You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The College Phantom

Real Ghost Stories

The College Phantom

 

Until about a year ago, I attended a year round daycare at Louis and Clark College that was also a summer camp. At the time this event occurred I was twelve and, being one of the older kids, had only about two friends at camp that were my age named Jesse and Walter.

Since all of the other kids were at least two years younger than us, we ate in the kitchen instead of the main room. The kitchen was pretty big but most of it was cluttered with cooking supplies.

One day Jesse, Walter, and I were eating lunch and noticed it was colder than usual in the kitchen and that we were getting goose bumps. Of course that was no reason to scare us, so after a few jibes towards me about it being a ghost, since they were aware I believed in them, we moved on to another topic.

We had finished eating but continued to eat and talk when it seemed to get even cooler in the room. Something strikingly white caught my eye as I looked to my right. I punched Jesse in the arm and we all watched in astonishment as a translucent man walked by quickly with what appeared to be a object from the kitchen in his hand. He went across the room without stopping then walked through the wall to a classroom. We got up to see if he was in the classroom, but when we looked in it was as if it had never happened.

I never saw it again but always felt as if a presence was near while in the kitchen. Sometimes I would swear I saw something white out of the corner of my eye, but everyone except Jesse and Walter would tell me I was bonkers.

This is a completely true story that has always made me uneasy to think about.

Other hauntings by AM616

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AM616, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AM616 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
I just want to say that anytime I saw something it was around the same time because that was the only time I was in the kitchen and we had linch at the same tame every day
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Hello AM616, I agree with others. But can you remember the time when you saw the white apparition in the kitchen. You also said that many times you had seen from the corner of your eyes something white, if you happen to remember the time, I think all the timings should coincide with each other. Just confirm if it is.

Keep posting if you have any other encounters. Thanks for posting.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
CParanormal (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Hello. I'm new to the sight but I have stayed in touch over the years.
To me, this sounds like a common residual. A residual is an act that has been randomly 'recorded' by a once-living being. What you saw was just a playback of an event, think of a video on a loop. Where does it come from? Noone can explain quite that far but we do know that you did not see an actual spirit but a mere 'video'. This is not to say you didn't pick up on a feeling as this is common.
The wall the 'man' went through may have not always been there.
It is quite difficult to understand this though as it's pretty weird. Even some stones are said to be able to record these videos.

Like a holographic video you were sensitive towards with your 'third' eye.

~ CParanormal 😊
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Dear AM616,
It sounds residual to me too. Obviously since you all saw him, it wasn't your imagination. However you might ind it reassuring to know risiduals can not hurt or interact with you in any way. Think of it as a looped video. A bit unnerving but totally harmless.
~Val
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
I would say this is a residual haunting which means, whoever this man was, did this action in real life and left his imprint; residual haunting is a playback of a past event. I do not want to be a plagarizer, so I copied this from theshawdowlands.net, which I think puts it cut and dry: The apparitions involved are not spirits, they are "recordings" of the event.
Your experience seems to fit the bill.
Best regards,
Andrea

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: