You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possible Poltergeist?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Poltergeist?

 

I'm not generally one for ghost stories outside of movies and video games, but since talking to one of my friends who had had experiences she convinced me to submit my story here and ask for advice.

Lately the doors in my house have been opening and closing sort of strangely? To the extent where even if there's no possible way for them to be pushed open (i.e. They're locked and there's no breeze and no one's home) they will anyway? It doesn't really happen at a set time, but especially today they've opened and closed a lot, since I started telling people about it.

Though when I asked politely if they could stop for a while so that I could finish some work without interruption, the door closed softly one last time and didn't open again for another few hours when I was reading a book.

However even if it is a little unsettling it doesn't seem very harmful or mean in any way.

Yesterday, my parents were arguing and fighting and started yelling at me about who knows what and it got me really upset. Usually I don't cry over things like this as it happens often, but I couldn't help it so I went in my room and closed my eyes and cried for a while. About a minute later, I heard the door to my room open and close very gently and turned around to find no one there; but the atmosphere in my room had turned very pleasant and comforting and I really felt better.

Once I have woken up to see a dark figure standing next to my bed, but I didn't really feel threatened in any way and went right back to sleep. In looking back on it I might have felt an initial shock, but that was about it.

I've also occasionally felt another presence when walking through my house at night or I'll think I have seen a shadow of someone out of the corner of my eye during the day.

It doesn't feel like the usual uneasiness you feel when alone in a house, and I honestly think there may be something else here?

Does anyone know what this might be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, epilepepsi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AH (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-13)
its probably a spirit who is just lonely and wants to be friends it is there to help you talk to you it can't talk try tapping a piece of paper to your room wall with a question on it and just leave it there from 3 to 4 days and leave a pencil or marker near that paper and it may write back
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
I do not know if ghost are real anymore. To be honest poltergeist engery happens with teen females more than males I read. Not to sound a disbeliever sometimes I see shadows I think it is the corner out of my eye nothing paranormal I believe never know I don't have very good vision so I do not know if that can make you see things or not.
Kyo-the-Phoenix-of-Shadows (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
If it was a poltergeist, you may have seen floating balls of light occasionally. I think it's just a spirit that has taken a liking to you. No need to worry unless it suddenly becomes violent.
jazzyq (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-24)
This is just a theory because I am not an expert when it comes to the paranormal by any means, but I would think if the spirit was a good person in life then they wouldn't really change in death so it might not be a relative of yours maybe they lived in or around your home at some point in the past and are just hanging around, you are not scared by their presence because they aren't bad.
ghosty_gal (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-22)
Probably a deceased friend or relative protecting you. The door thing is just a warning to other people that your home is well guarded, don't come in. They won't harm you, so be happy.
epilepepsi (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
In regards to the whole poltergeist thing, that was just what my friend has called it. I'm honestly not too familiar with most of this stuff, but I think it's safe to say it's probably not that?

As for the loved ones, I've never been very close to most of my family, and those that I do speak with are still alive and well. So it's hard to imagine something like that is the cause.:?

To answer valkricry, yes, my little brother has seen the doors open. And he's also talked to me about the dark figure I see from time to time. He doesn't seem afraid of it either, but has mentioned that his bedroom door tends to open and close from time to time.

Honestly, I'm just very confused haha.
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-19)
When I was 6 or 7 years old, every night I would hear the wooden chairs in the kitchen move back and forth - sliding. This went on for years. One day when I couldn't take it anymore, I asked my mother about this and she had me pray. I tell you it stopped immediately. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
Hello epilepepsi, I also do not think it is a poltergeist. Their actions would be different from what you have narrated. I feel it could be your guardian angel or someone, who loves you and who passed on. Perhaps your grandparents or close friends. If you do not feel threatened, then you can ask it to respect your space and privacy, which you did already, whenever you need.

Thanks for sharing you experience and keep posting further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
jazzyq (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-18)
I would have to agree with valkricry if there is an entity in your home it really doesn't seem to have done anything yet to call it a poltergeist from what you have said it sounds more like it cares for you and is trying to let you know its there 😁
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Well, this doesn't fit the usual poltergeist profile. The word literally means 'noisy ghost', and generally extends past the opening and closing of doors.
If (and I say IF) this is a haunting of some type, then I would categorize it as Intelligent, as it interacts with you. The opening and closing of the doors, may just be their way of saying, "Hello, I'm here." or, "You're not alone. I'm here."
Has anyone else witnessed the doors opening/closing? Have you lost anyone close to you recently?
IGottaBeMe (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Well it definitely doesn't seem harmful, which is good:)
It may be a spirit but not necessarily a poltergeist and I must say you're quite lucky it means no harm. But just be careful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: