You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost at Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost at Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park

 

My boyfriend and I went to Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park yesterday, when we came back to wait for our bus in the parking lot, we were early so we decided to watch Kingda Ka and the Superman coasters to take some pictures. After taking pictures, we were leaning on a white plastic division blocker for cars when my boyfriend kept looking next to him while we were talking. Then from out the corner of my eye I "saw" some young white dude in age from 17-23yrs old, about 6'1 standing next to me. He had a curly red or brownish afro and was wearing a red shirt (like a red, black, white lumber jack).

I asked my boyfriend if he saw someone standing next to me he said "No, but I thought I saw someone SITTING next to me". Come to find out we saw the same guy, he described him with blue jeans and old black and white converses with a red shirt. Something you would wear in the 80's and 90's, old school gear.

So today I found this on the web: On August 16, 1981, 20-year-old park employee Scott Tyler of Middletown fell from the Rolling Thunder & 8 teenagers who died in the haunted house fire in 1984... I know there are many more deaths probably... I wouldn't be surprised if I seen Scott Tyler but I need a pic of him to tell.

http://query.nytimes.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Six_Flags_parks

But who ever that was, I know they were a ghost and won't be forgotten by me. I look forward to seeing them again at Fright Fest, since the ghost didn't threaten us, it just seem to be hanging out like it was "chilling'" with us. For if it was him (Scott Tyler) I kind of understand why it was next to u,s I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 22, we are around the same age as him when he died.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dirtyjerzambeez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SuziCueZ2 (1 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-06-22)
Dear Dirtyjerzambeez, Wow... It sounds like you definately saw Scott Tyler. Scott & I went to high school together (Class of '79 & we were friends (He played my 'dad' [at] my 'Mock Wedding lol). Scott was about 5'10, chunky & he had wavy auburn red hair (Styled like Danny Partridge) & he loved his Rugby shirts & he was one funny guy. We were all shocked when we found out he was the guy in the Rolling Thunder accident. I do have a few pictures of him - But I have no clue how to post them!
JimmyP (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-07)
Great Adventure, New Jersey- Old Haunted House which caught fire and took 8 teenager's lives in May 1985. Ironically it was my first or second day working at the park. I was assigned job as clerk in gift store. Shortly into my shift I was inexplicably pulled out of shop to stand watch and divert visitors from an area engulfed in smoke and flames. It was a horrible assignment for which my 18 years on earth had not yet prepare me. I eventually heard it was a fire at the haunted house. I recall thinking it seemed like a bad fire and questioning why the park was not closing. My shift ended yet no supervisors were anywhere to be seen. I just stood there doing as assigned either out of sense of duty, concern or interest, until I finally decided I should just clock out and go home. I left with little knowledge of just how bad a tragedy I was blocking people from. News was slow in those days (1985) the fire was reported at 11pm but no details of missing youths or extent of tragedy was included. I returned to work the next day as scheduled for opening shift. The park offices shared the same area as the employee building and park entrance. As I exited the building to enter park I witnessed dozens of people (who were obviously not employees) running around desperately screaming. One of them approached me explaining that they were all parents and families of teens who never returned home from park the prior evening She begged me for help crying that park management would give them no details or access to emergency officials and that they were told the only way they could get into park was to buy a ticket and wait for park to open. It was one of the most inhumane events I ever experienced. I stood there, jaw hanging, watching the crowd and tensions grow. No management was in sight. Disgusted I headed for locker room, changed, handed in uniform, and never returned to work again. (Truth behind treatment of Great Adventure Guests - Victim's Family's of Haunted House Mansion Fire Mistreatment)
gingerpunk (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
The company I work for has a location at Six Flags Great Adventure and I have been assigned there for the duration of the season. One of my friends and I are huge roller coaster fanatics, and, after arriving at work early yesterday morning, I decided I'd take a walk over by Superman to get a picture of the new Green Lantern coaster to send him. I'm disappointed that I cannot post the picture here, but in it there seems to be a thick cloud hovering in front of the ride- in front of where the entrance to The Great American Scream Machine used to be. The cloud is somewhat translucent at its outer edges, growing thicker and more opaque at the center. I could see it clearly in the screen of my camera phone before I took the picture, and I moved several times to try and eliminate it from the shot. I rearranged how I was holding my phone, thinking it was some kind of shadow cast by one of my fingers, but, in the end I resigned to just take the picture with the mass, because it seemed like nothing would eliminate it. I determined it must be an entity that wants to be seen.
zac666 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Hey TamiLynn the date was actually May 11, 1984. Hmm from researching about the event, you couldn't have heard the people inside screaming. Because the 8 people that burned to death were actually passed out on the floor due to breathing in all the smoke. My friend's uncle was working at the park when it happened. He still has flash backs of it everytime he see's a haunted/ fun house when we go to fairs and theme parks. Oh just an FYI when bodies burn they smell like burnt toast, the town I live in has a creamatorium and they burn bodies every thursday. It's sad that people can't even go to amusement/theme parks without worrying about if the ride is safe. The park should put up a plack of remembrance for the 8 people.
popartpete (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Tamiwill is right that Golden Earring played the night of the Haunted Castle fire, but has the date confused. It was May 11, 1984, not in August.
Now, I have produced a documentary film and written a book about the Haunted Castle fire.
In my research, I employed a psychic and a paranormal investigator, and we all went to the former premises and investigated.
I have always sensed a feeling that it was haunted. I am very sensitive to these things, but I have never seen anything out of the ordinary there, only an intense feeling of sadness in the air. In contrast, a house I stay in when I visit Florida seems happy enough, but I have experienced what I felt to be borderline poltergeist activity there.
One of the investigators noticed black shapes roaming the Haunted Castle property, and such appeared on our video, although the black shapes could be dismissed as something else quite easily. It sure looks eerie, but maybe the camera was shaking, and it was a shadow.
Other people have reported apparitions for years on the site of the Haunted Castle, where there were 7 boys killed: all 17 & 18, and one 16 year old girl.
The stories I heard were associated with the bumper car ride that eventually was placed over the site. One report had a spirit walking over the floor of the attraction, another had a spirit appearing in one of the phony windows of the facade of the ride, which was known as the Autobahn.
A girl in her early twenties was killed on Lightnin' Loops in 1987, and the aforementioned Rolling Thunder death, that of a young twenty-something male, occurred in 1981.
I don't know what every kid in the Haunted Castle fire was wearing, but a lumberjack shirt seems out of context, as the temperatures were in the 70's that day.
Nobody died on Kingda Ka, although I believe it's a death trap waiting to happen!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
What?

I have just been on that WINKIPEDIA

Thing and wow all of those deaths I cannot believe it and I totally believe you now that I have read them...

... 😨
skafan419 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
It sounds like the ghost you saw is one of the 8 teenagers that died in the haunted castle fire. The Haunted castle was near the area you said you saw the ghosts.

Unfortunatly the people that died in the fire accidently started the fire by holding a lighter up (so they could see where they were going). The lighter bumped against a foam wall and the castle became on fire.

Thankfully the employee who was working in the "phantom" room was able to lead out other people and saved their lives. Sadly that person was never really recognized for his actions.

If you want to learn more about the accident there is a 5 part documentary series on Youtube about the accident.

http://youtube.com/user/jackbuster

look around his channel for the haunted castle videos.
digitaldj21 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Just FYI to Tamiwill, I hope nobody believes that story that you put in your comment becuase first of all no body even knew until after the park was closed that people had died, and two... The fire didn't even happen on August 16th! It happed on May 11, 1984! So please don't start giving false facts! If you want to learn the true story of the fire check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QndKjUVG5mU the documentary of people that were REALLY there that day!
TAMIWILL (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-16)
I rememeber August 16 1984 very well actually. I was 19 years old getting ready to go back to college. My boyfriend and myself were Season pass weekly visitors of GA (Great Adventure). The day was very humid, the air was very sticky, it was my God mothers birthday. We were visiting the park for an event. The park was crowded. The park was putting on a concert that evening, it was GOLDEN EARRING, they were going to play, When The Bullet Hits The Bone, it was one of their hit singles. While walking the park and waiting for the concert to start there was an over whelming smell of smoke. The park seemed calm yet something was happening as people began to flock towards this row of trailors that were a makeship haunted house. My boy friend and my self did the same afer many minutes of being passed by flocking people. As People passed we herd rumor that the park was closing. The closer we got the the area of the large ferris wheel the air grew heavier, thick with smoke. As we closed in on the area of the makeship haunted house the smell in the air became very foul. I can still recall the stench. We stood further back away from the area looking on and being quiet so to listen, and as we listened we heard screaming people screaming for their lives and the smell of hair, maybe flesh, I am unsure, however one thing I am sure of, is that the air was filled with death and the smell to match it. I believe I have visited the park once since then, it was many many years later, and one time I visited, I saw a boy at the far right hand exit area and he said to me "I shouldnt have gone back in tonight" meaning himself, and he was gone,POOF. I rememeber August 16 1984, I will never forget it, I was wearing white. Until TamiLynn
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Ah!A six flags ghost! I just love to hear about them! Here in texas we have loads! I just heard them screaming in delight next to my ear which is rather creepy...anywho,we have a little boy that is near the Texas Giant and a little girl taht lives in the yellow house in six flags. There are sevreal andults but I forgot how many. Anywho each died there. Most were customers and died on the water ride uase they jumped off-.-Anyways,thanks for telling this! Yes it feels to be Sott, he just doesn't want to leave and wants friends. Let him hang out with you and talk to him next time!He's very friendly.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Brandon,
Ghost or spirits are in death as they were in life. So therefore should a person who was kind and loving in life cross over they will remain that way. On the other hand if they were mean and nasty, well then they shall remain so in the after life. Can they hurt you, well that just depends on if you are empowering them or not. Ghost and entities of a bad or evil nature feed off the energy of your fear, hence if you don't fear them, then they have no real power to harm you. I have never been harmed by a human spirit, I have been attacked mentally and spiritually by a dark entity and you can read about that in my story www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=1045
Hope I was able to answer your questions.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
sheepy012 (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
I know this isn't really a comment but I wanted to ask you guys something. Seeing ghosts are just people (dead ones who are earth bound) do they have individual personalities? Like if they were an angry person will they be an angry ghost? Are bad ghosts actually capable of hurting me?
Thanks - Brandon
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Oh, I forgot to say in my last comment, thanks Abby actually recommending my story!
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
I agree with seeing the ghost at Six Flags, if you check out one of my stories, I saw a ghost on Kingda Ka. He talked to me and was very nice. I should of asked him if he knew of anymore deaths at Six Flags. 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
i had no idea that there had been so many injuries and fatalities at the Six Flags parks.

i wouldn't be a bit suprised if it isn't Scot or one of the other individuals that are hanging around at the park. They certainly may have had unfinished business.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear Dirtyjerzambeez,

I appreciate your story. I am also very familiar with your story and ghost sighting, as well as there being another similar story posted on this same site by GhostTalker13 from New Jersey.

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=1429

I would certainly hope everyone would investigate their sightings and encounters whether they are famous known ones or not. This is what makes for a good ghost hunter and investigator. The fun ghost sightings are those that are not famously known and these prove to be more of a surprise and confirmation especially for those who disbelieve during their investigation. Sometimes if you expect things to be there a person can create it, but it is more fun and investigative to search in sites not known to have famous hauntings. A bit more frightening too, because it is more unsuspecting. Boo! --Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: