. Our cat came into the house and was looking at mom, and started meow-ling a weird kind of sound. We just ignored it so we were all scared we just sat down on her bed then out of no where mom opens her eyes and we freaked out. Then she slowly turned her head and looked at us with her eyes wide open. I, me and my brother screamed and ran out. My sister ran out after and started crying. My dad was like, "what happened?"

When he said that mom was laughing a low laugh and we know she doesn't laugh like that... Dad took salt and threw on the side of the house and she bolted upright with a yelp. We freaked out and we went back in to see if she was okay, she was getting mad at us LOL. We told her what happened and she brushed it aside she didn't want to believe it but then later she said her back was hurting and I picked up her shirt and there were bruises on her back. Few weeks later my dad finds out his cousin was killed that previous week moms incident happened.

Hope you enjoy it was a freaky night and we were glad our dad was home early that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nikki91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
I had the exact thoughts as I read this as Rook. I talk, laugh and snore in my sleep. I have even screamed in my sleep a couple times. I also move a lot in my sleep, and I wake up most of the time with bruises because I hit the wall. I'm very accident prone.
nikki91 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
paranormal, possessed whatever some weird shiat happened that night... Thanks for the feedback tho. I appreciate hard critics... The term 'LOL' didn't mean I laughed that night or thought it was funny... It's just LOL...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
nikki91,
I don't see anything supernatural at all. The story is confusing and it doesn't make sense that you would throw in lol in any part of it. If 91 in your name means you were born in 1991 you are lying about your age. There are allowances for people who do not speak English as their first language, but there seems to be a sense of immaturity or falsehood to this story. Sorry I'm not buying it.
Regards
RedWolf
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Okay...must add my two cents. I am a firm believer in the fact that LOL is totally over-used in texting, facebooking, and in general overall but in this case it it totally inappropriately used. 😕 This scenario if true would not be any bit funny at all. In fact, the scenario if false is even less funny. My rant for the day, sorry. Zeta.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Eh I really shouldn't have red this while sitting next to my mum. She growls a bit because she is doing a scratchie. Ah but I don't want to be right with her now...
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Like the other posters said, it's confusing. I read it again just to make sure. I'm one of those people who will give the benefit of the doubt but I don't think this is paranormal. Like Rook said, there are to many natural explanations for what happened. What you and your siblings experienced was a simple case of being frightening yourselves.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Dear nikki91,

Or what rookdygin said...

Take care

Regards
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
So your mom moaned in her sleep... Possible nightmare

Sat up and stared at you as you massaged her... Startled awake?

A low laugh as your Father tossed salt against the side of the house... Laughing at how silly you, your siblings and your Father were acting?

As for the Bruises... Why don't you come up with a non-paranormal reason (or 3) before saying your Mother was possessed.

There are just to many 'natural' explanations as to what happened on the night this happened so it is my opinion that this was not a paranormal event.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
Dear nikki91,

YOUR STORY IS FAKE.

Take care...

Regards5050
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
nikki91,

I have to say that this story is fake. An entity that possesses a human being can not be exorcised by throwing salt at the home it takes great spiritual energy to rid the entity from the body. Also the fact that your father's cousin was murdered the week before your mother's supposed possession does not mean that it was your father's cousin.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Well count me in for the confused trifecta. There is just so much here that is disjointed.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Confused also. And if this scared you so badly are you saying "lol!" when thinking of how worried you were for your mother? Her possession was funny? Sorry, I don't buy that. And why would someone making a noise in their sleep terrify everyone? Most people make noises in their sleep. And if she opened her eyes, why would that scare anyone? That's what people do when they wake up. This makes no sense. I think I am going to have to call shenanigans.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Hi. Perhaps it's the way you describe the events from that night- but I am left a bit confused after reading your account.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: