You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Someone Else's Memory

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Else's Memory

 

I am not really sure where this fits in, not sure it there is anything ghostly about it, but it is definitely paranormal. I would begin by saying I have regular medical exams and nothing unusual has appear in any tests, and I am in reasonable health but this is something that is just so strange I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on the subject.

It all started about 5 years ago. I was on a train headed up to Portland, Maine, just looking out the window at the passing landscape when I must of drifted off or something, because I started to remember working with a co-worker that I knew quite well on some type of inventory for the office. The problem was I had never worked in that office and really did not know the other worker at all, had never seen the person before in all my life. I snapped out of the memory with a kind or vertigo. It was like I had viewed someone else's memory.

I have had a few other incidents of the same kind, but they have all seemed to be rather mundane memories, nothing out or the ordinary. When these incidents started they happened about every couple of weeks, but they have come less frequently, the last happened about three months ago. They seemed to happen when I am a passenger, never as a drive, thankfully; and always leave me with a sense of vertigo-so maybe there's some type of motion sickness involved? But that is something I don't usually get.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? If it wasn't just mundane memories I've been experiencing, I could put it down to an over active imagination, but why would you imagine something quite ordinary? Any ideas of what these incidents are all about? Will they/can they be stopped? I know I'm usually quite sane but these just get to me, if anyone can offer an explanation I would appreciate it.

Other hauntings by mrmonty

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrmonty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Friends,
Thank you for your thoughts on these events. I'm pretty sure it's not past lives I'm remembering since the "memories" are kind of "here and now". The places (offices, other buildings, shops) are modern. Maybe someone is telling me to have more "empathy". LOL. I have been doing some meditation and nothing has happened lately.
Monty
Lucas_mclerie (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-28)
it may even be a rendezvous, a memory that will happen sometime in the future.
Lucas_mclerie (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-28)
hmm... This sounds like some sort of telepathy or past life flashback.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-26)
There are 2 reasons here:

Either you could be an empath and can connect with someone as they "pass by"

Or

You could be remembering past lives, heck even both could be possible!

I myself have only ever "slipped" into one of my past lives. It is always fun but it is something to look into.

Blessed be! From a Maniac 😁
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
It's simple telepathic abilities. Just as a test use someone you know and trust and try to insert a thought into their mind and vice versa. If it works and you are a true telepathic individual, please remember that privacy is everything.
Cariss2014 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
I get this a lot. I know it sounds like detective work but look at the surroundings in these memories. See what kind of things that stick out to indicate the year. This could determine whether it's a past life depending on what year it is compared to your age, if it seems to close to the time you have been on this earth you are seeing a memory of someone else and it could be a sign someone needs your help from the other side
StevenTylerRocks (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-24)
Just a thought... Maybe past life memories? Possibly because you are in a relaxed state, your mind can tap in to these memories. Try to remember details of your surroundings when it happens. If things look like you are in a different era, past life memories might be an answer. If everything looks current, maybe you are picking up on others thoughts around you. I have no strong belief that we are reincarnated, but it could be possible.
Yheladeth (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
I think that you could be an empath. That could make you 'sense' other people's memories or even feelings. I have had that kind of experiences and I think that as long as you are aware that they are not yours, you can prevent them from affecting you, mostly if they were negative experiences. I find it curious that you have this memories while traveling because I usually have them in those moments and in my case it is because I tend to be very relaxed while traveling, as when meditating and probably that makes me more open to this kind of perception.
Classicvintagechic (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
Hey, I too have experienced the same thing. I've always wanted to ask a psychic or someone who can help if it was someone else's memory. Whenever these "memories" appear, I know and I am sure that I'm not asleep because I know I am awake (Obviously). A few seconds after I close my eyes, I see a very vivid event happening (very detailed) right before me but the fact that my eyes are closed makes it even more scary. This has been happening for quite sometime and I still haven't figured out what's going on. I've never even met these people in my life. I know that because the people I saw were foreigners and they're wearing outfits that were never worn here in my homeland.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
JerryB,
Here's the interesting part, I wasn't really asleep, kind of half asleep. And the memories? Where not of anything exciting. (Doing inventory, come on!) I wish I knew the people who I am getting these thoughts/memories/dreams from-I would beg them to be more interesting
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
Sure sounds interesting. I myself had had dreams of when I was in the army, and such dreams occurred many years after I was discharged -- the only catch is -- the dreams were me as the main character, always that, but me doing things and being places I've never in real life been. I find it strange but it hasn't happened for the longest time now. Also the dreams where I used to be able to fly without assist, just bend forward and lift off. Kinda miss that one, haven't had it in a long time either. Sounding like a prime candidate for the psycho couch aren't I.
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
Rook, Kaykay3313 and db,
Thanks for reading my posts and giving me some ideas of what might be going on. I will admit it happens when I'm drowsy, and usually on the commuter line, on the way home from work, so maybe I'm, or other people are more "open". I'm not sure I want to get stronger at doing this, maybe if the memories were a little more exciting. LOL. I sometimes do meditate, the next time I feel an incident coming on, I'm going to try that.
Thank you
db (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
The only thing that comes to my mind is times when in crowds of people being able to sense a kind of 'inner nature of thoughts' with some people followed up by striking up a conversation and then sure enough, my sensing was 'right on the money' With those closest to me (such as close friends and family) I have had several instances of situations that can be described as 'mind reading' including saying the same thing they were thinking. But strangers can be another matter altogether, including negative! This kind of sense has also saved me from potential trouble too but in your case probably because it is new to you it is disturbing so you need tools to insulate yourself somehow.
What seems to work well if I don't want to sense as much (because some people really do seem to broadcast more than others) is to imagine a 'positive bubble of energy' about yourself based on a strong sense of your identity so that nobody has any permission to enter your thought field unless you choose to let them. Try to make sure that you are having consistent good nutrition, rest and manage stress levels (this includes positive life balance ie: work and private life/for example, time out for yourself doing things you like from simple activities such as a walk in a park or personal hobbies) so that you are mostly relaxed and focus on the positive as much as possible.
Having been involved in outside sales work and being somewhat 'sensitive' myself has taught me over many years (including reading self development books) that a combination of my personal 'positive bubble of energy' and understanding how to 'read' and use both sense and managing interaction in a pro-active way leads to more positive outcomes even when the client/other person is very negative!
PS: If you have more episodes of vertigo both with and without the episodes you describe I would have it checked out more thoroughly because sometimes the inner ears can be a cause for it as well as other conditions.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
You were not in the same place while all these incidents occurred? I'm not at all sure but I think maybe you are sensitive to spirit's and they can easily show you their memories or make you feel their feeling's. You can train this to become stronger but if I was you I wouldn't, vertigo like feeling's aren't good at all I'm glad you were never hurt while this happened to you. Perhaps the vertigo feeling was the spirit drawing all of your energy to show you the event's that followed. I wish I knew more but that's all I know on this subject. Hope I was helpful kaykay3313
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
If you were dozeing during each episode and another individual was doing the same near you it may be possible that in your relaxed stated you opened yourself to their 'unshielded thoughts...memories...dreams...' the vertigo feeling was due to your 'spirits...consisoiusness (sp?) ' returning very quickily to your body.

With a bit of research more may be able to be found on this... But that was what came to mind as I read this experience.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: