You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: All My Life

Real Ghost Stories

All My Life


I didn't know what else to name my story because it is exactly as it is: I've experienced things all my life. I've been reluctant to say anything to anyone before. Done research on this sort of thing because wanted to understand a little more about what I've seen, and then I found this website and brought up the courage to speak my mind and finally tell about my experiences.

My earliest memory when I was four or five and there was a red figure that used to live under my bed. At first I thought maybe it was one of the cats because I grew up with cats, but after awhile I began noticing that neither my cats like going under my bed. They would always hiss and scurry away. I realized that it was some sort of spirit, but even as a child I was never afraid of it. I always used to try to persuade it to come out from under the bed and play with me. It would always scurry back to the wall that my bed was propped up against and disappear. As the years progressed I finally just started ignoring the thing.

After a while more things started happening. I began seeing more things such as shadow people and faces in mirrors and windows that were definitely not human. This went on for years and I tried ignoring it all, never telling anyone about it. I used to wake up in the middle of the night seeing distorted human-shaped shadows crawling on the ceiling. I even saw something crawl on all fours out of my brother's room before disappearing.

I grew up in a Christian home and my dad was the wisest and greatest man I've ever known. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his daughter. He really was a great man. Anyone who knew him or even met him briefly would say so. He used to have us do devotions and pseudo fasts as a family. But sometimes, just before starting the fast, my dad would get so sick he'd be hospitalized and we would have to postpone the fast or devotions. My dad was sick a lot and hospitalized two or three times a year before he passed ten years later.

The first time we did this pseudo fast, about halfway through it (15th day), he had a nightmare that he was in darkness walking toward the light but a demon was sitting on his shoulder holding him back, digging its talons into the ground to keep him from going any further. My dad said that when he finally woke up from the dream he was too afraid to open his eyes because he felt an evil presence in his room as if something was hovering over him and looking at him as he slept. So he prayed for almost an hour before the thing finally left his room and he could open his eyes again.

He used to say he believed that the devil had visited him to try to keep him from continuing with devotions in the pseudo fasts because he knew that it was something God wanted us to do to bring us closer to him. He also believes that him getting sick just before devotions or the fast was because the devil was attacking him.

I was 19 when my dad passed and I moved to Oregon because I needed someone to help me become an adult. My mom had passed when I was only 9, and with my dad gone, I didn't know what else to do, so I moved in to live with a good friend of the family's.

At first nothing weird happened but after a while I started seeing things again. The usual faces in mirrors and windows and black shadow creatures, but a few extra things started happening. I started having nightmares of shadow creatures chasing me and killing my family. I would even call my family the next day see if they were alright and they always thought I was weird for asking so many questions. This went on for two years.

One night in the middle of the night I woke up hearing a voice whispering in my ear. I couldn't make out anything it was saying but I did hear one name. It was my older brother's name and for personal reasons I will not give his name out. I shrugged it off, thinking it was probably just my imagination but then only 20 minutes later I got a text message from my sister saying that our older brother was in the hospital for trying to kill himself. I still don't know if I really heard someone whispering to me, but just the fact that I heard my brother's name and only 20 minutes later I find out he's in the hospital for attempting suicide, I believe maybe a spirit was trying to tell me something.

After two years in Oregon I joined the Air Force and I thought that I was getting away from the spirits but little did I know that the dorms in basic training and in tech school were full of spirits.

My experiences in basic training, of course the usual with a few extra things. I still hear whispers at night and one experience I had there it was in the middle of the night one night, I woke up to use the latrine and when I go in there, I see one of the stall doors closed and a pair of feet underneath it. I thought it was just another girl who had to use the latrine as well so I went to another stall and went to the bathroom. I didn't hear any other toilet flush or water running as if to wash her hands or the loud squeaky squeaky door opening, but when I got out of the latrine to wash my hands the stall door the other girl had been in was open but no one was in there. I searched the entire latrine in case she may have been somewhere else but no one was there, and as I came out of the latrine I went to the entry controller which was right outside the latrine and asked them if they saw anyone come out and they said no.

Another experience I had in basic training was one night I heard a very loud voice shouting, "ROOM! TEN HUT!" Automatically I jumped out of bed at attention, expecting an officer to look in but I looked around and the lights were all off and I was the only one who jumped out of bed, the other girls were still sleeping. Again I shrugged it off and went back to bed.

In tech school nothing significant really happened but I still saw things and heard things. Some nights instructors will come to the dorms and make sure everyone was in the room because we had a curfew. One night when someone banged on my door and I went to open it to let them know that we are all there, no one was at the door. I even walked up and down the hall to see if maybe they just walked away. But I didn't see anyone, the whole hall was empty and I didn't hear any footsteps. As usual I ignored it and pretended it didn't happen. I've never told anyone anything because I've been too afraid to be told that I was just crazy.

I'm still at my first duty station and I've been here over a year. Already things are happening to me. In fact they started happening immediately after I got here. Things are being moved around, misplaced, falling over, sometimes my AC will drop all the way to 40 degrees even though I keep it up at 70.

There's a shuttle creature that likes to hang up/hang around on the ceiling in the corner over my bed and watch me as I sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night and see it just watching me. When I had a boyfriend sometimes he would stay in my room with me and one night I woke up and saw something, a shadow creature, hovering over him and touching his forehead and then suddenly it disappeared. When its on me the next morning, my boyfriend told me that he had a nightmare that I was possessed in trying to kill him.

Only a few nights later I had a similar dream, only I was in my dorm room and everything looks as it is in real life. I dreamt that after I got out of the shower, I heard a loud crashing in my room. As I stepped out of the bathroom, I saw the refrigerator knocked over with all of the contents all over the floor and on the walls and ceilings. And then I walked around the corner into the actual bedroom and everything was all over the place. My TV was smashed to bits, my mattress was flipped over, everything was torn down off the walls and scattered all over the place. Then in my dream the lights went out I started feeling something clawing at my back, so I went and turned the lights back on and I went to the mirror and my eyes were completely black, my mouth was completely black and I was possessed. I woke up to my boyfriend shaking me awake. He told me that I was making horrific noises, noises he had never even heard before.

Even after my boyfriend and I broke up I still experience things. I still have strange dreams, I even saw one creature that has no face that is hanging around the entire dorm. One spirit that I see quite often seems to be gentle enough. It looks like a little girl and to me it looks like something had bashed her head in. Still, I ignore her but every now and again she will come into my room look at me for a moment and then go to my box of old stuffed animals and play with them for a while, then she would disappear and leave them on the floor for me to pick up. Sometimes I even come home from work and the stuffed animals are lying around. She doesn't seem evil or wanting to hurt anyone. I think she's just a playful spirit and I still see her from time to time.

I still experience things. I still try to ignore it all and I don't think it's ever going to go away after so many years, 22 years to be exact. I still experience these things and I don't really even care if it goes away or not. I've become used to it but I still ignore it and I'm still afraid to speak up about it. I hope you believe me. That's why I put the story here because it seems safe and it seems like people have experienced things like I have. Thank you for listening I appreciate it.

Other hauntings by CharlaC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CharlaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Xlchanlx (2 posts)
9 years ago (2015-06-12)
I really think that something had latched onto you and your family. When I was younger we moved into a house and right away my grandma and grandpa was getting sick. They both slowly started to get sick and passed away while in that new house. In the meantime I was scared at night and was unable to sleep correctly at night. Always scared of what might happen next. As time moved on we left that house due to a lot of series of bad events from living in that house. But I think whatever it was followed because I started having experiences everywhere I lived after that. Until I got the balls to tell it to leave me alone and I grabbed 3 dogs to keep me company to help me ease up at night.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
10 years ago (2014-07-21)
I know this post is old, but I couldn't help but comment. My family has had similar experiences with what I think they believed were demons/satanic as well. I wrote a story about it previously, but this has happened to both my great-uncle and my mom. Each incident involved something entering their bedrooms and trying to "attack" them. For my great-uncle, he felt that this this was after his newborn baby. My mom felt that it was after her and it actually physically touched her. Both of them have a very strong beliefs in God and both have said that they could only pray and ask for God's help before this thing left them alone. They have both said they felt that it was evil and had evil intent for them.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Hi, thank you for being brave enough to share your experiences. Sorry for all of your losses. What I am thinking is that there may be some kind of generational "ill-will" attached to your family and yourself in spite of your spiritual training and calling, through no fault of your own. You might want to check out videos by fellow named Bob Larson on youtube, and maybe contact his organization. Good-luck and G-d bless.
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Mamachong. I am so sorry for your loss. It's rough having to watch your loved ones go through all that and then be the one to have to decide to let them go. It's something you never get over. After almost four years I still think about it and I'm not ashamed to say that I even cry at times. It's not something I'm willing to do ever again.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-07)


Seriously for a 22 year old you are very mature. I am sure your parents are were proud where ever they are watching you from.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
I am so sorry you had to do that with your dad. I too had to make that decision with my family with my mom. She was on a oxygen machine. Her body shut down. She was going to die with the machines hooked up to her. She was on 75 percent oxygen and she was still shutting down. The nurse was adjusting her to 100 percent oxygen on the machine when I walked in. We were going to wait until the next morning to pull her off, but decided to do it that night, we felt she wouldn't have made it through that night, and we were right.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Charla, I'm so sorry your family had to make that kind of choice. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair, the responsibilities we are given.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
CharlaC and BJJ - this was one of those cases where I didn't want to change a word, even though I thought that shadow was the right word 😆 You never know, "shuttle creature" might actually be something somewhere and I know what assuming does to me sometimes 😆 😉
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
I think I should eplain exactly what happened to my dad. When he was fifteen he was diagnosed with lung cancer. The doctors immediately operated on him and in order to save him they removed a part of his left lung. I don't know how that works but that's what grandma told me. After my dad had turned forty, soon after mom had a heart attack, my dad ended up finding out he jad a bad heart too and went into open heart sugery. A few years after that is when he started getting sick. When he finally went to the hospital they discovered that left lung had filled with fluid. They said it was pneumonia and it made sense. Until about two or three times a year he would wind up in the hospital for the same reason. It was soon after his first time that we had started those fasts. Anyway, after ten long years of being so sick so often, he ended up in the hospital one last time for the same reason, but this time he wasn't getting better. He slowly just got worse. He was there for six months before his lungs just gave out and collapsed. After a week of a resporator being the only thing keeping him alive, the doctors gave us six kids two choices: dad would spend for however long it takes in the hospital with only one. Machine to keep him breathing, or we pull the plug. Hardest decision of my, or any of my siblings' lives. I still hate myself for it but again I have to remember that dad is not suffering anymore and he is with my mom now.
Anyway hope this sheds some light on that whole situation. Should've explained this in the story first. I can understan why peopke would get confused...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Lol! I actually wondered if that could have been an autocorrect thing. Shadow creature makes MUCH more sense. 😁
So the pseudo fast was just ditching junk food in favor of real food? OK, then I hereby change my opinion of your father's experiences. Seems sensitivity may run in your family.
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
To BadJuuJuu. I understand what you are saying about the psuedo fast but honestly my dad got sick quite often even when we skipped the fast. I don't know if the fast was hurting him. We still had good food just no junk food:pizza, cake, tacos etc. We still had meat such as moose, fish, etc. So I don't think that's it. Also about the shuttle creature. I had to laugh because it was supposed to be "shadow". I don't have a computer so I've been typing on my phone and sometimes the auto correct gets me.

To savsavvy1023, thanks for reading and the encouragement.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Well, concerning your father's illnesses, could he have just been weak from the pseudo fasts? The human body does need a certain amount of nutrition to function properly. Depending on how often these were happening, and from the way you explain 15 days as "halfway through" I can't help but wonder if he was just malnourished. A month's fast, pseudo or otherwise, just doesn't seem healthy. Just my opinion.
I don't understand the reference to a "shuttle creature." What is that? I've never heard of it before and am curious.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Thank you for sharing! You have a gift even if it might not seem like it sometimes. Good luck to you and my God bless you for being so patient in all the affliction that life has thrown at you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: