You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Our Girls - It Runs In The Family

Real Ghost Stories

Our Girls - It Runs In The Family

 

Last year Easter 2012, we had what we like to call a 'Gathering of the Clan' -- not a large one according to historical events, but our children, and our children's' children, ten members of the family, all under one roof. It felt so good having all of us sitting around in our middle daughter's lounge and dining room (open plan), munching on supper and 'shooting the breeze'.

Raylene had opened her house in Port Elizabeth to us, for the second year in a row. The conversation turned to the paranormal, how I had discovered YGS, and the events I had written about. All of my tales were 'old hat' to our three daughters, but our four grand-children listened with varying degrees of disbelief or surprise on their faces.

To my surprise (and glee), each of our three daughters had a paranormal tale of their own to add.

****************

Nicky, the eldest, stated that she had had dreams that had come to pass. She had been contemplating getting another dog to replace the one that she had tragically 'lost'. Toffee, her remaining dog was lonely and needed a play-mate.

One night, Nicky dreamt about a smallish, shaggy dog - almost a carbon copy of Toffee, just another colour. When Nicky went to the Animal Shelter, there was the dog of her dream! Nicky and Toffee fell in love with Ash, at first sight! Ash and Toffee now preside over Nicky's home, keeping her warm at night.

On another occasion, Nicky had a dream about one of her work colleagues. In the dream, the young woman went out at lunch-time, to return with a box. She then came to Nicky's desk, asking her to guess what she had bought. Nicky guessed... "Boots!"

The next day at work, the scene was re-enacted down to the last detail! The colleague was absolutely astonished when Nicky told her of the dream. They both had a good laugh about it.

************************

Raylene, our 'middle' daughter, had a completely different story to tell.

Years ago, Raylene and Arthur, along with their three children, moved to the coast. Arthur had been in a mine accident here on the Reef and found the climate in Port Elizabeth more agreeable to his health. With the payout from the mine, they were able to buy a house. This house was second-hand.

One morning, just after their eldest son walked to the school bus-stop (right in front of their house), Arthur heard a laugh. As Arthur described it, it was not a normal laugh but like those 'laughing bags' that one used to get.

Arthur searched high and low... Still hearing the laughter... Never to discover the source! He went to Raylene, who was in the kitchen, to tell her about this weird occurrence. He started off by saying, "I want to tell you something really strange..." Raylene cut him off by saying, "I want to tell YOU something freaky!" "I was here, facing the sink, when I heard the sound of plates crashing, behind me. I whipped around, and nothing - no plates, nobody behind me!"

Arthur then related the story of the 'laughing bag' to her. Both were shocked at each other's accounts.

Apparently, neither of them had heard the sounds that their spouse was hearing.

Arthur went on to tell us how outraged he became. Arthur in a rage isn't a pretty sight! He said that he went to open all the doors and windows in the house, stomping through the house, telling 'whatever it was', to f*** off, out of their home, and leave them alone! It worked! No more crazy laughter... No more crashing plates!

*********************

Angel, our youngest daughter, then gave her account.

While Angel was touring, over-sees ('91-'02), she remembered having a vivid dream. She dreamt of giving birth to a baby girl. As she watched, this baby with big blue eyes and dark hair crept up her, towards her chest. She said that she remembered wondering how it was possible. How could the baby have dark hair? When SHE was born, she had very blonde hair!

Anyway, Angel returned from her tour and got married a good few years later. While she was 'trying' for a baby, she had another vision/dream. She dreamt of a little girl - about four or five years old, with long, curly brown hair, wearing a long turquoise blue dress.

Our Girls - It Runs In The Family

On 18th August 2004, that little girl was born. She has big blue eyes, dark hair, exactly as Angel had seen her in her first dream.

A few years later, the little girl had a fashion show on at her pre-primary school. Photos were taken by a professional photographer; after they had printed them and framed one, it dawned on her that they had captured the exact image of her second vision/dream. I now have a photo of that little girl, wearing that long turquoise dress. Her name is Shenay, our youngest granddaughter!

At the age of seven, it seems that Shenay is psychic, foretelling of events only a short while before they happen. But, that is another story.

Thank you for reading. Your comments will be welcome.

Other hauntings by Fergie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fergie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2017-01-15)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Thank you Krystallia, I just wish Raylene wasn't so reluctant to share too. Arthur doesn't seem to have any qualms about it!?

It was extremely interesting that each of our daughters had a tale to tell.

Thank you for reading, and your comment. 😊
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
It most definitely runs in the family! You are a gifted Clan and it's lovely that you can share your experiences with each other!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Fergie - as I've told granny (at least a zillion times 😉 😆) as long as they're on here, it's almost... Almost 😉 as good as keeping them in your journal LOL.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Miracles - It was actually a Shock when Raylene opened up to us! I had a faint suspicion that something was not quite 'right' in the household, as the passage light was always left on at night. I questioned her once, as to why, but was told that it was in case one of the kids went to the bathroom in the night. Fair enough - but the kids are all big now; still the light gets left on.

I heard it 'through the grapevine' that Raylene once heard children, running and playing in the passage, after all were in bed. When I asked her about this, she vehemently denied it! (Shrug!) 😕

I agree, kids can leave one 'gob-smacked' at times, with there revelations! We both know that...eh?

I must confess, not All of this is in my journal, per se, but it is all written down in my personal space, on my PC. I must still get around to saving it on a disc. 😉

Thank you for your comment Miracles, it is appreciated.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Fergie - I love this 😊 It's wonderful, personal choice of word here, when our loved ones who accept their gifts share their experiences, but when those who are less "excited" about their gifts are willing to share makes it even more special. I think sometimes it all depends upon the situation, like your Clan getting together... Comfortable setting and all that... To get those who are a little reluctant to open up.

As for Shenay, kids can surprise the crap outta you, can't they? I've been told that everyone is gifted... Just not everyone uses their gifts, so I'm trying to find a different word to use, but not having any luck this morning LOL. So knowing that they are using their gifts 😆, it's still surprising sometimes to hear the things the kids tell us that they just can't possibly know.

Thanks for sharing your girls' experiences with us, Fergie. You have added these to your journal, right? 😉
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
Jeneva - Have you ever had any 'important' dreams of the future? Anything 'life changing'?

The 3rd eye concept is not very prevalent, where I come from. A lot of people here wouldn't even know what you were talking about.

It does seem as if girls usually have more abilities to see and hear things from the 'other side'; although my husband hears voices, and my brother and his son, see disturbing sights.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-11)
CalebBrant - please forgive me, but I don't see any sign of your stories. Where do I find them? 😕
Jeneva (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Hay guys. I have dreams that I didn't know was the future too but I don't think it happends anymore. Anyways I believed that this "gift" is passed from generations to genarations and MAYBE can skip a generation. Well guess what? Did you know that 3rd eyes are strong from females than Males? And 3rd eyes can also skip a generation. Thats why MOSTLY girls can see ghosts than boys. So boys watch out and listen to girls! Maybe our ancestors have this gift too...
CalebBrant (2 stories) (5 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
you guys should read my stories to. There pretty cool. Please comment.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Airstream - I shall be posting a bunch of Shenay's experiences in a few weeks time. That little girl (now 8 years old) has had a difficult past few years, having lost her mother (Angel) to cancer 10 months ago. She still amazes me with her coping abilities!

Your daughter sounds a bit like Shenay - sometimes she just "knows" too - but that is only one of her 'gifts'!

I am happy that you enjoyed our girls revelations.
Thank you for your comment.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Demonicsheikh, I must agree with you. That house business was scary, and I am glad it didn't happen to me! 😉 At least it was only a 'one day wonder' never to be repeated.

Raylene found out that the woman that had been the previous owner, died a horrible death in that house - we wonder if that had anything to do with the happenings in that house?

Thank you for your comment.
airstream (13 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Fergie- Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed those tales! I would love to hear about Shenay's experiences. I have dreams that come true as well. My daughter seems to have inherited that ability as well. She doesn't always dream of things to come, sometimes she just "knows". I guess that would make her somewhat psychic, although I consider her to be more intuitive.
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
cool experiences. Some of them are like dream related and fortune telling stuff but the house experience was scary.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Val,

Raylene was willing to believe that it had happened to her, only reluctant to talk about it. Even though she knew that no-one would make fun of her. She has become very religious over the past couple of years... Maybe that has something to do with it? I didn't press the matter too much! I was just overcome with joy (?) that she could contribute to the conversation. (Even though it was like pulling teeth.)

Angel, on the other hand, was very open to discussing her dreams/visions. But, when I had an experience at her house, was horrified to think that there was 'something' in her house, or even in her yard. I think I told of this, in one of my precious accounts.

Nicky is the most open minded of our 3 daughters - she has had other experiences, and was very excited about them.

At least our granddaughter Shenay, doesn't have to grow up in a house with 'nay sayers', although we don't 'encourage' her to tell 'stories'. We do listen, and understand, when she does... They are never a load of bull.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Fergie,
I find it interesting, that even when in a setting where they know their experiance will be accepted and believed, some people still would rather not get into it. As you said, they don't 'like' to believe in such things. I've several siblings like that. But we also have those who are the 'it happened deal with it' variety, and of course the obligatory naysayer, who just denies everything. (According to her, everything is either made-up or imagination).
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Val & Rook,

We had to literally drag the story out of Raylene - she was very reticent to tell hers. It was only with Arthur's instigation, that we did. She doesn't 'like' to believe in such things.

Thank you both for your comments.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Thank you Paul, It can be truly scary when your dreams come to pass - other times, it can be comforting; depending what you dream, Lol. I too have had dreams that have had a great impact on my life - two of which I have related in other submissions here on YGS.

Thank you for reading, I am happy that you liked my story. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
Fergie,

Thanks once again for sharing a great experience. Its nice to hear that your family is not only open to the paranormal but actually willing to talk about their own experiences with each other.

Respectfully,

Rook
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Hi Fergie,
Lovely is the only word that comes to mind for me. That you all can share what you experience with each other is so very cool.
paul19 (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Cool story once I had a dream that something bad (it is private what) happened in my dream and it turned out it happened the next day. No one died or got hurt though. Anyway nice story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: