You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Skeletons Floating And Staring

Real Ghost Stories

Skeletons Floating And Staring

 

About a month ago I fell asleep on the couch and about 3 in the morning I woke up from a flash of light. I found a skeleton floating parallel to me just staring. I closed my eyes and shook my head to make sure I was really awake, opened my eyes again and there were 2 more skeletons floating in the room. The skeletons were almost appearing as an x-ray, they were see-through and kind of glowed. I didn't feel threatened just kind of weirded out. I said, "I'm going to bed", got up and went to my bedroom and went back to sleep.

The event really perplexed me and frightened me a little in the context that I have been ill for a while so I was afraid of a deeper meaning. But I know I was awake, so I was relating the event to my 30 year old daughter and my sister to get their feelings about the incident, and my daughter told me that she experienced the same occurrence the week after I did.

I had a medical procedure while my husband was out of town so my daughter spent the night with me and slept on the downstairs couch. She said she was waked by a flash of light and found a skeleton floating around the couch so she got up and turned the TV on. My daughter also worried that the event was tied to my ill health but also wondered if it was her dad who we lost in 1996 but I said surely not since both her and I have seen her father several times in our dreams when he contacts us and I don't believe he would want to scare or unnerve us.

I just wonder if there is some underlying meaning as I have been ill for a while.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shedvl357, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mymyrach (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-26)
Okay so I googled what it meant to see a ghost in skeleton form and this is the only article similar to what I seen last night. So heres my story, last night I kept waking up every two hours on the dot feeling very paranoid well at 4am a light flashed by my window which doesn't happen unless someone's coming all the way up our driveway as we live away from roads and other houses. So I turned around to face my dresser where I saw a floating skeleton shape hovering over it. You could see the skull, ribcage, and arms and hands. The only strange part was the arms and hands were crept over like a dog on it's hind legs. I stared at it for about 40 seconds watching it literally hover slightly up and down until I said "Okay please get out now" and I closed my eyes and reopened them and it was gone. I then got up and slept with the light on. The following day, my Mom called telling me my Dad heard my dead dog yelping while he was doing his homework late at night. When she was dying she would yelp in the middle of the night and he reheard that at the same time my Mother was thinking about how they could have treated her better in her old age. I have always had the ability to sense the energy of spirits but never have I ever imagined I would see the spirit of an animal. I just don't understand the reasoning for showing up as a clean corpse. I wanted to add my story to this as it's very similar to my story and I can find no other like it.
shellshell3030 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-01)
You said it was like an xray, see through and glowy. Do your health problems have to do with your bones, or could it be your daughter or another family member have bone problems? I am thinking that it means that somebody should see an ortho or will need to soon.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Well...according to author Stacie Spielman,"Spirits can choose to appear in any form. Sometimes they choose to be beautiful. Other times they may choose to be ugly and frightening. Often, they take on the appearance of an angel, a bogey-man (the more ghoulish the better), a skeleton, or even a fairy or departed loved one... Spirits can cause or relieve pain and symptoms of disease. In at least some cases of Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, M.S., and A.L.S."
Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in Ms. Spielman's understanding of the spectral world, as she seems to feel everything is of demonic origin (although she herself claims to have a healing guide.) However, some of what she says does make sense. Read for yourself and decide: http://www.staciespielman.com/DemonicSpirits.htm
Personally I do not believe all spirits to be demonic. To me that is like saying you can have a negative with no positive, ying without yang. Evil without Good.
As a symbol skeletons (often used in the tarot to portray death, as pointed out by BJJ) represents not death as we understand it but change, or the end of something. Interesting is your daughter experienced the same thing. Since both you and your daughter experienced it, I'm thinking it's a tie you share. From the information given us, you are both concerned over your health - are there other common concerns? (Finances comes to mind, and things of that ilk.) I don't wish to pry but has your health worsened or improved since the experience?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Hello shedvl357, welcome to YGS. It is quite odd. Till now I haven't heard aboutsuch experience. May be some experienced posters like Rook, Val or Mods, Martin, Miracles, ZZSgranny should give me some clarification about this different experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
I see the skeleton as a type of symbol. When you strip away race, culture, religion, personality, sex, and so on, the skeleton is the one thing we have in common. I'm wondering if there's some type of conflict going on here? I agree with BadJuuJuu in that the skeleton is representing some kind of major change in your life.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
Well, this actually put me in mind of the Tarot oddly enough. The Death card is commonly represented as a skeleton figure, or Grim Reaper type, but the Death card doesn't represent literal death. It actually represents change, an end to one thing and beginning of another. After you saw the skeletons, did any change happen? Doesn't have to be related to health, just any significant change. Lady-glow's "skeleton's in the closet" idea is interesting as well. Was or is there anything hidden that you may be concerned about?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
I mean: "the only thing I can think about..."
Sorry, that was a keyboard malfunction! 😜

And yes, some times I can be crazy and have to ask -are you sure they are not 'the skeletons in the closet'? 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
shedvl357:
After reading your interesting story the only think I can think about is an experienced that a very good friend of my family had a long time ago. She is psychic and afraid of her abilities.
Anyway, one day during meditation/relaxation time in a yoga class she levitated in front of the other members of the class; and after that she refused to attend the lessons again.
When asked what happened she told (just to the people closest to her) that she saw her body floating at great speed and leaving the Earth behind, then all her skin, hair and internal organs "fell off of her body" and just her skeleton stayed there among the stairs and planets, and at that moment she "knew" she was one with the Universe and could send her love and help to anyone she wish.

I know this sounds crazy and I AM NOT IN DRUGS, but -Could it be possible that the skeletons you saw are people with this ability trying to help you?

You have enough stress in your life, try not to think that this skeletons are a bad omen.

I hope you get well soon.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: