You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pagona: The Woman In The White Gown

Real Ghost Stories

Pagona: The Woman In The White Gown

 

My mom cleaned houses when I was a kid and one particular house had an interesting ghost story that came to life for me. I had heard that a particular room upstairs was haunted. It was said that when a man slept in that room that he had "blood curdling nightmares"; however, women were unaffected. I was 15, lived in a haunted house, and at the time was very open to sensing the presence of spirits. I was a little creeped out by this story but intrigued.

Well, one day I was cleaning with my mom and couldn't get the story out of my mind. When I entered the hall where the stairway was I started to sense something strange. It was like I could 'see' a ghost woman in a white gown walking down the stairs. I couldn't see it with my eyes, but more in my head, but it was much stronger than imagination. I tried to block out this vision but it kept happening, like her descent took her 10 times to complete.

As I moved to different rooms I could still feel her presence, see her, almost. I got to the opposite side of the house and I could 'see' her on the other side of a large table from me. It was then that she spoke... Not with an audible voice but telepathically. She said my name and immediately followed with "my name is p..." I cut her off with a loud "NO" inside my head. She continued to follow me as I cleaned but didn't try to communicate again.

I went home that night and all seemed normal until I went to bed. I could 'see'/sense her standing by my bed watching me try to sleep. It was so intense that I cried for a couple hours before finally sleeping.

The next morning my mom was scheduled to leave on a trip across the country to visit a friend. The day alone was uneventful until I attempted to sleep on the couch. My house was creepy, especially the upstairs, and the last night was especially so and I wasn't doing that again. That night I could sense her again, but she spent the entire night wandering the house aimlessly. This bothered me but not enough to stir emotions, so I slept alright.

The next morning I called my boyfriend over and told him about this ghost woman in the white gown. He said he could sense ghosts too, but I think it was all lies because while he was over I noticed her standing by where I was sitting. I told him and he just said he didn't feel anything. He was relying more on a feeling of cold/heat/static than his internal senses. Then, in an instant she was gone.

Maybe a minute later the stereo I had playing quietly in the background started to turn up. It got very loud before I yelled "turn that down right now Pa..." I almost shouted the name Pagona. I had never heard that name/word before and I'm not quite sure where it came from. Anyway, the music instantly turned down to its original volume. My boyfriend and I looked at each other in disbelief. About a minute later it turned up again, but I wasn't playing this time. I walked over there and turned the thing off. I did notice a very strange feeling when I stood by the stereo, but I didn't stay there any longer than I had to to push the power button.

I had had enough of her and was thoroughly creeped out. I grabbed my jacket and purse and left the house for about 10 hours. I made it home in time for my midnight curfew, although no one was there to make sure I had... And she was gone. I never saw/felt her again.

I suspect that my interest in her 'haunted room' was the reason she came to me, but to this day I have NO clue what she wanted with me.

It was after that that I decided to close off my senses to spirits, it had become too creepy and I didn't want to experience it anymore. I stopped having ghostly experiences when I was about 16-17, and I am mostly thankful for it but a little bummed because they can be exciting.

Other hauntings by SeaSparkzz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SeaSparkzz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
It is the 'DARK FORCE' of April 1st...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

😉

Respectfully,

Rook
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
I wish it were gremlins or trolls. I suspect a much darker force has infiltrated this site.
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Let's try this one again as something seems to be happening to not only my comment;-)

Rook - I am curious about your reference to the "s*p*i*r*i*t*s**c*l*o*w*n"

Although, I now believe you must have type something else and a gremlin has interfered;-)
DelzLdy (2 stories) (50 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Rook - I am curious about your reference to the spirit's clown.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
There is a chance she wanted to share her story with you. Or at least be acknowledged. She 'almost' told you her name at the home you were cleaning, she turned up the stereo and you 'nearly' shouted a name, possibly her name, but you did 'think it'. What were you thinking when you stood up and turned off the stereo? Did you think that name again?

I feel this spirit was just trying to communicate and when it realized it had 'made contact' with you she returned 'home.

This is based on what you have shared...

Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
Interesting account. I wonder what she wanted also, perhaps she thought you could somehow release her.
None the less, the idea that she followed you home is creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: