You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: What Was The Little Boy I Saw?

Real Ghost Stories

What Was The Little Boy I Saw?

 

This is completely new to me and really want your opinions on what you think.

Last night I was lying in bed and reading as usual using my phone as the source for reading articles etc. It wasn't too dark as there was a light on further down the hall way and also the light of phone lit up the area around me. As I was reading I noticed a black small object dart from the corner of the ceiling to opposite where I was facing. I didn't think to much of this. A minute or so after seeing this I am positive I saw a small boy around 4 years old with blond hair smiling at me right behind my phone I was holding, standing right beside my bed. I freaked turned around and closed my eyes for about a minute. I told myself I surely imagined this turned back around to look and there was nothing.

I am baffled as to what happened. My eyes have never played tricks on me before, I live in a new house and have had no paranormal activity ever happen to me before. Also later that night I suffered sleep paralysis, I have had this off and on my entire life, so unsure if this is connected to what I saw.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have had strange experiences as a child with what I believe now to be dreams, (I had an imaginary friend who lived in my wardrobe and visited me every night that I called the little green man) and a lot of strange dreams, in fact I still have them but they are normal to me, but I have never seen a spirit before. Please insights are what I seek and your thoughts, thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unsure1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
That orginial house may be the key factor in figuring out who the child is.
GIRLIE ❤
unsure1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
Girlie- The house is only 4 years old and we're the only owners so no history on the house, the land it is built on was subdivided and new houses built on to it, the land originally belonged to a large house built in the 20's which later got subdivided into three sections. I do not know any history on the land.

Sds- Thank you for your feedback, yes it did happen on the 13th of May which was a day after my birthday (does the date have some relevance?) I have not seen the little boy again but I do feel as though their is a presence around, however I do not know if it is because of what I saw and am over thinking thinks. One thing though I have noticed is that my mood has been a lot more irratable lately when home I am more snappy and annoyed at things than I usually am, I am under no extra stress and nothing has happened for my mood to change. This started about a week or so before I saw the boy, and only when at home. Thank you for commenting I really appreciate the feedback and advice as this is all very new to me.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Hello unsure1, welcome to YGS. I don't think that the dark object you saw and the apparition of a smiling boy are connected. The small dark object might be because that sometimes when you are viewing the mobile phones in dark and there is a possibility that the eyes give such kinds of illusions.

But as far as the smiling face of a boy is concerned, it could be that it might be paranormal, a random event. But still you have to wait and see. If something comes up again, it is advisable to maintain a diary of events. Because you said that it had happened on 13th May, 2013. If you see or encounter any further activity, then it needs to be addressed. Kindly post if there is any further development in the matter.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Did you ever try to do any history on the house or land? This may help you in figureing out about the little boy. Thank you for sharing and hope to hear more from you.
GIRLIE ❤
unsure1 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Thank you for your kind comment Amie 😁

WishfulNull- Thanks for the feedback, yeah I completely understand about the dark shape I saw being my eyes adjusting, however though it was small it was about the size of a tennis ball, which I haven't experienced before but yes your explanation does make sense. The boy was definitely what freaked me out, I can still picture him smiling. I had not long gone to bed and was not sleepy at all, I actually had my 8year old daughter asleep next to me as she did not want to sleep in her own room and had not long got her to sleep before I started to read. I do believe this was just a passing through experience as you said. Thanks again for your feedback I really appreciate it 😁. Kel
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Hi unsure1, interesting experience... As for the black shape you saw, this could have been your eyes - in the semi-dark, reading by a backlit screen that is bright, and going from looking at that, to a dark wall/room, where your eyes have to adjust suddenly... It makes sense that your eyes may have been playing tricks on you. Now, as for the boy... That is pretty hard to explain away, unless you might have been drifting off to sleep a bit, or something like that? It could be a paranormal event... But I would say it's just a one-off thing... If it was, I think it was just someone passing through. Of course, that doesn't make it any less startling to witness! 😨 Thank you for sharing, and best wishes to you!
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-23)
Nice story I'm adding it to my favourites 😊 welcome to this site and keep posting hun...
Thanks for sharing and regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: