You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Another Mysterious Case Of The Caring Monk

Real Ghost Stories

Another Mysterious Case Of The Caring Monk

 

This story happened in Kentucky. It also involves the alcoholic man that gave my son and I so much grief until he passed a few years ago. You can read about him in my first story.

We had just met. He was cleaning up his act and working at the monastery, and we had a rather nice relationship going on. The monastery has miles of extensive woods. My son and I used to walk in them a lot and fish or swim in the lakes. We were introducing Frank, the city guy, to the country and we packed up a picnic and drove to our spot to park and walked the half mile through the woods to the spring-fed lake that had been formed a hundred years ago when the monks quarried rock to build with.

Mind you, this is in the sure enough woods, with only deer trails to follow and wildlife all over, with birds singing and no streetlights. In fact, no street where we walked back to. We had settled on a spot, and built a little cook fire to roast kabobs on. We ate and drank, and swam and explored. Frank had never seen anything that was there, so this was really a lot of fun and we stayed until dark, not realizing that this large strong city man would be afraid of the dark in the country (which, admittedly, is absolutely dark except the stars). Well we calmed his nerves, assured him that both my son and I knew the path in the dark, and we will all get back fine.

The trail going back was not difficult. Really, my son and I always liked it there at night, but the man was afraid and was losing his temper. Now this was a year after my friend, and technically my boss, Br. Thomas had passed. And he'd already manifested a lot of things to numbers of people on the monastery property. Thomas's gift was always service. He took care of guests, property, poor folks who needed things.

So there we were, walking in the woods with a man who's losing it, and Frank is behind my son and me, and he said "Oh, what is that light around your son?" I said "I don't see any light around Dude." He said, "There's a light around him and I can see where where we're going." He felt strange and wanted to get moving.

When we got up onto the dirt road that was like a long driveway connecting the properties, we all could see the light. Appropriate at a monastery. It was a soft lime green light, moving around in a haze from one to the other of us, and finally just enveloped Frank where he stood. He was carrying a cooler and cooking supplies, and he dropped them and stood there looking at his hands and arms and asking if I could see the green light on his hands. I said "Yes, that happens out here sometimes. Actually, it's all over you". He said, "But this isn't normal!" I said, "It's normal here. How do you feel?" We stopped to argue about normal. He said he felt pretty good, in fact peaceful and sleepy. So the green thing was doing him a lot of good, whatever or whoever it was.

He told a guy at the local bar about his experience, and the guy said right away," That'd be Br. Thomas probably. That really sounds like something he'd do."

Really, you see orbs and feel energy spots in that area often, so I couldn't be certain who or what it was. I think it was another case of the caring ghost.

Other hauntings by Swimsinfire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Swimsinfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Swimsinfire
I loved your story. I thought that a grown man being so afraid of the dark was a bit weird, but people are afraid of what they can't see. When he saw your son enveloped in light he was in a rush to get back to the car.
You say that a green light went from one to the other and finally enveloped Frank. You're right green is the healing color and it settled on Frank because he needed to be healed from his fright of the dark and seeing your son enveloped in light. I'm curious if Frank saw white light around your son because white light is for protection. It was probably Br. Thomas helping Frank and if he saw white light surrounding your son he was protecting him.
I'm glad everything ended up well and that someone else confirmed that Br. Thomas does things like this.
This is an area I would love to visit. It sounds beautiful and almost magical. It would be a good place to meditate and rejuvenate your mind body and soul.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
[at] swimsinfire, that area sounds peaceful and fun. I spent my summers as a child living amongst the woods. It is definitly peaceful. And what a great experience. It sounds like the caring monk was trying to help calm frank. To help him make it out of there without stressing to much more. Love this experience! ❤
SparklinBurgndy (6 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Aww, that sounds sweet! I like to hear stories that aren't just the same old 'scary, freaked out' experiences. Well, your friend was freaked out, but Br. Thomas took the time to calm him down.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
I've heard diferent explanations on color, but green is suposed to mean something like healing, loving care. See, I knew Confederate had some nice in him thankyou for your comment, there still is a Native American and mixed presents in that area. There's a small raised area in a field that people have theorized is a very old mound. Not exactly sure. They have a web page. Monks.org. Click on Abby of Gethsemany.
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
Great account! I can picture walking the path.
What is with green I wonder? You'll see why I asked that when you read my next story. But seriously, why green? Thanks for sharing.

Blessed Be 😊
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
I would love to visit this place. Sounds like a blessed, peaceful place.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
Absolutely, and because the guy needed it, too. That never happened to my son or I, but then we never were afraid in the woods. Then he took a long time to calm my friend down also.
ConfederateGhost (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
I can imagine the beauty of this place, it is the land of the Native Indian Tribes at the end of the day. Their spirits will continue to look after it even if most of them aren't there in person.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
It sounds like a beautiful, and amazing area. Whether it was Br Thomas or someone else it's pretty awesome that they took the time to guide your family out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: