You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Invisible Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Invisible Woman

 

My first experience with this spirit is when I was young. I was about nine, and was awake in my bed. I never went to sleep before my mother got home from errands or if I just couldn't say good night to her for any reason. She was at the supermarket, I think, and wouldn't be home for a while, so my father sent me to bed. I was lying awake, thinking about the day (I always thought of such things before bed at that age) when I heard it. Breathing at the foot of my bed. It was heavy, like whatever was making it was angry or even scared. Though breathing has no gender, I always thought of it as female.

I froze and stared at the end of my bed, trying to think of a logical explanation. My cat wasn't in the room, and my sister, who sleeps on the top bunk, was downstairs. Eventually, I ran out of my room. The next part is a description of my house for past and future stories, so you can skip if you'd like.

Now, when you get out of my room, there's about a yard of wall on either side. The left wall connects to the bathroom, a small closet, and my oldest sister's room at the end of the hall (where my other sister is now and the room described in Girl in the Mist). The wall on the right cuts off and crates and opening to the family room, then continues to my brothers' room. From the living room, there are the kitchen, hallway, and glass doors that lead to the patio. The kitchen leads to the dining room. The hallway contains a half bathroom, a mirror and the front door, and then connects to the dining room. The dining room has the master bedroom on the right side and has three steps that lead to the living room. The dining room is cut off from the dining room by a decorative railing. Now back to the story.

I ran into the family room, where my father was sitting at the computer. When he asked why I was up, I simply stated I was scared because I heard breathing in my room. Probably thinking it was a child's imagination run wild, he continued his business on his computer and told me to go back to bed and that nothing was there. Instead of going back in my room, I laid on the couch for about ten minutes before I went back in my room. As soon as I lay back down, the breathing started again. I sat up, glared at the spot where the breathing was coming from and firmly said "Go away, I'm tired and want to go to sleep!" A few seconds later, it stopped. I slid back into a lying position and immediately fell asleep.

It visited me more than once, more and more often as I grew up. It still visits me, about once every two weeks. It's always in the same general area. It sometimes even whispers, but I never know what it says. It will go away as soon as I start to play music or sing or make any continuous noise. It always visits me at night or in the evening. It's not like I want to get rid of it, but it still frightens me.

Any comments are extremely helpful, so please do! Thank you all for your past opinions and please read my past stories and comment on them, as I'm constantly checking them for new comments!

Other hauntings by ghostsrreal202

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostsrreal202, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
Dear everyone,

Sorry I didn't clarify how I felt that it was female. I don't know if it's female of male, but the breathing had a light, more feminine way of breathing. Plus, like I said, sometimes it faintly whispers, so I knew it was female by the voice.

Thank you all for your opinion. It's kind of hard for me to learn about my house's history, as my mother herself didn't really know much and wasn't told much about it. I'm just a teenager, so I don't know how to look up things like that... 😢

Again, thank you for commenting. I do live in the same house, and my family has been here since my oldest sister (age 24).

~ghosts ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
Hello ghostsrreal202, I want to ask a few questions. Do you live in the same house and occupy the same room? Have you tried to find out the history of the house? Did anybody else in the family, your sister or brother or mother experienced anything like yours? Also, what happens if you stay or sleep in a different room? Please clarify.

I feel that what dhlp_xyz said is right. She is not harmful. But I also wonder as to how you decided that it was female. It could be or may not be. Cannot be sure without further inputs. But when you speak to it, try to be soft in your speech and request it to respect your space and privacy. I have a feeling that it does not realise that it passed on. So after a few days to talking, perhaps you might try to say that it passed on and request it to realise it and see the light. Also try to listen to the whispers. It could help. Please also try to maintain a journal.

Keep us posted of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
this only happened to me once about 3 months ago... I was lying on the bed when this mysterious breathing started up... It lasted for about 10 seconds before fading away... I wonder what it means? We live in a strange world.
kritesh (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
dhlp_xyz is right you will have to know his or her problem from your story it's clear that it obey your command
dhlp_xyz (1 stories) (10 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
Hi

How do you came to know that the breathing sound were occurred by an invisible female.

Try to understand what she wants to tell you, don't be afraid because she is not harmful for you otherwise she would have already harmed you a lot.

Try to ask who she is and what is she doing here, does she have any relation with you, try to know more about her and share with me, certainly some explanation and solution will come out.

Take care...
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
If it was heavy as in when someone is asleep then maybe this woman died in her sleep. Because it stops when you speak maybe you are 'waking up' the spirit. Thanks!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: