You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Sign that He Can Still Sense Me?

Real Ghost Stories

A Sign that He Can Still Sense Me?

 

In 1998, one of my best friends (Billy), passed away from a car accident. We met at work and we became close friends after my boyfriend (Dave) of 6 years passed away from a car accident that involved alcohol. About 6 months after his funeral, I decided to meet up with a friend for a drink after work. She actually knew Billy for several years and we actually met through him.

At the bar, we were just reminiscing about the good times we had with him. Billy worked in our IT department. I told her he used to come in early and do things to my computer/telephone just so I could discover them in the mornings and open a ticket so one of their people, Billy, would have to call and come down to troubleshoot the issues. He also used to send me daily emails saying "good morning beautiful". I smiled every time I received them. Well, during me and Leanna's conversation about him, I received a page. Yes, this was back in the days when we carried pagers. The page displayed my direct work line. It was 8pm and no one stays that late at the office. And why would someone call my from my work desk? I called my work number and there was no answer.

The next morning, I asked my co-worker that sat directly next to me if she had paged me from my desk. She said NO. Who paged me... Was it Billy?

Other hauntings by ThaiFemme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ThaiFemme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HawaiiFemme (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-16)
Hi Joy:

Imagine my surprise to find you & your story here and after all these years.

It's a small internet after all.

I hope that Billy and his father have found peace by now.

I also hope that all is well with you. I still so miss my Virginia days.

Take care,
Jennifer
😳
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear ThaiFemme,

Thank you for sharing more information in regards to your other contacts with Billy. I thought perhaps you might have had more experiences then the pager call you had mentioned in your story. Generally, loved ones will immediately contact those closest to them and those who are more sensitive to their messages whether in dreams or in 3D physical, attention-getting activity. Many times more than one person will admit they did have contact. The easiest way for those who crossed over or not crossed over yet, is through dreams when human beings have their guard and ego down. Be observant for other signs and dreams. They may become infrequent with time, but when called upon or prayed about, a person who has crossed over can be contacted. As I said, our loved ones are always with us in memory and in spirit. Blessings, Abby
ThaiFemme (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Yes, we had a beautiful friendship. It was very hard for me to accept losing two important people in my life, back to back. I was only 20 years old at the time. I did have some really strange but almost life like dreams the night before Billys funeral too.

This is what happened in the dream:
I was sitting at work in my cube as normal. There's an emergency glass exit door near my desk. I felt it open and an arm reached in and said, "Joy" (Joy is my real name). I turned around and it was Billy's arm. He was wearing a flannel shirt. I didn't even look up to see his face. I just grabbed his hand and he took me for a walk around a neighborhood. There were orange and red leaves flying around... It was Autumn... So beautiful outside.

Billy kept telling me "Joy, everything is going to be ok. I am so sorry". I said "Billy, what are you talking about, why are you acting this way"? He just kept saying he was sorry, and that everything will be ok. I was so frustrated by it. I finally looked up and I did see his face. But his face was pale, and his eyes were not real. His mouth was not real either. He opened his mouth and it was black. I was crying... And then I woke up. I was so shaken up by the dream.

I put my clothes on and attended his funeral that morning. I told one of my co-workers about the dream. When it was my turn to look at the casket, I placed my ring on his finger because I wanted him to be buried with it. However, my co-worker told me he was going to be creamated and that its best to remove it. I took the ring back and put it on my finger.

That co-worker also told me that if I hold his hand and pray, I will not have any bad dreams about him. I was not a believer of this at first, but for many years, I did not dream about Billy or see his face... Until one day on my way back home from VA beach, I drove past the same hotel we stayed at many years ago. Va beach was 3 hours from where we lived and we visited that place together as a treat from his mother.

That night I laid in bed and he came into my dreams. His face was all over it and he was also wearing the same flannel shirt. I heard things falling into my bathtub as well. When I woke up, I checked my bathroom and every shampoo/conditioner bottle... And other small trinketts had fallen in. It felt as if we were still at the beach.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
with his memory in your heart, why couldn't it be Billy? Wether you have proof or not, you need to decide what you believe.

what a beautiful friendship, and love that binds trancends time and death.

you are blessed1
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear ThaiFemme,

It is up to you to decide what you perceived happened that evening at 8PM when your pager went off. If you feel that you researched all 3D physical causes throughly without a proven 3D physical explanation, then it is quite possible that it was Billy.

Generally, I have found that if it happens quite a bit and there are other signs, it would most likely point to Billy. One time, might be an error due to another living person. In the end, it is still up to you to decide who called.

Either way, Billy is with you in memory and in spirit.--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: