You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Still Watching Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

Still Watching Over Me

 

I just recently moved back to the old home place where I grew up. The house is no longer standing so I bought a trailer and put it on the six acres.

My husband and I hadn't lived in the trailer but a few months when we had our first experience. My dog Pee Wee woke me up one night barking. It was around midnight. I put Pee Wee in the laundry room because he was having accidents and we were retraining him. Well, I yelled for him to hush a few times and then I heard someone whistle. I thought maybe I was hearing things so as I got out of bed to see to Pee Wee, so did my husband. We managed to get Pee Wee settled down and my husband asked if I heard someone whistle. I told him I did but thought I was hearing things.

At first we thought someone was trying to get in but as the year went on, more funny things happened. My son and I were outside trying to see if we could catch some orbs on camera when we heard a whistle again. Well, this time I wasn't waking up from a sleep and it came from behind the trailer...again.

My sister told me that my papaw whistled all the time and this was his land before he passed. I had a feeling that it had to be one of my people. My papaw was a jokester and he probably thought it was funny that he freaked me out a little.

The doors in my house will shut by themselves if I leave them open. It is a brand new home and this started before I started turning the air conditioner or heater on.

It scared my son at first but now he is used to his ancestors messing around so he just tells me my dad or papaw are at it again.

I have had more things happen but will write later but I am not afraid of these spirits. Yes, I believe there are quite a few but they are all family. I am not scared. Actually, I feel safe, like I have a bunch of guardian angels.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lawgrl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
Hi lawgrl, quite interesting. But I don't if it could be your papaw, it might be. Still I cannot be very sure about it. Did you get anything in your camera. If you had, please try to upload it. Try to keep a journal, it could help.

Keep posted your further experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
Awesome! I like these kinds of stories happy and creepy all at the same time. Keep sharing please! 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-06)
Interesting story.

I have some questions:
Did you place the trailer on the same spot were the old house used to be?
Did you ever get pictures of orbs and, if so, could you post them for us to see?
How many of your family members passed away in the old house?

I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences.
Thanks for sharing.
lawgrl (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-05)
I actually looked forward to their "visits" and I am constantly talking to them. I talk to my aunt quite a bit. She is always after me to keep my house cleaner.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
That is so great that your family looks at this as just another visit from Papaw! I'm seriously looking forward to more postings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: