You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Very Little People

Real Ghost Stories

Very Little People

 

For many of the people who come from Mexico you know that Mexico is just filled with ghost stories and myths. For all of you who don't know... Well now you know. There are many many stories and myths told in the town where my parents are from. I have heard about many of them through my parents who have heard these stories from the older women who used to sit around together outside of their houses in the evening telling these supposed ghost stories. One that I heard in particular from my grandmother really caught my interest. This did not happen to me mind you, but I would really appreciate some comments and feed back on this.

My grandma said that when she was little, her mother used to tell her about these tiny little people as in Thumbelina kind of people that were supposedly mischievous and would always steal small personal objects in your house if you weren't careful. Now she said they weren't harmful at all but that they always came when you weren't looking. She blamed the loss of many objects on these little people. My grandmother of course wasn't one to easily believe in such things, until one day later on in her life, she said she happened to come across one.

She said she was just sitting in her house one day (for those of you not familiar with a mexican house, usually the house has a type of court or patio right in the middle where it is open so there is sun and the sky coming in) and she had her eyes closed, just relaxing, when she felt a tug on her pants on one of her legs. She ignored it and kept her eyes close. Again she felt a tug on her pants and she thought it was like a cat or something and when she opened her eyes her shoe on one of her feet were gone. Later that day she found the shoe down where the animals were, by this big door she has leading to a big yard and the town river.

Well this happened again the next day and she said she was determined to catch that cat, only this time after the second tug she opened her eyes and said "I got you!" and to her surprise it was a tiny little man almost like a fairy only without any wings or anything. He was running with her shoe! But then he dropped it. She would also tell me that sometimes when they would eat or have dinner they would sometimes leave tortillas on the table in a cloth and later they wouldn't be there any more. One time one of my aunts saw one and ran out of the house across the street to the neighbors house.

Now this isn't my story. But for some reason I feel that there are all types of different things we don't understand and cannot explain. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on what these little people could be or if they even exist. The two people, my grandma and my aunt had these experiences at different times my grandma having hers first had not told anyone about it until my aunt told her story. Could it be that they both saw the same thing?

Input is appreciated.

thanks

:)

Other hauntings by jeya

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jeya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

peggyaguayo73 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-19)
I remember my mom and tias telling us stories that their parents told them about the little people... And to watch out for them. I had my own experience when I was really little at my grandmothers house. Her house was in Glendale-but it was built out of scraps of wood-but it was home... I recall laying on the floor of my grandmothers bedroom... I was laying on rug and I can remember hearing voices underneath the floor boards...whispers...but my nana came in and I told her and she told me not to listen in or the little people would come and get me!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
When I lived in "Kenwood" oklahoma for a short time the cherokees, (this was an all cherokee town, but not a reservation. Located in north eastern oklahoma), believed in little people they called junstees (sp?, That's how it sounded when they said the word). The closest definition on the net I found is located at " http://www.ilhawaii.net/~stony/lore132.html"; Many people there had junstee stories. One that was recent (then) happened to someone I knew. During the summer He would take his bed out under the carport where it was cool at night and he got a good breeze. He said he never really believed in junstees (little people). One night just after laying down he heard and felt a "Ting ting ting" like someone banging something on the side of his bed frame. He had a metal bed frame. He sat up puttting his feet over the side of the bed. Imediatly he heard a "ting ting ting" like someone rapping on the back of the house. They had a brick home. He walked around back, which by the way was only right around the corner maybe ten feet from where he sat on his bed. He told me all of this starting under the carport and walking me through just what he did that night. As soon as he went around the corner of the house he heard a "ting ting ting" on the shed that was at the back of their yard right on the edge of the forest that went on for God only knows how far since it is in a wooded part of oklahoma. He walked out to the shed, (which was approx. 100 feet from the back of the house. At least. To fast for a human to have ran after hitting the house in the short time it took to step around the corner of the house) As soon as he reached the shed he heard the same "ting ting ting" deep in the woods. He Said he almost went out in the woods searching for the source of the noise, then remembered what his grandmother told him of the junstees and how they lured people into the woods. He went back to the carport and took his bed back into the house. I looked out into the forest as it was growing dark while he told me this story. It was eerie. I didn't want to venture out there alone after that. At least not in their neck of the woods. There be junstees
encartaphile (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Sometimes, I will have objects go missing. It's usually something that I need and that I know where it was last. Then, as soon as I stop needing it, it will turn up exactly where it should be. I've had my glasses extracted from my face and carefully folded and laid aside while I was sleeping. I've had things only just set down move to weird spots across the room. My friends and I jokingly say "The gnomes are at it again" and theorize that the odd widgets that don't seem to go to anything that turn up in drawers and under couch cushions are actually gnome currency as a form of payment for the items that never turn up again.
GASCA82 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-17)
😊 hello Jeya, I am new to the site and I read your story and one word came to my mind "DUENDES"...

Ana.
😁
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-14)
I've heard several stories similar to your grandmothers story. These little people show up a lot in Polish folklore. When I was younger I used to believe that they were not real but now I am not to sure because some strange things have happenned to me good and bad.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
thanks a lot abby that's what I always thought as well. From what she had told me I didn't think these little people were harmful in anyway.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear jeya,

It is your grandmother's story, and she will know what is true.

Whether another person believes or not in little people there is still much we as humans do not know nor have we truly experienced.

It is my belief to respect and honor all things living and non-living. One may never know when a living and/or non-living being or thing may be there to love, support, protect or even save us from ourselves.

As humans, our closed mindedness and big headedness, might just turn away that which might save us.

I appreciate your grandmother's story.--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: