You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Collection Of Small Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Collection Of Small Experiences

 

Hey everyone, this is my first and probably only story I'll be submitting! It's just a collection of small things that have happened to me over the years. Nothing major and possibly they can be explained away but then again possibly not, and I hope not. So I hope you guys like them and they're not too disappointing ☺

Gran

This is one of the stories that is probably the least likely to be paranormal but its one of the ones I want to be true the most.

So my gran died in March 2011. She had lived with us my whole life and I loved her very much. A few weeks after she died I was asleep and dreaming. I can't remember what the dream was about but it wasn't about her. Then in the middle of the dream I walked into the kitchen of my house and she was there doing the dishes. I walked over to my mum who was at the other end of the room and said, "Does Granny know she's not supposed to be here anymore?"

Now I'm not sure why I said that, usually in dreams I control what I'm saying but not this time. So then mum said, "Yea, I know she shouldn't be here but just go over to her and ask how she is." So over I went to granny and asked, "Gran, are you ok?" she just said "Yes, I'm doing ok, you don't have to worry about me" and smiled and turned back to the dishes. I then walked out of the room and carried on with the rest of my dream. Now maybe that was just a normal dream, but just the way it was stuck in the middle of another random dream and I wasn't in control of myself in it and because of what she said, that one sentence, I feel like it was actually her.

Mini

A month after my gran died, my cat Mini got hit by a car and died. He was only 2. He was my beautiful baby boy and I loved him so much. I cried and cried and cried, probably just as much as when gran died. He always slept at the bottom of my bed at night and would walk up to me and pat me, or nose me, or just trample all over me to wake me to let him out.

So a few weeks, I think it was, after he was gone I was sitting at the bottom of my bed not thinking about him or anything and I felt him jump up beside me. Now, I know I felt it or at least at the time I was sure I did but there were no footprints or indents on the bed or anything. Do other people usually see these when there's something on the bed with them? I hope it was him because I love the idea of him coming back to see me. It only happened that once, though I haven't lived there in years now.

Marie

My aunt Marie passed away on new years day 2012. Less than a year after gran and Mini (that was a seriously bad year). She was my favourite person and probably the nicest person in the world. I mean one time she had her electricity cut off in her house from not paying the bill because she paid her neighbours bill instead. They were a family and couldn't afford it themselves. THAT is how nice she was. So I was sitting on my bed (this was a good while after her death, maybe a few months) and I think I was thinking about her from what I can remember. I might not of been I can't really remember. Then I just suddenly got a really strong smell of her perfume for like 2 seconds, then it was gone. I searched the room sniffing everything trying to find something that could of caused it but there was nothing. It was definitely her perfume because it's very distinctive. It was the only one she ever wore for as long as I could remember. She always smelled of it, her clothes smelled of it, her house smelled of it, and even presents that she'd send me from England would smell of it! So I'm 100% sure I wasn't confusing it with anything else.

I know smells can trigger memories, but can memories trigger smells? Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me making me think I could smell this in the room, but I know if she could of came back to let me know she was ok then she would have. So hopefully it was her. It was so strong.

Plymouth

My fiancΓ© and I spent a summer in Massachusetts 3 years ago. There we met a man called Ric who lived in a very very haunted house in Plymouth, which is itself a very haunted town, being the oldest in the states. He had a museum beside his house called the Trask Museum (you can Google it he's even been in a book about hauntings) which was also very haunted and even has a famous haunted pram in it! He's had an uncountable amount of experiences there and actually knows some of the ghosts by name and has been helped out by them. He gave ghost tours around his house and the museum and we became really good friends with him and would spend most of our evenings sitting on the steps outside his house chatting for hours.

But this first experience of mine didn't really involve Ric other than I was in the garden of the museum and was on a ghost tour (not his) of the area around Plymouth. So me and Seamy are standing in the back of the group in front of the museum listening to the guide. I feel a tug on my trousers around the waist/belt area. Just a gentle tug but a definite one. I didn't stumble back but there's no doubt that I was tugged. Of course I turned around to Seamy who was standing beside me and gave out to him telling him to get away from me, I'm trying to listen and he's so annoying. Turns out it wasn't him at all. Which makes sense as I would of seen him pull his arm away from me cause I looked at him right after I felt it. There was no one else standing behind, or near me, and nothing I could have caught a belt loop on.

There's only really one other thing that happened kind of to me while I was there in those buildings, despite all the time I spent there (which was more than in my own flat). I was in the museum with Ric, he was just checking on something and I wandered into the room with the pram. The pram was on the far side of the room and there was a piano on the side closest to the door I walked in. There was a pair of tiny boys pants sitting on top of the piano crumpled up like they'd just been thrown there. I picked them up and went into Ric. "Ric, why were there tiny pants on the piano?" I asked. He started to explain then stopped and said wait where did you get them? I said on the piano and he said he had left them folded on the handle of the pram because they were child's pants and he just kind of though they'd go with it. There is a child who plays with the pram, its found nearly every day in a different part of the room or out of the room altogether. If you put something on the pram this kid doesn't like he/she has a history of getting rid of it!

There was one night when we didn't get to go to Ric's and he had a group and they went upstairs in his house and there was a big black mass there. They all saw it and Ric went towards it to ask who it was (as you do) and he got pushed back so they left. I was so annoyed I missed that! He also has a ghost called Captain Taylor that liked to tickle people's feet who stayed in a certain room!

If you want to read the book that Ric is in for a few chapters let me know and I can give you the name and author. It's small but very good, and has lots more of his stories in.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aishling, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
Lady-Glow thank you I'm happy you liked them:) the books called "The haunted pram and other true New England ghost stories" by Edward Lodi. It's small but a really good read.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
Aishling: I really enjoyed reading your stories, I'm sure your loved ones came to say hello and let you know they are OK.

I'm interested on reading that book and would appreciate if you could give me the name and author.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, they are very sweet. 😊
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
Fergie - sure why would you want to be a pea when you could be a duchess 😊 (is there a disney story in there somewhere?) I was watching the episode of friends that she was in a few days ago so I think that's why it came into my head!

ChrisB- Thank you so much I'm really happy you enjoyed it πŸ˜†
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Wow great story or should I say stories 😁.I have to say it was very interesting to read your story. I believe your granma and cat came to you. Just to say goodbye. And your post"we interupt your dream for a special broadcast" made my day πŸ˜†.Thank you for sharing it was amazing. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
LOL Aishling, I have come up in the world, now haven't I? Another poster from the UK calls me her black eyed pea... Ha ha!

You deserved the encouragement. And you're welcome. ❀ From the snippets that you wrote previously, I thought your encounters were anything but boring. You needed a submission of your own, so that others could comment on you experiences 'properly'!

Who knows, maybe you have had other experiences that have been tucked away in the recesses of your mind, just hovering there, waiting for the 'trigger' to set them free. πŸ˜‰ That has happened to me a few times. LOL, but I am old and forgetful. πŸ˜†
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Hi Fergie (lady with the royal name) I guess I was worried everyone would say nope no one came to visit you and your stories are boring! Because Mini, gran and Marie were all very very important to me I was worried about it not being true and wanted to live in ignorance if that was the case! But that's not what people are saying so thanks for the encouragement:)

Hi Valkricry, my dream about gran definitely felt more like an interruption to my dream than like a dream itself. Kind of like "we interrupt your regularly scheduled dream to bring you this message" type of moment! And yes Mini was not the most subtle of cats. Very very smart but did like to trample on my head! I always imagined the kid attached to the pram as a stroppy only child! I kind of wondered if that was who pulled on my jeans too as it was pretty low down, not like my shoulder.

Hi badjuujuu, thanks, I really think it was my aunt too. Maybe she'll visit again one day if I'm lucky!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
I think that loved ones, human and furry, will find ways to let us know that they are at peace. In my opinion, it's a gift they give us, an attempt to ease our sorrow.
I don't know if memories can trigger a scent, I guess it's possible, but I really think your aunt was paying you a visit.
❀
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Aishling,
I think it was your gran visiting you. Generally (from my own experience and what I've heard from others) visions and visitations have a different 'feel' to them than normal random dreams. From what you say, I'm thinking Gran wanted to reassure you that she was indeed ok.
I had to giggle when you described Mini as trampling all over you to wake you up, as my cat,Kirby, does that too. I haven't had the pleasure of any of my pets coming back to visit; at least none that I'm sure about, but many on here have. And I don't recall any reporting imprints left behind.
With your Aunt Marie, she certainly sounds like a wonderful woman, I say treasure the smell. I think, maybe she did stop by to see you.
Your Plymouth experiences sound fascinating. I'm thinking the spirit attached to the pram is probably female, as boys generally aren't possessive over such things.
This might be a collection of 'small' experiences, but I thought it well worth the read! Very interesting!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Hi Aishling, (lady with the pretty name) all of your experiences are possible in the realm of the supernatural. 😊 What were you so worried about? πŸ˜•

Your question...hmm, I honestly can't give you an answer on that as I haven't had that experience. I hope someone else may enlighten you.

Thank you for sharing your interesting experiences, and welcome to YGS. ❀
Aishling (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Yay now I feel like I'm a real member 😁 it came out a lot longer than I thought it would be! Oops! Thank you for letting me know that you didn't see any imprints of your cats either. That makes me feel a lot happier about the possibility of it being Mini! Hopefully that was granny and Marie and not just wishful thinking. The fact that someone else also thinks it could be possible that it was them is comforting. I miss them a hell of a lot and it would mean they missed me too 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Aishling - hey, your story made it 😊. First I firmly believe we can receive messages in our dreams, so I do not doubt that your gran visited you to let you know she was okay. These are wonderful experiences when they happen. Treasure it ❀

As far as animals visiting us, yep, that happens too. In my experience (I would have to check my Journal to make sure), I don't recall ever seeing the imprint of any of my ghost cats when they have been in my bed. I have felt them, one just last week as a matter of fact. Even felt the cat jump and his/her claws dig into my bed. Other members may have different experiences with their ghostly animals. I believe they are just like humans who have passed. Each case is different.

Can memories trigger a smell? That is a great question and one you could get differing opinions on. My opinion is, again based solely on my experiences, it is very possible you were visited by your aunt. Sometimes they use a distinct scent/odor to let us know they are around. Something we can easily identify them with.

I'll have to come back on Plymouth and Ric LOL. I'm beat and ready for bed. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: