You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Encounter With My Great-great-uncle

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Encounter With My Great-great-uncle

 

I traveled with my mom and my uncle to see my great-aunt and her two sons in their native country in Czech Republic on a vacation for two weeks. My uncle was going to come a few days after my mom and I.

So my mom and my cousins slept in bedrooms upstairs, my great-aunt slept in her room downstairs, and I slept in the living room on the sofa alone. My mom told me that my great-aunt's husband died over thirty years ago after they finished building their house.

Anyway I have a hard time falling asleep, especially in the pitch darkness so I was playing on my iPad to tire myself out. Then in the dark I heard a very stern voice say, "Dej to pryč" which means "put it away". It wasn't an angry or demonic voice. He sounded a little annoyed. I then felt a very cold sensation. The room did not shake and there weren't any loud bangs, just a man's voice. I knew it wasn't one of my cousins because they did not have that voice and I heard everyone snoring. So I immediately rushed up to my mom's bedroom and slept on the floor there until my uncle came a few days later. Honestly, I was too afraid to investigate or ask any questions. We slept on separate sofas in the loving room.

Though I never had another encounter, I always felt there was someone else in the living room. Could it have been my imagination or something beyond this world? I am not very spiritual, but I do believe that there is something waiting for us all after death. I do believe in ghosts, but I am still unsure if it was just my imagination, but nothing like that has ever happened before and since that strange night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mlw5796, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
mlw596, that's actually funny. The older generations don't really understand the younger generations gadgets. He sounded like he was a little annoyed with you being on your ipad rather than being asleep as everyone was doing. In our elders home, they believe we all go to sleep at the same time and we all get up at the same time. Well at least that's how I was raised.
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Just like my grandpa, he HATES when we text at the dinner table.

Cool story,man!
Sandy1690 (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
May be you were over tired thus your mind make up such voice... Relax and share it with your mum... ❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Hi mlw5796, welcome to YGS. But you had only one experience. It is better that you should investigate it further. You should ask about the history of the house, then explaining your experiences to others, you should request them to throw more light on it. Perhaps someone else might have had the same experience or one similar to yours. But with only one experience, it is difficult to comment further. I think it is harmless.

If you try to find out anything further, please post it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
I agree with everyone els, he was harmles and thinks i-pads are a waste of time. You know how those old guys are. I think he sounds kind of cute. Good story.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
I agree with SirenBelva,

Ask other family members. If it's your great-great uncle, maybe they saw him too:)

In any case, it seems like he was harmless. You might just have a gift for seeing these things:)

Peace to you ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
It seams like your gg-uncle couldn't understand your fascination with your iPad instead of going to sleep! 😜

Good story, thanks for sharing.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
I would describe your experience to your family members living in the house and ask them if they have experienced anything similar. If the experience scared you that much it was unlikely your imagination.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: