You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Poltergeist Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Poltergeist Or Something Else?

 

Recently my boyfriend and I have noticed something strange in our apartment. The first happening occurred one day when we had been out running errands. When we got home the television and the hall light were on. We always turn everything off before we leave. He checked every room in the house, trying to make sure nobody had broken in and there was nobody there.

Both my boyfriend and I are very aware of the spirit world and can see, smell and sense them. After my daughter had gone to bed, we went through the apartment and cleansed, shielded, and put up wards on every window and door.

Nothing else happened for a few days until once again we left for awhile, came home and noticed that a small picture of my daughter had been knocked of the kitchen bar and there was an odd smell near our roommate's bedroom that could best be described as a cigarette burning with the combination of something sour.

Later that afternoon my boyfriend was coming out of the restroom and told me that he saw a shadow behind him in the mirror. As soon as he turns around, it's not there.

A week or so later we were playing a zombie shooting game trying to take out some stress from the day and I kept seeing slight movement out of the corner of my eye in the hallway. Seeing it was probably around 1:30-2:00am in the morning, our roommate was long asleep and so was my daughter. So I ignored it and kept shooting zombies, until I saw what looked like a small shadow hand coming through the baseboard closest to the entertainment system. We played a little longer and decided to call it a night.

After laying down I told him about what I saw and tried to figure out what could be allowing it to stay after all the precautions we take on a daily basis. We noticed that it mainly seems to appear only in the darkest parts of the house or at night. It seems to be more active when someone is angry or upset and has never shown itself in more than a shadow form, all pointing to a poltergeist. Until later, as we were talking about it, my boyfriend saw what looked like a tattered almost bat looking wing come through the wall of our bathroom... Poltergeist don't have wings.

Completely confused at that point, we decided we would try and figure it out the next day as we were both very tired. As I was drifting to sleep I felt a tap on the back of my shoulder. So I rolled over thinking it was my boyfriend only to find him asleep facing the opposite direction.

The only history I know about the apartment is a Wiccan use to live here and we don't know if she was white or dark witch so maybe that could contribute. Only other reason we could figure that it is active is were about to be moving and it's trying to gain all the energy it can before we leave.

If any of you have an idea of what this is, please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mystic25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mystic25 (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Mack, Its a possibility that is why it looked like it has wings. It doesn't frighten me, I have witnessed so much in the spirit realm over the years it takes a lot to rattle my chains anymore. If anything it was more confusing and slightly frustrating seeing that I strive on keeping a calm positive environment in my home. Only thing I can think of that it could feed off of is the stress of moving and my daughter going through the terrible twos and her mood swings. Recently we have had less activity though I see it every now and then so I think it is getting weaker. Thank you for responding.

I wish you the best.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Hi Mystic - I don't believe a poltergeist should look any particular way. They are generally a powerful spirit, possibly drawing on the uncontrolled energy of certain people.

I believe a powerful entity / spirit (good or bad) can present itself in whatever form (s) that it desires. I think the wing is possibly merely a symbol of the nature of it's being and probably a way to attempt to unsettle you / freak you out, and possibly draw on your fear (if you are feeling any)

I wouldn't worry too much about "categorizing" whatever has manifested in your home, I think you need to try and work out what is is, why it's there (to a degree) and as others have suggested here, spiritually cleanse your home.

Regards

Mack
Mystic25 (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Heaven_of_ash

Currently we have not used sage because recently it has been here more than not. Even with opening and cleansing the apartment it would more or less have little effect or trap it here.

Mack, We have experienced things similar to this before yes but never just like it. I definitely agree that it's not just a normal poltergeist... Though at first it presented itself as one. Things out of place, a foul scent left behind, knocking off a large bottle of detergent in our laundry room shelf when it was pushed to the back of the shelf. Then showing itself more often but still in shadow form. What throws us off is the wing that my boyfriend saw coming through our bathroom wall. Poltergeist don't have wings... I don't know of many things that do other than damen and angels. And this doesn't seem like either. I have seen both and this doesn't fit either category. So needless to say we are currently still trying to figure out what it is so we can handle the situation. It's all rather puzzling at the moment. Especially considering that it isn't even coming up on our radar so to speak. It just doesn't make sense.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Hi Mystic

Thanks for sharing - well I can tell what I think it definitely isn't; and that's a genuine or typical poltergeist.

Poltergeist (German translation: noisy ghost / spirit) hauntings are predominantly noises; rappings, crashes, dragging sounds and objects being moved, thrown around, disappearing (then re-appearing in odd places.) Poltergeist hauntings are often (but not always) associated with children going through puberty and / or a tense and unhappy home environment

Sometimes, voices and/or animal noises begin to be heard, bad smells appear and then visual apparitions in some cases.

To me, what you have a mischievous, childish spirit that is attempting to frighten you, or wants some attention.

However, I am a little surprised that you are asking if anyone has an idea of what this is, because you stated:"...Both my boyfriend and I are very aware of the spirit world and can see, smell and sense them..."

I therefore assume you have had plenty of exposure to things of spirit, have you not seen / experienced this kind of "scary" dark entity-type manifestation before?

Regards

Mack
heaven_of_ash (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Have you tried saging the room? If that didn't/ doesn't work maybe put some Black Tourmaline and Rose quartz around and nearly any dark-colored or black stone will ward off negative energy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: