You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Intervention

Real Ghost Stories

Intervention

 

To all readers, this is about 2 of my 3 resident spirits, Gran and Charlie.

It's funny how the human mind works. Some people are naturally predisposed to be hard and unbending when interacting with others while others, such as myself, are the kind who tend to be too nice. In saying that, I have learnt the hard way how easy it is for the harder types to take advantage of "softies" like me. Of course, every person has a limit to what they can take. You stand back and let your mind take the beating (if it's not your body that gets it) until you reach the point of fight or flight. I never run. But when I enter fight mode, I can become just as hard as any of the others. When that happens, I barely have control over what I think, though I am not prone to violent outbursts.

The girl living in the granny flat in my yard is one of those hard people. She does not care who she uses, she does it without thinking twice. She has no respect for boundaries, personal or otherwise, and rarely considers the implications of her actions. Due to this fact, she has a tendency to alienate people, especially other women. In addition, her boyfriend is in trouble with her more than he is out of it. She did not work for a year and a half after moving in with her boyfriend, so they expected she clean the flat while they were at work. Reasonable. When she did not have something in the flat, like cleaning products, she would go and ask the lady who helps me clean my house. It got to be such a bad habit that my housekeeper eventually started putting empty bottles in sight so the girl could see there was nothing to borrow. She still has a nasty habit of wanting foodstuffs, everything from vinegar to cheese, milk to coffee. The reason I gave you this background is to understand what happened next. So, onward to the actual story.

10 August 2013 was a Saturday. I put my blackberry on silent at night before I go to bed. But, as all blackberry users will tell you, not even silent mode can disguise a "ping". Around 7:30AM this morning, I woke up to serious vibrations as my phone received ping after ping after ping. It took me a second or two to get my wits about me. I took my phone and looked at the messages, there were about 20 pings (I'm not exaggerating, this lady refuses to be ignored) and when I scrolled up to see the actual first message it read, "Hey girl, do you have some coffee for me?"

My blood started boiling in my veins. For a moment I bit my tongue and told myself to just ignore this. Then she went and opened the back door to my house. The housekeeper has a tendency to forget to lock the door, but I have a safety gate and this is the crucial part, an alarm system. The moment she opened the door, the alarm started screaming. I bolted out of bed like a bat out of hell to get to the panel before it started howling, waking the neighbourhood. When the alarm was silent, both my kids were standing next to me, one of them, T, had his hands over his ears. Loud noises really freak him out. I unlocked the passageway gate and headed to the kitchen, absolutely FURIOUS. I was so mad I pictured myself punching her. I have never hit anyone in my life. I entered the kitchen, and blasted through to the scullery, my kids in tow, and just as I entered and I could see the door and the woman standing there, smiling at me like this was the biggest joke ever, I stopped. I just pushed my fingers into my hair and stood there. Every thought I had, or attempted to have, sort of evaporated. She kept asking me if I was ok, I was so mad I was shaking. Who wakes someone up at that time of a Saturday morning, to borrow something that you can get in your car and go buy yourself?!?! She kept asking me if I was ok. I could get out that she just caused me really unneeded stress because I thought something had happened on the property, what with being so insistent on waking me up and all. But no other words would come out. I tried to focus on the anger, tried to get coherent thoughts in my head, but it just would not happen. I opened my mouth to speak, no words would form. I just thought I was dumb struck with anger.

After I had sufficiently cooled down, and all anger had basically dissipated, I was able to not only think and talk, but move. I had not realized it, but I had been stationary in the same spot since entering the scullery.

Now, considering that I have had quite a few ghostly encounters, but never really gave it any merit until September last year, when all was revealed in my home. I have often wondered what it would be like if a spirit took over your body or your mind. Bearing in mind, I never wished it to happen, I just wondered what it is like.

Fast forward to 16 August 2013. I had decided to tell Tim about the incident on Saturday. I asked him if Charlie had shown him what had happened. He said he had, and he could feel that I was not just angry, a much harsher expletive had to be used to explain my level of anger. He said that is why Charlie stopped me in the scullery. Tim said he could see a hand reaching out and grabbing hold of my shoulder. Pulling me back. I later realized that I had come to a stop exactly where Charlie had been the day of my mom's party when I kept dropping the glasses and where he had played a joke on Elaine and sat down on her feet (see "Guess who's back"). Now that I knew Charlie had been keeping me from getting too close to the girl, I asked Tim if Charlie had somehow kept me from saying anything. Tim said, no, that was Gran. He told me that he could see one of the boys standing with his hands over his ears, and wanted to know who and why. I told him it was T, he doesn't do well with loud noises, he did that when the alarm started screaming. Tim told me that is what spurred Gran on to intervene as well. In his words, "You mess with her boys, you mess with her. And that's never a good idea." Between the two of them they kept me from acting irrationally and doing or saying something that I would most definitely later regret and beat myself up about. Both of them were angry at her as well, but obviously totally in control of themselves.

Now I had been the one "controlled" by spirits, and, though I am very grateful for their help, it wasn't what I had expected. I still had a lot of control, didn't feel like I had been "taken over". Still scary, considering one always thinks "it will never happen to me".

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
Hi all
Update on this situation. The girl came into my house and asked if she could use my washing machine to wash a blanket that her daughters had soiled (runny tummies). I could not believe it. One, they have the exact same machine as I do, and two, she had not even tried to get the mess out of it before she asked. That's pushing the boundaries off a cliff if you ask me. I declined, and she got so mad at me she stormed out of my house and has not spoken to me in about 3 weeks.

I took it upon myself to raise this issue with her boyfriend's brother. After all, he is the one we have the agreement and contract with. I spoke to him about the axe incident, and promised if I found it lying around again, I would go deposit it onto the bonnet of one of their fancy cars. Forcefully. HE thinks I'm joking, hahaha. I told him that my house is not their local free-for-all mini mart and that I will not stand for that behaviour anymore. They also have a tendency to leave the gate open, which is a safety risk. Oh, there's trouble-a-brewing...
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Hi triden, you seriously have to set down some ground rules for this person, and enforce them... No more Mr Nice Guy!

How wonderful that you had your two 'house guests' to help you out and prevent you from doing 'bodily harm'. When a person is in the throes of anger, we often do things that we regret later - and get into trouble for it.

You have just reminded me of an incident that happened to me, back in January. At the time, I didn't think that it had any paranormal connotations, but now I wonder... 😕

Stay safe my friend, and thanks for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
[at] triden07, wow! I have definitly dealt with family members and neighbors much like the disrespectful girl. Its great your spirits in the home helped. And kept you from acting on anger. Nothing good comes from anger. Hope the neighbor gets it together and learns some sort of boundries and respect. Wish all the luck to you. Awesome experience.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Shlain
I'll tell you all about J, but he really is just a friend.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
J? Who's J? And he stayed over? Ooh la la! I want to know everything or else I'll start to PING you from 6AM tomorrow. See what my mind is latching on to? Hahaha!

Anyway, I'm glad he tuned her a bit and stood up to her. But I get the idea she's the kind of person where the info goes in one ear and out the other. Her laughing like its no big deal works on my nerves. Almost like she's laughing at YOU instead of the situation.

As for the boyfriend you need to grab him by the balls and squeeze really hard and painfully while relating to him the importance of responsibility especially when it comes to the safety of children.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Shlain
Haha my friend, she just kept asking if I was ok, and giggling. If I had control of myself then, I swear I would have hurt her. That night a friend of mine stayed over and he was up the Sunday morning way before I was, and he had been sitting outside having a smoke when she came barreling into the house. Uninvited. J immediately stopped her and told her to get her butt out of my house because I was still sleeping. So she stopped and ended up chatting with him. He later told me that he said to her if he was there the morning, that event would have ended with her being hit with a rolling pin. He is very confused when he wakes up, he'll attack before he asks questions. And, in her usual manner, she made it into a big joke.

And, as maddening as she is, her boyfriend is irresponsible to the level of it being ludicrous. When I got home from work yesterday I found my 2 6-year olds playing with an axe that the jerk had used Wednesday night and just left on the grass. An axe! I'm telling you, I am reaching the end of my tether.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Val, Seeker
Being the kind of person I am, I always want to help where I can. But I'm not stupid, this is her taking advantage of my "too nice" nature. I have really never felt that level of anger in my life. I think, if the boys had become more upset that morning, Gran may have done something on my behalf. She is so protective of my kids. Nariccisim is most definitely something that describes her personality. She really does not consider anyone but herself.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Flippen hell I'm so angry I didn't even mention anything about what the spirits did! They must be very powerful indeed. I know the feeling you speak of though, but never thought of it as possible spiritual intervention.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Oh my effing word, Triden!

I am so angry right now! The nerve of that cow!

Did you do or say anything to her once you calmed down? I'm hoping you leant more towards DO rather than say. I hate people like that. You have 2 young boys who might want to sleep late including yourself too. And 7:30 on a cold Winter's morning?! The insensitive self absorbed freak! Did she at least apologise for the distress or did she just ask continually if you're ok?

This reminds me of the Dean we had at the first college I attended. She was downright rude to me for no reason. What made things worse was back then I was a softie too and I just kept absorbing things like a sponge. Until one day I just exploded and gave her a piece of my mind. Her response was that I'm very defensive and need to go see a psychologist because I might have some underlying issues. However, from that day on she left me alone and was very professional towards me.

My moto: 'don't mistake my kindliness and friendliness for weakness. I will F you up!'

Ugh! I don't even want to think of that stupid girl at your place. You need to kick her out or just say NO. She sees she can use you and that's why she continues.

Ok, I'm really angry and need to go have a cup of coffee now 😠
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Wow triden,
I am angry for you! And it would have taken more than a spirit or two to keep me from ripping her head off her shoulders. Lol This gal goes further than a mooch. She sounds very much like a narcissist. Lives in her own reality and she is all that matters. Put a stop to her taking advantage of you before it gets worse. Next time those spirits may not be able to hold you.
Besides, the anger she invokes isn't healthy for you or your family.
Thank you for sharing your experience.:)

Blessed Be
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Well...dang, triden! That is some account! It sounds to me as though this girl was really asking for it. I mean mooching to the point of home invasion? What did she think? Just take what ever she wanted? What if you had been the type to have a gun or something? Ok...I'm going to add here that she's not only a mooch but stupid as well.
I found this account of yours particularly interesting because of the plot of a fictional story I'd written sometime back. In it the heroine's dead brother takes her over when ever there's a threat to her. He literally steps in. So close to your wondering 'what would it be like'- sometimes I swear we have parallel thoughts!
I think you didn't feel 'taken over' because it wasn't hostile or malevolent, but for your own good, by spirits who love you, not something tending to, well hold you hostage so to speak and 'use' you.
Very interesting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: