You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Angel Of Death Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Angel Of Death Or Something Else?

 

I have known this story for so many years, and often searched for answers online but still feel rather confused. I have been reading stories on this website for over 5 years and always wanted to post this but never got round to it. However, again, its late at night and I am thinking about the event and needing answers.

So this took place around 21 years ago. My cousin, who was 24 at the time, was out for a drive one night and when he came home he was spooked by something that had happened. He told his mum, and as he often played a lot of pranks and would like to joke around, his mum didn't want to believe it and told him to stop trying to scare her.

What he had told her was that when he was out for a drive that evening, he looked in his rearview mirror and saw what looked like a man standing in the middle of the road. He stopped the car as he was concerned the man was lost or needing help as there was nothing close by, and no other vehicle in sight which he could have travelled in. It was simply just a long stretch of road. When he got out his car he noticed the man was no longer there, so he shouted out things such as, 'are you OK?', 'do you need any help?'. There was no response and my cousin couldn't understand where the man could have gone. As a result, he got back into his vehicle and as he was about to drive away he looked in his rearview mirror again and saw the man standing in the same original spot. He told his mum that his heart started to race and he pressed on the gas and left as quickly as he could.

Now I'm not sure if this was the next day or within the same week, but my cousin's brother noticed that the neighbour's dog was howling a lot recently and he joked and said, 'oh no I hope that isn't a sign of death coming' (both brothers had a bit of a dark humour). Again, the mum said please stop joking like this... God forbid.

Following these events, the mother woke up one morning and could not stop crying. She lay on her son's bed (the one who was out on the drive that evening) and she hugged him from the back while crying her heart out. He joked and said, 'Mum, that's no way to wake someone up'. She told him that she was getting a bad feeling.

The next day my cousin was out for a drive again. That day, the police came knocking on the door and informed my auntie and uncle that their son had died in a car accident.

Till this day our hearts are breaking as it was such a tragic loss.

After this heartbreaking event, his mum told us what he had been scared of that day when he saw the figure on the road, and the events that occurred in the same week. I have since wondered what it could have been and if it means anything?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zarza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PolarianFox (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-26)
Hi, Zarza I'm terribly sorry for your families loss.

The man your cousin saw could have been a type of Reaper or a spirit/entity that was connected with that section of road. Though some entities are stuck only in the places in which they passed they can be a warning of something bad coming to the person who sees them. Which means the man your cousin saw was warning him of the coming accident.

As for the howling dog, as silverknight stated the dog could have seen the man or another entity lingering near your cousins house and was upset by the presence of it.

Animals and young children are the most connected with noticing the presence of entities both good and evil. A dog suddenly howling like that could mean a lot of different things as the dog could have heard a siren from a long distance away due to their hearing being much better than ours, but with your cousin having seen what he did I would say it is more likely that the dog saw the same man your cousin did outside his home.

Your cousins mother, likely had a dream that she couldn't remember but felt the feeling from once she woke up which caused her reaction and why she said she had a bad feeling.

There is no solid answers you will be able to find on the events that took place prior to the accident without knowing a few things such as where the accident took place, if it was along the same road which your cousin saw the man on or if it happened somewhere else.

I do hope you find more answers that will help settle your mind on the matter. Again my condolences on your loss.
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
Hi there Zarza. First of all sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story to us here.
Hi also to Twilight101. I have some thoughts to say about the dog howling. In some Asian cultures, a dog howling could mean a couple of things. One is just as Twilight1011 said, death either incoming or afterwards. Dogs have strong senses and can feel loss of life of close people. Two is the dog might have seen the man or being lingering near your cousin's home. It is said that when dogs suddenly howl it could also mean the presence of something evil passing.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Hey Zarza, and welcome to YGS 😊 I'm glad that you decided to share your experience with us, though it's very sad to read, but I hope that you and your family are able to find peace with it, if ya'll haven't already. I know how it feels to lose a loved one so tragically. I do have a few questions I'd like to ask you, in hopes that you'll be able to answer them. My first being the same as Lady Glows, on if his accident happened where he had saw that man in his rear view mirror, and when you said at the end of your experience, that his mom told ya'll what he had been scared of that day he saw that man? I'm a little confused on what you meant by that 😕 was there something more to what scared him that day, aside from seeing a man that he couldn't find when he got out the car, or was you meaning that she told ya'll about him seeing that man just in general, and that's what scared him? I hope that made sense? My last question being on what your cousins brother said, about the dog howling. I've never heard of anyone thinking that it would mean a sign of death coming, when hearing a dog howl. Is this something that some people believe? My heart goes out to your aunt, as I couldn't imagine the loss of a child, and to hear that she even had a feeling that something bad was going to happen to her son, is so heartbreaking to think of 😢 the good thing I see with her getting that feeling though, is that it made her want to hug her son for as long as she could, and hopefully giving her some kind of peace that she in some way, was like giving him one last hug before he passed. But still, that's pain that I wish on no one, and truly feel for her. I'm sorry for your families loss, and hope that you'll find the answers that you've been looking for.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Hello Zarza - I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you know if the accident took place in the same area where your cousin saw the vanishing man?

I'm not sure if the dog's behavior was related to the events, but the mother's premonition is heartbreaking, it seems that she was aware that that's her last time hugging her son.

Thanks for sharing this fascinating experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: