You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Screaming Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Screaming Lady

 

Not too long ago my entire family shared a paranormal experience. We had all been sleeping, and out of nowhere this toe-curling cry seemed to be resonating from within the house. It continued for at least 5 minutes, and by then my sister, my cousin (who lives with us), and I had all gotten up and asked each other if we were crying. None of us were, we checked in my grandma's room (I live in her house), and she was sound asleep, and we checked on my mom and so was she. The wailing continued and we still had no idea where it was coming from.

Slowly, we began to creep back into our bedrooms, all of us making sure to leave the lights on. After the five minutes, everything seemed to have stopped, or at least for my sister and my cousin.

While I laid in my bed, I got an overwhelming feeling of unease, and felt the need to bolt out of my room. However, I recognized this feeling. I was sensing a nearby spirit, and I confirmed this once I turned my head slightly to the left to see a woman standing by my closet. She simply stared at me, no longer screaming, just crying. Her eyes were red from crying and her lips looked chapped, as if she wear wailing for a long long time.

I didn't know how to help this poor soul and I don't think she knew what she wanted either because once I got a good look at her she simply disappeared. As I fell asleep I couldn't get the image of her puffy eyes and the tears running down her cheeks. It makes me wonder what made her so sorrowful, I wish I could've helped her.

It's been over 3 months since that incident. Til this day I hadn't seen the screaming lady, and I hope that that wandering spirit found peace somewhere.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sweatseveryday, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-16)
good story can happen with anyone
It can linked with your story demon girl
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-19)
enchant, a few people have passed in this house, so perhaps that spirit is one of them. However I'd have to ask my grandmother to be sure.
enchantedglades (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
is there a history of the land, or house, in which the screaming lady might be linked to?
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
Austria, Thank you:) I 'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'll make sure to post more.
AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
Good story sweatseveryday! I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe this woman was some one who didn't die here but lived in agony. Sometimes spirits are attached to something that they really cared about or hated or shared an agony with. If you find out anything more about this woman please post it.

Regards,

AUSTRIA.
😁 😁 😁
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Alles, yes I did ask my grandmother, yet surprisingly she didn't hear the screams and neither did my mom.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
Hey, did you ask your grandma if she heard the screams too? While she did give you a basic history, maybe she could give you more insight if she also heard the screams.
sweatseveryday (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
lochkalten, it was more of that feeling of being watched. It was uncomfortable, but I wasn't scared nor did I feel I was in any danger. I usually get that feeling when a spirits close by me, so I'm kind of use to it.
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
composerman, that's a good idea! Thank you, I've never thought of a banshee before, but ill look into now. Thanks a bunch! I appreciate it 😁
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
rubina at first I did think she was a passing spirit but what people have said in the comments have led me to think more. There have been many deaths in this house so perhaps shes on of those spirits.
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
VSangels Wow! That's really amazing that your friend experiences that every year at the same time. I haven't experienced this before and neither has anyone else in the house up until that point. But thank you for sharing that
LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
When you saw the apparition, this feeling of unease you got, would you described it as fearful for yourself and danger. Or just unease of something unknown and other worldly?
Cheers Muchly
Loch
Composerman (33 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
This might be a bit 'far out', but I have read descriptions of 'wailing banshees' that are similarly described. It might be worth a look!

All the best.
VSAngels (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
This is too bad! Especially when you cannot help the person in pain because they are a spirit or you cannot get to them. It was clearly one of the people in the house that had died! Something interesting is this could be a yearly thing! I've had a friend that heard gunshots the same day every year that someone was murdered in her house. It just a spirit's sad but true reminder that "Hey! I died here. This is what happened to me!" Good luck and don't be scared. ❤
Rubina (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-16)
Maybe she was passing by or else this was her time of crying on certain days some spirits are timebound
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
[at] sds Well, my grandmother did tell me there have been about five people that have died in this house. See, my grandma is very kind and opens her house to anyone who needs it, sadly, some of them passed away from old age and natural causes. Thank you for that, I look into who stayed here and their background stories.
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
[at] Mothpete she was wearing what looked like to me a night gown. It reminded me of the ones my great grand mother use to wear to bed before she passed away.
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
[at] Pjod I tried to debunk this as a screaming cat, but it would've been impossible for my cousin to have heard this in her room because she is two floors down (its the basement we renovated into 3 bedrooms and a bathroom, but has no windows), and it seemed to be resonating from within the house.
sweatseveryday (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Yes, it did really scare me. I was afraid it would come back every night! And my sister and cousin were afraid to sleep in there rooms for about 2 weeks. My older sister decided to sleep in my moms room and my cousin in my room so none of us would be alone.
[at] Amie_16
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
I remember running out into a horrible storm after a tree fell in our yard because I had heard a woman scream. Turned out trees 'scream' when struck by lightening. Something about the sap boiling. Who knew? But this is different because you saw an apparition afterwards.
I echo SDS's thoughts.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
O Gosh! Did that thing scare you? And did you sleep peacefully that night? What did everyone else say about that thing?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
while this doesn't explain you actually seeing an entity after the screaming- animals (cats, etc) often make some strange sounding cries outside of homes at night.
Mothpete (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
What a horrible thing to hear. It's devastating to hear someone alive crying yet alone the unsettling sound of a lost soul. Do you remember any clothing on her?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
Hello sweatseveryday, have you checked the history of the house. How long have you been staying in the house? If you can investigate, perhaps you could get some information. If you are living in the house long enough, you can ask your parents or your grandparents, neighbours too. Probably that could give us some clues as to who was crying and why. Kindly post if you have any other information.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: